Touro College - Bay Shore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noke11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I was just accepted into Touro College's Bay Shore campus today!

I have some questions that I was hoping some current students would be able to answer.

1) Where do students in the program typically live? I will be an out of state student (from SC) and will need to find an apartment somewhere, hopefully with a roommate. I've heard the Bay Shore area isn't all that nice. Do most students live there or in neighboring towns?

2) What is an estimated cost of living per year? I know Long Island is super expensive compared to a lot of other places, but I was hoping to get a ballpark estimate of what the cost is per year when living with a roommate in a non-dump apartment/house.

3) What can you tell me about the program? How are the professors? What types of students typically go there? Are they all local or will there be others from out of the area such as myself?

4) I know the school is only one building. That doesn't bother me too much. But is it a good learning environment on the inside?

5) Do you know of any ways to get in others who have been accepted to the program? I've been accepted to a couple of other schools and one has a facebook page that allows for everyone to introduce themselves and figure out living situations etc. Does the school set something up like this when it gets closer to matriculation?

There's several reasons why Touro is attractive to me. One of them being the fact that I have some family in the area. However, I don't want to live with them because I feel like I need to be totally immersed in the program in order to be successful. I also grew up in the north (Pittsburgh area) and have been wanting my four seasons back. Plus, the dual degree is a really attractive thing for me as I hope to own my own clinic someday and I feel like this will help me in the long run.

Please let me know if you can help me with these questions! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user