Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Which would you choose?

I only applied to NYIT because it was near NYC haha. I didn't realize there was an actual DO school IN NYC, though. I think I'd rather live in the heart of NYC than Long Island.

I don't know, though...what do you guys think?

Also, aside from location, what are some other comparisons between the 2 schools?

OP
rocketbooster

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Some people won't know what you're talking about.

NYIT = NYCOM
oh, maybe that's why i couldn't find any older theads under search haha.

anyways, yeah...Touro NY vs. NYCOM. anyone? what do you think Choc Bear?

Chocolate Bear

Moderizzle Fo'Shizzle!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 7, 2008
The Only Place I Wanna Be
Status
Well, I'm no expert on those schools, but I like NYCOM because of its age and how established its program is.

Touro has an urban mission, so keep that in mind. It's also super new, so you have the same potential "ironing-out" issues that you would with any brand new school.

Again, I'm no expert on these two, though.

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I'd pick NYCOM. Touro has up to the 3rd year of students. If you're applying this cycle then I'd pick NYCOM over Touro simply for the fact that NYCOM's rotation sites have been tested whereas Touro's haven't.

OP
rocketbooster

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2008
Status
Medical Student
I'd pick NYCOM. Touro has up to the 3rd year of students. If you're applying this cycle then I'd pick NYCOM over Touro simply for the fact that NYCOM's rotation sites have been tested whereas Touro's haven't.
omg I read in another thread that St. George has first rights to all the NYC city-owned hospitals for rotations. wtf kind of bs is that!!!!!

wouldn't this be an issue for NYCOM, too? or...are NYCOM's rotations in Long Island? this definitley has to affect Touro for sure, though, since it IS located in NYC.

Semicolon

OMS II
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2008
NYC
Status
Medical Student
omg I read in another thread that St. George has first rights to all the NYC city-owned hospitals for rotations. wtf kind of bs is that!!!!!

wouldn't this be an issue for NYCOM, too? or...are NYCOM's rotations in Long Island? this definitley has to affect Touro for sure, though, since it IS located in NYC.
NYCOM has an extensive and established list of affiliated hospitals and medical centers located both in the city and in LI (together it's called NYCOMEC - NYCOM Educational Consortium; you can take a look at that online). NYCOM is only about an hour away from the city, and plenty of students even choose to commute from the city to school everyday.

JanikeyDoc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2009
Status
The Touro application fee is $200 dollars, that is a lot of dough.

I think all new schools will have "ironing out" issues, but really think about the alternative, foreign medical schools are a lot more dodgier. I actually know a few people who went overseas and did not get residencies. That is downright frightening, to have 300k in debt and no job.

Last edited:

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=582199

ummm that thread SCARES me. Touro NY sounds TERRIBLE. yikes, definitely not forking over even an application fee to them unless I can find out good things about the school.
Yeah, that thread doesn't look too enticing. I'd say if you're not sure about the school, don't apply to it. I wonder if they'll let you visit and tour around if you're in the area? That way, you might be able to find some current students there and ask them questions.

Longshanks

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
New York
Status
Medical Student
NYCOM also puts up impressive match lists year in and year out, as well as being established for getting into very good residencies in NYC (at least in terms of IM and EM).

PunkmedGirl

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
My vote would be for NYCOM because of the same reasons stated above.

DrEnderW

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2012
Rishi Maze
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Disregard anything prior to todays date when you bumped this thread.

Now that a few classes have graduated, things are very different. Touro is established now and last years match list was strong (as were others). Rotations for both schools are not in Manhattan, for the most part. Many of Touro's are in NJ, just across the river.

I can't speak to NYIT as I wanted to be in Manhattan and not in LI.

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok so a couple things. That "scary" thread was started in 2008. Touro didn't even graduate a class yet. It is a brand new DO school. I will compare the two schools from what I know. If you can add anything please do.

[U]NYIT[/U]

Pros
-Established school with a name
-Some solid rotation sites
-Cheaper cost of living than NYC
-Good Match lists

Cons
-Expensive
-Have to get a car
-Long Island sucks(I grew up down the street from NYCOM) Commuting from the city would be a terrible idea unless you like traveling for over an hour sometimes.
-Administration does nothing for the students and does more harm than good. You should search some recent horror stories regarding this on SDN.

