Touro Nevada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikneiah

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
What do you know about Touro-NV? Give me good, give me bad, but let it all be constructive. I have a late interview there and want to learn all I can.

Thanks much!

Members don't see this ad.

don't eat the food, it's muy gross! :barf: $100 dollars for the secondary and quite possibly the worst food. But that is not really related to the quality of education, only where they prioritize my $100 :rolleyes:

Touro is awesome. The MERIN (medical education research institute of Nevada) place kicks ass. The dean Dr. Formen is going to make that school one of the best. The students are really cool and enthused about the school. I got 5 interviews and chose Touro-NV by far over

LECOM-PA
LECOM-FL
West Virginia
Western UCOMP

I think that this is going to be one of the top med schools in 10 yrs. The anatomy lab is state of the art and huge. The rotations are done mostly at University Medical Center in Las Vegas which is a huge Level 1 trauma center that is opening up "internal" residencies where Touro-NV students are given preference.. I am psyched about the school. It has the exact same cirriculum as Touro-MI and Touro-MI has a very very impressive match list.

I agree with above poster... about the school really going somewhere... not the food one.... I was really impressed when I went to interview there. For only being open a couple years, I don't think they can be doing any better. People are super nice, students seemed very happy (even though they had a block of 10-15 tests the upcoming week!). The Las Vegas area has accepted them very well, which is important for clinicals and residency and all that. As someone posted, the MERIN research institute is pretty impressive and will help get the Touro-LV out there. If I didn't get into my top choice, I would have definitely commited there.