touro- nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

layne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone out there tell me a bit about this school? any pics? the website is terrible... anything would help. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

layne said:
can anyone out there tell me a bit about this school? any pics? the website is terrible... anything would help. thanks.
I know the expect a couple grand right after acceptance and their tuition + books etc aproaches 40K. :scared:

layne said:

Pictures don't do my school justice... just come on over and take a tour and hang out in Henderson/Vegas for a weekend to get a real feel for what it would be like to live out here...

Brian

NVAnatomyLab_001.sized.jpg

NVAnatLabObserve_001.sized.jpg

NVLecture1.sized.jpg

NVLecture2.sized.jpg

NVLibrary.sized.jpg

NVOMM.sized.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that looks hi-tech to me. Are they one of the newer schools? If so, would that pose a problem for clinicals?

Blair Book said:
Wow, that looks hi-tech to me. Are they one of the newer schools? If so, would that pose a problem for clinicals?
They are but a few years young, but affiliated with a Cal campus that has been around a long time.
Looking at their pics, while it's nice, I can't say that they are more techey than some of the other "private" schools I've visited, but I will say that they are less advanced than some.
Similar to KCUMB, but not as advanced as either LECOM fyi.

I interviewed at the LECOM schools and I attend TUCOM-NV. We are wireless all over the school, have a top-notch air quality system in the anatomy lab, and a comfortable non-threatening, no dress code or attendance policy. It is just as high level of technology here than anywhere I went and visited and a lot more "like home" feeling within the school. As someone mentioned before, come check us out.

The no dress code is appealing.

It's funny how the TUCOM-NV students all say "come check us out." I guess they know when a potential student sees the strip, the school won't even have to sell itself.:) Any more info you TUCOM-NV people can give about the school (I'm fed up with their website)?

J-Smitty

Sorry the public web site sucks, wish you had a chance to see the internal web site its great!

www.tunv.org

As for the strip being a selling feature for our school? I never go there, just because I live in Vegas doesn't mean I have to be a tourist. We are about to unveil our second phase of the building, I have taken a peek and its amazing. MERIN is another great feature of our building, but don't take my word for it... come check us out!

www.merinv.org

-B

jsmittyund03 said:
It's funny how the TUCOM-NV students all say "come check us out." I guess they know when a potential student sees the strip, the school won't even have to sell itself.:) Any more info you TUCOM-NV people can give about the school (I'm fed up with their website)?

J-Smitty
we really are kinda removed from the strip. you spend so much time studying at school/home/coffee shop, that the strip isn't as apparent of a distraction as you would think. clubbing is fun there, but it becomes just like going out in any other city (just a bit more crazy on certain weekends). you find your fav spots, and stick to em.

more about the school though. the people was probably the biggest selling point for me. everyone is super supportive and nice. the students help each other out: on our class of 2009 internal website, there is a study guide section where students can upload study guides they made so the rest of the class has access to them. and, there is no lack of activity there. people are constantly uploading study guides to help each other. also, the class of 08 is always here for us. they answer questions about the school, the city, anything that we need, they are there. for example, after our first block exam week was the week before theirs. even though it was the friday before their hell week of tests, they still came to us in lecture and announced that if we went out and needed a ride home, to not hesitate to call them. that it didn't matter if they lost 1 hr of study time, as long as we were all going to get home safe. that kind of supportive nature is amazing. you really don't understand how important the support is until you are here in school.

also, the faculty is totally accessible. they all have open door policies, and are always more than willing to help you. they are also very responsive to our concerns as a class.

another thing i liked was the newness of the school. we as new students have so much input on the school's future. the faculty are very very open to suggestions from each student. for example, at the beginning of the yr, our lecture halls and study rooms didn't have any trash cans in them. the study rooms started to get messy, as people started leaving some trash there. and i would have to walk to the atrium to throw some trash away. it wasn't really that big of a deal, but it was still annoying. i saw the VP of student affairs walking in the hallways, and i stopped him and told him that a bunch of us were hoping for trashcans b/c the state of the study rooms were deteriorating. im sure a few other people mentioned things to him as well, but the next day, every study room, and lecture room had trashcans. yeah sure it was an easy thing to do, but the speed with which the school responded impressed me.

there are many more reasons why i like touro...this is just the beginning of the list. i can tell you this much though, i don't regret my choice of picking tunv at all. im very happy here.

feel free to pm me with any questions :D