Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same here, started to wonder that if they are accepting any internationals as they may think it is too short period of time to move and get visa, etc..
They will 100% be accepting a few international students. Not everyone accepted posts on here.

Members don't see this ad.

They will 100% be accepting a few international students. Not everyone accepted posts on here.
Yeah I know but consider their deposit for internationals, $200,000 and make that big deposit within 2 weeks? People will ask for extensions, which is not exactly what they want...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I know but consider their deposit for internationals, $200,000 and make that big deposit within 2 weeks? People will ask for extensions, which is not exactly what they want...
200k? Is this typical for a lot schools? Holy smokes. So if your family isnt loaded, how the hell do you come up with that?

I'd retake the DAT and get a 20-21+ AA and TS , and apply to schools that are more forgiving with gpa by using the adea guidebook

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Wouldn't doing well in my masters(GPA above 3.7) offset the DAT?
I thought 19 was a decently competitive DAT score from what my advisors told me.... I guess not :(

Wouldn't doing well in my masters(GPA above 3.7) offset the DAT?
I thought 19 was a decently competitive DAT score from what my advisors told me.... I guess not :(
What's your master's gpa? To be frank, a 19 is just the average score for an accepted applicant.

At least we can all say that Touro is better than most schools in that we don't have to play the waiting game but honestly it's all about luck

I'm very curious to know how many seats are taken so far.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm very curious to know how many seats are taken so far.
You inspired me to call and ask lol Sam wasn't able to provide that number but she said they'll be reaching out to everyone in "a couple days" and that next week will be like this one in the sense that they will send out more acceptances based off feedback from round 2 of acceptances. She also said they plan on sending a mixture of acceptance, waitlists, and rejections soon.

I keep forgetting to ask if there's a ranking process..in other words, how do they determine who gets round 1 acceptance, round 2, etc Obviously the more qualified applicants got the first offer (at least hats my strong assumption) by I wonder if there's more detail to be shared in that regard...

I wonder what the percent of students reject the offer. I would assume its more than normal since it's late in the cycle

Okey, 1st of all DO NOT take this seriously, it is jut for adding something to read rather than F5 ALL DAY.
And indeed, watching electrophoresis is boring....
Lets say 30 ppl in the FB group after 1st round, then now it is 47 after 2nd was out.
And assuming the declining rate is constant(which is not T_T ), set "a"as the relationship between reality and FB member, x as the seat taken rate...
ax=30
a(1-x)x=17
then x=43.3%
Again... full of bias and inaccuracy..... just for fun...

Reactions: 2 users
Okey, 1st of all DO NOT take this seriously, it is jut for adding something to read rather than F5 ALL DAY.
Lets say 30 ppl in the FB group after 1st round, then now it is 47 after 2nd was out.
And assuming the declining rate is constant(which is not T_T ), set "a"as the relationship between reality and FB member, x as the seat taken rate...
ax=30
a(1-x)x=17
then x=43.3%
A lot of people dont have fb account

I recently got accepted by NYU, and I am deciding between these two schools..... The tuitions and fee for nyu is 80k higher than touro. But the cost of living and commute would be much cheaper if I go to NYU.

P.S I don't plan to take out loans for now. Which one should I choose ?

I recently got accepted by NYU, and I am deciding between these two schools..... The tuitions and fee for nyu is 80k higher than touro. But the cost of living and commute would be much cheaper if I go to NYU.

why do you ask here? they will say go to nyu because they want to get into touro lol

Reactions: 3 users

If you are asking this question, then you ve already made the choice =)

ps Congratz again!~

If you are asking this question, then you ve already made the choice =)

ps Congratz again!~
Thanks!!

This is actually not easy decision to make. The tuition difference is 20k per year. The overall cost of living for me would be much cheaper though.

Thanks!!

This is actually not easy decision to make. The tuition difference is 20k per year. The overall cost of living for me would be much cheaper though.
So finally when it comes to annual budget, the difference will be around 10k per year, 40k for the entire program I assume.
If you are more adaptive to NYC lifestyle, for sure the 40k debts can be ignored(especially as a future dentist). Additionally, low amount of loan will help to build your credit...
Again, in terms of money, those schools are the same to u, it just depends on which one you like better.

Thanks!!

The cheaper cost of living will balance out the difference in the tuition, but NYU has much better reputation which is a big plus.
So, I think go for NYU and leave the seat for one of the poor kids here :rolleyes:.

Reactions: 4 users
probably more than other dental schools and chance to get in next week is very slim.
I see your point of view but I say the next round acceptance is still going be pretty big.

Reactions: 1 users
ax=30
a(1-x)x=17
then x=43.3%
Lol you must have a lot of time on your hands. But logically I was thinking they didn't send out more rejections which to me think there's a lot of seats left hopefully lol. Remember there's 110 seats to fill them out you have to send out quite a few round of acceptances every dental school has too

Lol you must have a lot of time on your hands. But logically I was thinking they didn't send out more rejections which to me think there's a lot of seats left hopefully lol. Remember there's 110 seats to fill them out you have to send out quite a few round of acceptances every dental school has too
hopefully thats the case as u said…
I normally have 70 hrs working per week(2 jobs)
But my PI is writing grant these days… so the entire lab has nothing to do except counting cells or wiping bench =(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

The cheaper cost of living will balance out the difference in the tuition, but NYU has much better reputation which is a big plus.
So, I think go for NYU and leave the seat for one of the poor kids here :rolleyes:.
Rainy Day Tales probably posted this same question on NYU thread and regardless of what the choice is, some people will be very happy while others will be very sad....

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

If you go to NYU and I get accepted to Touro, I will write you a check for that cost difference in the future.... for sure.... sometimes in the future..... .......

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Go to NYU with army scholarship. Congrats!

Please guys if you have an offer somewhere else go there and leave Touro for those who don't have anything. Thanks

Reactions: 3 users
Please guys if you have an offer somewhere else go there and leave Touro for those who don't have anything. Thanks
So other people should have to endure possibly more debt?

Well, they want 500/pp for this, that should help defray some of the costs (kidding)

ImageUploadedBySDN1462560317.600740.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Anybody know by any chance how many seats are taken, I called and asked and they keep saying they don't know which confuses me lol

Anybody know by any chance how many seats are taken, I called and asked and they keep saying they don't know which confuses me lol
For my opinion, what they dont know is how many ppl will finally put the deposit in, cuz its still not the deadline yet for 2nd wave… and schools dont want to share their acceptance stats with students…especially the ones r waiting like us… for simple version, they dont know exact number but they know the approximate one…and they dont wanna let us know it…

For my opinion, what they dont know is how many ppl will finally put the deposit in, cuz its still not the deadline yet for 2nd wave… and schools dont want to share their acceptance stats with students…especially the ones r waiting like us… for simple version, they dont know exact number but they know the approximate one…and they dont wanna let us know it…

I agree with you completely!

wasn't the deposit due today for second wave?