Touro NV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SSSPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here back from Touro NV PT? I was told to wait 4 weeks before a final decision was made. They received my secondary the first week of August so I'm a little worried.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the exact same boat. They told me 4 weeks at the beginning of august. I did speak with them 9/18 and they told me they would be sending out emails last week, that didn't happen so I am sure it will be soon.

I was told on September 16th that I should hear back within 4 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thanks ataystrz, that puts my mind a little at ease. And Kuhdaytee is that when they recieved your secondary or did you send it earlier and talk to them on the 16th?

I esubmitted on August 9th, got the supplemental email on the 28th and probably filled it out the next day, and then I got that final email on Sep 16th that said I would hear back in 4 weeks.

Hey guys!

I am currently a DPT '17 at TUN right now. Let me know if you guys have any questions. I hope you hear from them soon :D

@1027453812 How do you like the program and the professors? I got my acceptance letter today so I am excited and would love to hear more about the program from a current student point of view. Thank you

@FTZ: Feel free to privately message me and I will go ahead and answer any other additional questions you may have through my school e-mail.

I have yet to engage with all the professors here on campus in a formal classroom setting, but all of them are great. It is always important (in any academic setting) to adapt your learning style to each instructor's teaching style. I have professors that require supplemental reading on the textbook whereas others provide powerpoints and resources that can stand on their own. All professors have an open door policy and are on campus all day.

The things that I do like about this school is their tutoring system. I am unsure as to how other programs utilize their resources, but the tutors on campus are upperclassmen. These student tutors not only understand the problems you went through, but they are easily accessible and this is another great way to network and get comfortable with the upperclassmen. Students can apply to be a tutor for a particular class on the grounds that they score a minimum of a B in the class of choice.

If you have questions about Henderson as a city, let me know.

A Facebook page has also been open for students accepted to the PT program.

Cheers

@1027453812 How do you like the program and the professors? I got my acceptance letter today so I am excited and would love to hear more about the program from a current student point of view. Thank you

Did they mail or email you your letter?

Did they mail or email you your letter?

Email with a letter to follow. I emailed Mr. Wilson earlier because it has been 1 week tomorrow and the packet has not arrived.

For those who already got accepted into the TUN program. How much time did they give you to turn in your deposit?

I was emailed my acceptance, and it said I should get a letter soon with more details. I emailed back to decline acceptance, and the person who sent the email was on holiday and hasn't replied since.

I wish I had answers for you, but it sounds like Touro is either really busy or really unorganized right now.

Finally got a reply today. Officially declined, so hopefully one of you guys get a spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so elated that I finally get to post on here.. I am a non-trad and this is my third application cycle.

Major: Exercise Science w/ concentration in Aquatic Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.09
Pre-Req GPA: 3.19
GRE: 149 V, 151 Q, 4.0 AW

Extra-Curric: Aquatic Therapy, Meals on Wheels, Exercise Physiology Club, Personal Trainer, CDC wellness center volunteer, worked throughout undergrad as well.

Volunteer: 6300 hours as a PT Tech in 3 different sites (2 outpatient, one hospital), 115 volunteer inpatient hours

Applied: UMES, Nova SE, UNE, Touro University Nevada, Pacific University, AT Still, Western U

Acceptances: Touro University Nevada!!

Reactions: 1 user
how long did it take for yall to receive the secondary apps? the mailing date on ptcas was october 21 and have already received the secondary apps for 2 schools but not this one yet.. thanks!

I got wait listed... super confused. But I turned down the offer anyway. Makes me wonder what exactly they are looking for in an applicant.

I got my acceptance email last week and the letter came today. I submitted my app late July.

I received my "4 week" email on Oct.1 and am still waiting to hear back. Hopefully any day now!

I am wait listed at TUN as well. I called Mr. Wilson and he said they sent out all of the acceptances they can right now. He said to give him a call in december when the wait list is more finalized and he could tell me if I was the bottom/middle or top third of the wait list. =(

I am wait listed at TUN as well. I called Mr. Wilson and he said they sent out all of the acceptances they can right now. He said to give him a call in december when the wait list is more finalized and he could tell me if I was the bottom/middle or top third of the wait list. =(

Did he say he would be sending out an email as well? When did you submit your supplemental app?