Summary
I feel that NYIT-COM is a very overrate school with the only thing that people can back it with is good match lists. In my opinion, choosing a DO school for a match list is ******ed because that is based mainly on personal performance. All it is saying is that the schools admissions department is doing a good job at finding solid students. They do offer better rotation sites at the moment than Touro.

Touro-NY

Pros
-In NYC: This alone will open many doors for the students. It also makes it a very desirable location for many students thus driving up competition. As a result, Touro can be more selective. I think this alone will quickly drive its status to a "top" DO school. I say "top" in quotations because there are no rankings for DO schools...it's all based on personal preference. Also, NYC is awesome.
-New facilities
-Cheaper than NYIT-COM by 8k

Cons
-New school: not as good rotation sites as NYIT-COM

I know many students currently at both of these schools and reviews have been overwhelmingly negative from NYIT-COM and the complete opposite from Touro...mainly because of the administration and the way things at run at NYIT-COM are horrible.

Anicetus

5+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Ok so a couple things. That "scary" thread was started in 2008. Touro didn't even graduate a class yet. It is a brand new DO school. I will compare the two schools from what I know. If you can add anything please do.

[U]NYIT[/U]

Pros
-Established school with a name
-Some solid rotation sites
-Cheaper cost of living than NYC
-Good Match lists

Cons
-Expensive
-Have to get a car
-Long Island sucks(I grew up down the street from NYCOM) Commuting from the city would be a terrible idea unless you like traveling for over an hour sometimes.
-Administration does nothing for the students and does more harm than good. You should search some recent horror stories regarding this on SDN.

Summary
I feel that NYIT-COM is a very overrate school with the only thing that people can back it with is good match lists. In my opinion, choosing a DO school for a match list is ******ed because that is based mainly on personal performance. All it is saying is that the schools admissions department is doing a good job at finding solid students. They do offer better rotation sites at the moment than Touro.

Touro-NY

Pros
-In NYC: This alone will open many doors for the students. It also makes it a very desirable location for many students thus driving up competition. As a result, Touro can be more selective. I think this alone will quickly drive its status to a "top" DO school. I say "top" in quotations because there are no rankings for DO schools...it's all based on personal preference. Also, NYC is awesome.
-New facilities
-Cheaper than NYIT-COM by 8k

Cons
-New school: not as good rotation sites as NYIT-COM

I know many students currently at both of these schools and reviews have been overwhelmingly negative from NYIT-COM and the complete opposite from Touro...mainly because of the administration and the way things at run at NYIT-COM are horrible.

Many students consider the fact that it is unofficially one of the ugliest campuses in the nation a con for Touro as well. I may not speak for them though since I am interested in attending here.

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Many students consider the fact that it is unofficially one of the ugliest campuses in the nation a con for Touro as well. I may not speak for them though since I am interested in attending here.
The building is hideous from the outside..but you only go when you have class and then have NYC as your "campus." As opposed to NYIT-COM..most students live in Glen Cove(**** hole)
Or other surrounding towns that suck. And the NYIT campus isn't anything spectacular. It is just tons of trees and surrounded by mansions.

DrEnderW

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2012
Rishi Maze
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It's not really a campus. If you're turned off at all by NYC and the Harlem area it may not be for you. As the above poster said, Manhattan is really your campus. It's not a hang out at school and relax on the lawn kind of school - which is very exciting in a way and gives you great exposure to medicine in a major city. There's a lot of community outreach and it's important you show interest in the Harlem area, underserved communities, etc. The school is located in the heart of this.

Again as the above poster said, the inside of the buildings are brand new and very nice. I was extremely impressed with the facilities inside - even more so than CCOM (a campus feel) and some of the MD schools in the area (I do research at one and attended interviews at others).

Personally, I would choose Touro over NYIT because of the upside of being right in Manhattan. The research network and contacts I've made by being in the city so far will be vastly more rewarding than I could have obtained in probably any other city or DO school and I haven't even started M1 yet. This doesn't even touch on the personal experience of being in NYC or working with a medically underserved community.

Current students will have to weigh in about rotations and residency placement.

