You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro (Manhattan) 2020-2021
Started by sunflowerbutterx
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you heard back from Touro?Has anyone heard back from Touro in New York yet?
They have a break down of costs here, but not totaled:Anyone have any idea what the tuition is for all three years? Cannot find it online.
Tuition | DPT
We work hard to keep our tuition affordable and a DPT degree within reach. Our financial aid counselors are available to go over your financial aid options.
I just received an acceptance letter 20 mins ago from Touro via email. I’m so relieved to have heard back from one of the schools, I was starting to get worried about not being accepted anywhere.
Does anyone know if touro has any info sessions?
Does anyone know if touro has any info sessions?
I received an acceptance today as well! They had an info session in October.I just received an acceptance letter 20 mins ago from Touro via email. I’m so relieved to have heard back from one of the schools, I was starting to get worried about not being accepted anywhere.
Does anyone know if touro has any info sessions?
I used $1,325 per credit and multiplied by total program credits (121.5) to get a final tuition of $160,987.50 dollars. With out the interest. That is more than NYU and Columbia and I thought those two programs tuitions were pretty high as is.They have a break down of costs here, but not totaled:
![]()
Tuition | DPT
We work hard to keep our tuition affordable and a DPT degree within reach. Our financial aid counselors are available to go over your financial aid options.shs.touro.edu
They bill 6 semesters only, so $17,250*6= $103,500 would be the final tuition.I used $1,325 per credit and multiplied by total program credits (121.5) to get a final tuition of $160,987.50 dollars. With out the interest. That is more than NYU and Columbia and I thought those two programs tuitions were pretty high as is.
You're welcome. I did not know about it before attending their information session either.Oh really!? Thank you for the clarification. I will reread that and look for where it says that
Oh wow I didn’t realize. And congrats!I received an acceptance today as well! They had an info session in October.
How is the relationship between students and faculty? And do students choose their clinical sites?
Definitely regret not doing the info session. Would you mind sharing some info/thoughts you had? Like pros/cons etc? Is anyone for sure planning on attending?I received an acceptance today as well! They had an info session in October.
I heard good things about the program from someone who’s in it now. Small class size, adapting well with covid, labs are still in session, and it’s also not as expensive as other programs in NYC.Definitely regret not doing the info session. Would you mind sharing some info/thoughts you had? Like pros/cons etc? Is anyone for sure planning on attending?
I’m waiting for upcoming interviews and responses from other schools before making a decision. I’m so glad Touro’s deposit deadline is in January. I hear others are only 2 weeks from acceptance, which is absurd.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sun-Thu schedule. School closes on Jewish holidays.Definitely regret not doing the info session. Would you mind sharing some info/thoughts you had? Like pros/cons etc? Is anyone for sure planning on attending?
Pros:
- Affordable tuition (cheapest private school in NY)
- Small class size
- Full-time faculty are current practitioners with diverse specialties
- Cooperative environment among classmates
- Proactive faculty. Current students said that it's easy to communicate with faculty.
- Location
Cons:
- No cadaver lab(manhattan)
- You might have to take classes on Sunday (They explained that it is rare though)
- 90% graduation rate in 2019
- Small campus
I think I will attend Touro unless I get into a cheaper program.
The students at the info sessions said it is really easy to access faculty and communicate with them. As far as I remember the school tries to accommodate students' preferences for their clinical sites.Oh wow I didn’t realize. And congrats!
How is the relationship between students and faculty? And do students choose their clinical sites?
Great! Thank you so much! I will most likely be attending as well. Super excited!Sun-Thu schedule. School closes on Jewish holidays.
Pros:
- Affordable tuition (cheapest private school in NY)
- Small class size
- Full-time faculty are current practitioners with diverse specialties
- Cooperative environment among classmates
- Proactive faculty. Current students said that it's easy to communicate with faculty.
- Location
Cons:
- No cadaver lab(manhattan)
- You might have to take classes on Sunday (They explained that it is rare though)
- 90% graduation rate in 2019
- Small campus
I think I will attend Touro unless I get into a cheaper program.
I haven’t put a deposit yet but I will be attending the info session.Has anyone put their deposit down and planning to attend the info session tonight?
Futuredptsherry
New Member
Hi all! I started a facebook group for anyone interested. Just look up Touro Manhattan DPT 2024