Did he say he would be sending out an email as well? When did you submit your supplemental app?

I received an email 9/15 saying my supplemental app was received and my application was going to be reviewed. On 10/23 I received another email saying I was wait listed

I got the email after submitting my supplemental application on Sep 16, and I have yet to hear anything since. It has been almost 8 weeks. I'm worried that I may have deleted the email. or something. Has anyone else had to wait this long? Should I contact the admissions office and inquire?

Update:
Got my rejection email today. That makes 5 rejections out of 9 schools.

Last edited:
I got the email after submitting my supplemental application on Sep 16, and I have yet to hear anything since. It has been almost 8 weeks. I'm worried that I may have deleted the email. or something. Has anyone else had to wait this long? Should I contact the admissions office and inquire?

I emailed admissions and got a generic email saying my application has been received and is still being reviewed. I think their average response time is 8 weeks, not 4 weeks... so don't worry!

i'm confused -- does TouroNV do interviews or not?
They don't do interviews. They review your file and if they like you they put you into the "second round" and then choose people from there; acceptance, waitlist, or denial.

So what does that mean for those of us who only received the supplemental application confirmation email? I received mine 12/24

On Dec.12 I received this message:

"Please anticipate four weeks for the faculty review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision."

It has been seven weeks.

On Dec.12 I received this message:

"Please anticipate four weeks for the faculty review process prior to receiving official notification of your admissions decision."

It has been seven weeks.

I applied pretty early for this program and was accepted, but I still waited ~12 weeks after I received that email before I was notified. I just rescinded my acceptance, so hopefully that slot opens up for you.

I am still waiting to hear back... It's almost 8 weeks now... I'm getting nervous I am not in... :(

It's been 9 weeks since they acknowledged receiving my supplementary app. I emailed Wilson about it last week, and he said "we received more applications than we anticipated" and "the committee will be getting to your application shortly." *Sighs*

Last edited:
It's been 9 weeks since they acknowledged receiving my supplementary app. I emailed Wilson about it last week, and he said "we received more applications than we anticipated" and "the committee will be getting to your application shortly." *Sighs*

I received the same email on Dec 4 and have not yet heard back either! I called Mr. Wilson and he said they are running behind and should receive an email in about two weeks.

got this email today:

Hello,

I am attempting to determine if you are still interested in the Touro University Nevada Doctor of Physical Therapy program. You are currently on our wait list. We will be filling positions in the next few weeks. In order to make the process as efficient as possible, I am attempting to find out if you would still consider attending Touro University Nevada.

I ask that you reply to this email to let me know if you are either still interested in attending or no longer interested in being considered.

Thank you,

Michael W. Wilson, Admissions Counselor

got this email today:

Hello,

I am attempting to determine if you are still interested in the Touro University Nevada Doctor of Physical Therapy program. You are currently on our wait list. We will be filling positions in the next few weeks. In order to make the process as efficient as possible, I am attempting to find out if you would still consider attending Touro University Nevada.

I ask that you reply to this email to let me know if you are either still interested in attending or no longer interested in being considered.

Thank you,

Michael W. Wilson, Admissions Counselor

Incredible. And it's been like 15 weeks since they've told me they've received my supplemental application. No word on waitlisted/rejected...yet...

I got an email from Mr. Wilson today that said I was placed on the wait list.

I have been put on a waitlist as well, couple months ago--has anyone heard back from them by any chance??

A friend of mine just got accepted off the waitlist on Tuesday so there has been some movement.

I just got accepted into Touro NV. Is anyone looking for a last minute male, 25, roommate? I'm from Los Angeles, CA, clean, laidback, non-smoker, no pets. PM me please.

I tried to get added to the group 2 weeks ago and my request to join is still pending. Is there anyway you could ask for someone to accept me?

Sent an email to the coordinator. Hopefully He will check it soon!

Thank you! I appreciate it. I was just accepted

hey i was just recently accepted as well! has anyone bought textbooks and equipment already?

hey i was just recently accepted as well! has anyone bought textbooks and equipment already?

Yes, I have purchased everything from the list that they emailed through amazon! I highly suggest purchasing everything from amazon or some other source, because you can save a couple hundred bucks.