NYEMMED

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
NYCOM by far is the better choice if you have one. Just from a preparation standpoint NYCOM students do very well both on boards and on matches. NYCOM always has a strong match list because the students do very well. Long Island is overpopulated however I couldn't live in a city anyway. (Harlem isnt anything to cheer over)NYCOM has a lot of rotations at good hospitals all over LI, NY, NJ, PA, CT and upstate so that students can virtually plan to go anywhere they want.
Also from a preparation standpoint touro students just don't meet the same level on average, some are good, a lot are really bad. I also say this from a residents perspective in evaluating and teaching medical students, I usually find myself frustrated with touro students. Not a bad school it is decent but if you had the choice NYCOM will get you further as of right now. (And the stigma of touro still hasn't cleared up among the area)

As far as NYCOM administration it has changed significantly, they got a new dean ( who students love) and replaced a lot of the administration. In all that aspect has cleared up.

Feb 19, 2010
Status
NYCOM by far is the better choice if you have one. Just from a preparation standpoint NYCOM students do very well both on boards and on matches. NYCOM always has a strong match list because the students do very well. Long Island is overpopulated however I couldn't live in a city anyway. (Harlem isnt anything to cheer over)NYCOM has a lot of rotations at good hospitals all over LI, NY, NJ, PA, CT and upstate so that students can virtually plan to go anywhere they want.
Also from a preparation standpoint touro students just don't meet the same level on average, some are good, a lot are really bad. I also say this from a residents perspective in evaluating and teaching medical students, I usually find myself frustrated with touro students. Not a bad school it is decent but if you had the choice NYCOM will get you further as of right now. (And the stigma of touro still hasn't cleared up among the area)

As far as NYCOM administration it has changed significantly, they got a new dean ( who students love) and replaced a lot of the administration. In all that aspect has cleared up.
A few people have told me the attrition rate is very high at NYCOM. Apparently 40-50 people total leave per graduating class. Also that tests are weed-out and if it wasn't for access to old exams by previous students to new students, many would've performed poorly. What lectures cover apparently is not representative of what material gets asked on exams, and apparently the questions tend to be far out too.

Lastly, in current news by an MS3, NYCOM has lost their major rotation hospital NorthShore, ever since Northshore created their own MD school. To top it all off, according to the direct administration of Northshore, they are no longer accepting DO applications to their residencies....

NYEMMED

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
A few people have told me the attrition rate is very high at NYCOM. Apparently 40-50 people total leave per graduating class. Also that tests are weed-out and if it wasn't for access to old exams by previous students to new students, many would've performed poorly. What lectures cover apparently is not representative of what material gets asked on exams, and apparently the questions tend to be far out too.

Lastly, in current news by an MS3, NYCOM has lost their major rotation hospital NorthShore, ever since Northshore created their own MD school. To top it all off, according to the direct administration of Northshore, they are no longer accepting DO applications to their residencies....
Its not that bad, that is a bit of an exaggeration. Dont forget 10 students become scholars and automatically leave their class voluntarily. NYCOM also accepts 320 so the attrition ratio might be the same but the numbers will obviously be higher. The only class to have this problem was the class of 2014-2015 because NYCOM tried an experiment with the help of a million dollar grant from the government to accept ironically 40 people who did not have the acceptance criteria.

NYCOM is a very hard school, and will kick you out if you fail two classes, but realistically if you failed two classes should you be there?

NYCOM lost Northshore because they opened their own medical school the northshore LIJ/ Hofstra school of medicine. Its one of 25+ hospitals that they still have. Its also not a big loss as they only took 2-3 students per rotation anyway, it is a minor loss. Lastly nobody knows what Northshore will do with residency, they might accept their own at a high rate to show a good match their first time, or it might stay status quo. (NYCOM this year did fill 5 out of 6 Northshore neurology spots.) Even if they decide not to take DOs how exactly would that hurt NYCOM? Most of NYCOMs matches were not at Northshore in the first place.

As far as rotations was it not Touro that lost its NYC rotations? Is it not Touro that has a severe shortage of rotations? Was it not Touro that had to beg and pay to join NYCOMEC for NYCOMs left over rotations?

In all every school has downsides and upsides you must know them all when you apply, however in the Touro- NY vs NYCOM arena NYCOM will give you a much better match, and chance at specialties. (compare the match lists this year if you dont believe it.)

Last edited:

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
Its not that bad, that is a bit of an exaggeration. Dont forget 10 students become scholars and automatically leave their class voluntarily. NYCOM also accepts 320 so the attrition ratio might be the same but the numbers will obviously be higher. The only class to have this problem was the class of 2014-2015 because NYCOM tried an experiment with the help of a million dollar grant from the government to accept ironically 40 people who did not have the acceptance criteria.

