Touro College of Dental Medicine - New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wasn't the deposit due today for second wave?
They have one week for deposit, but the 2nd wave received the email on last Tuesday…

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody has difficulty in paying deposit to Touro? Cannot find Touro dental school in the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
For the first wave acceptance, do u guys have 2nd deposit? If so, when is the deadline?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

W

where are you attending?
I'd like to thank you for dropping your seat and going to another dental school for Touro is soley for the students who don't have any other option

Touro is soley for the students who don't have any other option
That's obviously not the case seeing as how people accepted to Touro are giving up their seats to attend other schools.

I'd like to thank you for dropping your seat and going to another dental school for Touro is soley for the students who don't have any other option
Dude you keep making posts that if people get accepted to Touro and other schools, that they should drop their Touro seat so someone who didn't get in anywhere else can go to dental school.
I can tell you that if I was in that position, I would choose where I want to go, and other applicants would not be part of my considerations. If I wanted to go to Touro and drop my other seats, the other applicants who applied would not be part of my decision process.
Be patient, everything happens for a reason. If you don't get in this cycle, AADSAS opens up again in a few weeks.
Good luck.

Reactions: 4 users
Assuming no word today. It sucks having to wait it out during finals week

Acceptances shall be sent out tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just spoke with James and he said that the committee isn't sending out acceptances today. @fredent who told you there sending out acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user
I just spoke with James and he said that the committee isn't sending out acceptances today. @fredent who told you there sending out acceptances.
Thanks for sharing that. Did they tell you when they are going to do so?

All he said was that he hasn't heard anything from the committee. He seemed unsure of when.

I can confirm that acceptances won't be sent out today. Just spoke to Sam and she told me they are still waiting to hear back from the second wave students that got accepted. She said within the next couple of days more acceptances will be sent out only based on the number of students from the second wave who drop their seat.

I can confirm that acceptances won't be sent out today. Just spoke to Sam and she told me they are still waiting to hear back from the second wave students that got accepted. She said within the next couple of days more acceptances will be sent out only based on the number of students from the second wave who drop their seat.
My question is how many people are dropping their seats though. They don't give no information out about that

So they had more than a week for the deposit...
would it be same as the first wave who had 2 weeks?

So they had more than a week for the deposit...
would it be same as the first wave who had 2 weeks?
My friend who got in 2nf wave told me that he had only one week for deposit…

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Since its been a week and they are still waitng to hear means that those students don't want to go to Touro because they wouldve paid deposit by now. Acceptances shall be sent out end of this week or early next week although I belive Touro can afford to wait that long so probably be end of week

Since its been a week and they are still waitng to hear means that those students don't want to go to Touro because they wouldve paid deposit by now. Acceptances shall be sent out end of this week or early next week although I belive Touro can afford to wait that long so probably be end of week
Waitlisted

I got wl email too. I wonder how big is their wl, and if they still send out more acceptances

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Wait listed via email at 9:14 am

Last edited:
First post, and yep, I got a waitlist email, too. at 6:14 AM Pacific Time, or 9:14 AM ET

Can those who were waitlisted today please share their stats?

Waitlisted at 9:00 am, my god this is such an emotional roller-coaster. I may have heart failure by the next decision notice.

w/ everyone getting waitlisted, i wish i would have gotten waitlisted too.... some news is better then no news

No news might be a good news, it could be a possible acceptance.

No news might be a good news, it could be a possible acceptance.
I am trying to stay optimistic, but this could mean that they will accept the wait listed people based on the feedback they receive from the second wave... So there may be no other wave of acceptances.

They said they'll be sending "a couple more acceptances". Not sure when. Kind of a confusing conversation. But in terms of class capacity, they're almost full.

They said they'll be sending "a couple more acceptances". Not sure when. Kind of a confusing conversation. But in terms of class capacity, they're almost full.

Did you call and get that information?

We'll just have to wait for the 3rd wave to be over I guess. At this point, I'll assume that the waitlisted people are the 4th wave if anyone from the 3rd one dropped

cannot believe that the class is already full. Does anybody know when the second wave deposit due?

Mine just says "This message has no content" but I assume it's WL since it's the same time as you guys

That's quite a few people on the WL. Why do I have the suspicion that they just send out WL for all those they haven't accepted or rejected yet......?

I mean at this point, with a class almost full, they're probably not going to send out another wave of rejection. They'll probably just wait until all seats are filled and send a generic "We are no longer considering applicants" email to whomever are left.

I wasn't in the first, second, or even the wait list wave... Just wondering what that extra paragraph was all about....Just to make this process more difficult I guess...:(

That's quite a few people on the WL. Why do I have the suspicion that they just send out WL for all those they haven't accepted or rejected yet......?

I mean at this point, with a class almost full, they're probably not going to send out another wave of rejection. They'll probably just wait until all seats are filled and send a generic "We are no longer considering applicants" email to whomever are left.
That could be true...:(

cannot believe that the class is already full. Does anybody know when the second wave deposit due?

A lot of people who applied to touro were banking on touro exclusively (myself as well), so it's understandable that the withdrawal rate is low.
It being late in the cycle doens't help either because most schools have filled their seats and that means people holding touro seats will not give them up.

Reactions: 2 users
A lot of people who applied to touro were banking on touro exclusively (myself as well), so it's understandable that the withdrawal rate is low.
It being late in the cycle doens't help either because most schools have filled their seats and that means people holding touro seats will not give them up.
Bingo.:thumbup: