Touro DPT Bayshore/Manhattan

Started by jkaz1661
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jkaz1661

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody know whether Touro participates in an interview process?

Also just got my interview date at Stony Brook today, anybody know what kind of questions I can expect to be asked?

Happy New Year Everyone!
 
I don't know. Their deadline is really late though: May. I wonder why.

I really got to mail out this supplemental form. But I'm waiting on this one prerequisite grade I took in the Fall. I think I should have that grade before I send it so they know that I am only 1 prerequisite course away from completion not 2. But Touro recently emailed me telling me they need the supplemental material. I think I'll call them Monday if my grade still hasn't come in for Fall. They have my transcript though which has all my courses except the one I took this Fall and is more official than the supplemental form so I hope it's not a big deal that I still haven't sent it yet.

Edit: Jeez! this problem could have been solved with my knowledge to put the course on my application as a planned course. I wonder if I do it now, even though my grade should be coming soon would it matter. Regardless now that I hear acceptances are going out I have to get this supplemental form sent tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
They do not have interviews. I just go accepted 2 weeks ago and didn't have to go through an interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got this letter today from Touro College:

"Thank you again for your application to Touro College’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. In order to make your application more competitive it is suggested that you retake the GRE’s and update the office of admissions as soon as a new GRE score report is available (school code: 7595).

Once we receive the new official GRE score report from PTCAS we will contact you regarding the status of your application. Keep in mind that the Touro DPT program admits students on a rolling basis and may fill prior to posted deadline dates."

So I really need to focus on retaking this GRE. This school is pretty affordable and it is commuting distance from where I currently live. So I really need to do what I have to to get in to this school. I hope this letter means that my GRE is the only thing holding me back. Going to retake the GRE soon, got to study. Hope I'm ready on time even though they have a May deadline, they may fill up seats before then. Still have to try.
 
Do not go to Touro. I chose Touro because it was the least expensive of my options and it was the biggest mistake of my life. My class started with 34 people and in our 5th semester we are down to 26. They failed almost 25% of the class out by the end of 4th semester. With 1 exception, the staff could not care less about the students. Instead of helping you to succeed they try their hardest every semester to 'weed people out'. Everything is a disorganized mess, which makes succeeding that much harder and the quality of the education in most of the classes is terrible. No one gets the clinical placements they want and the professors are constantly leaving or being fired. Honestly the program is a complete scam. Please invest in a better program, you will not regret it.
 
Hi, thanks for sharing. I was wondering what your GRE scores were like and whether or not you got accepted as I too received a similar email.

I got a 149V 148Q and have a 3.0 GPA with over 1000 hours of experience (inpatient and outpatient)