NYCOM is a very hard school, and will kick you out if you fail two classes, but realistically if you failed two classes should you be there?

NYCOM lost Northshore because they opened their own medical school the northshore LIJ/ Hofstra school of medicine. Its one of 25+ hospitals that they still have. Its also not a big loss as they only took 2-3 students per rotation anyway, it is a minor loss. Lastly nobody knows what Northshore will do with residency, they might accept their own at a high rate to show a good match their first time, or it might stay status quo. (NYCOM this year did fill 5 out of 6 Northshore neurology spots.) Even if they decide not to take DOs how exactly would that hurt NYCOM? Most of NYCOMs matches were not at Northshore in the first place.

As far as rotations was it not Touro that lost its NYC rotations? Is it not Touro that has a severe shortage of rotations? Was it not Touro that had to beg and pay to join NYCOMEC for NYCOMs left over rotations?

In all every school has downsides and upsides you must know them all when you apply, however in the Touro- NY vs NYCOM arena NYCOM will give you a must better match, and chance at specialties. (compare the match lists this year if you dont believe it.)
The thing about Touro is it's potential from being im NYC. Touro has graduated so few classes but they are already getting pretty good. In 4 years it will be way better too. NYIT-COM seems to be on a downwardtrend.

NYEMMED

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The thing about Touro is it's potential from being im NYC. Touro has graduated so few classes but they are already getting pretty good. In 4 years it will be way better too. NYIT-COM seems to be on a downwardtrend.
Potential dosent get you a residency, reputation and connections such as NYCOMEC does.

I really do not care about which school is better, I have no bone in this anymore. However if you want a good match, or a competitive specialty Touro-NY is not on par with NYCOM for that yet. Maybe in a few years but if you have the choice now why take the risk?

Feb 19, 2010
Status
Potential dosent get you a residency, reputation and connections such as NYCOMEC does.

I really do not care about which school is better, I have no bone in this anymore. However if you want a good match, or a competitive specialty Touro-NY is not on par with NYCOM for that yet. Maybe in a few years but if you have the choice now why take the risk?
How does one go about surviving NYCOM if the exams are allegedly unfair and hell? What did you do to make you successful?

Last edited:

cliquesh

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Nycom is probably the better school, at least currently.

NYEMMED

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How does one go about surviving NYCOM if the exams are allegedly unfair and hell? What did you do to make you successful?
They arent unfair. If it was the majority wouldnt pass. You just need to study really hard, Some people just cant hack it with the difficulty. The class average is usually upper 70s and 80s. So obviously the ones who dont pass are not doing as well as the rest of the class as the class average itself is well above passing.

Feb 19, 2010
Status
They arent unfair. If it was the majority wouldnt pass. You just need to study really hard, Some people just cant hack it with the difficulty. The class average is usually upper 70s and 80s. So obviously the ones who dont pass are not doing as well as the rest of the class as the class average itself is well above passing.
Do you feel that NYCOM's difficulty is above-normal?

I'm also trying to find the NYCOM match lists but I can't find it anywhere

NYEMMED

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Do you feel that NYCOM's difficulty is above-normal?

I'm also trying to find the NYCOM match lists but I can't find it anywhere
Ive never tried any other school so I wouldnt know, but, to be honest Ive never had a hard time. I also never scored below an 80 and never was at risk of failing. Almost everyone I knew who attended class also never failed.

Match list was posted here by somebody in the 2013 class on page 9...
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=983661&page=9

Back 5

10+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2009
Status
Higher tuition for NYCOM vs Touro as well as a strong instate bias correct? Applying OOS would lead me to believe Touro would be the better option.

If you have a student with the drive to succeed, does the school play that much of a roll in landing the residency of your choice?

Dec 24, 2010
Purrrr
Status
Pre-Medical
Higher tuition for NYCOM vs Touro as well as a strong instate bias correct? Applying OOS would lead me to believe Touro would be the better option.

If you have a student with the drive to succeed, does the school play that much of a roll in landing the residency of your choice?
Couldn't say it better!

NYDOC112

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2009
Status

NYCOM is still by far the better school, touro still dosent have a good reputation in NY.

Slightly higher tuition (8000) vs higher cost of living in NYC, so the cost balances out.

Yes the school can help you achieve that potential you hold. For instance nycoms wide rotation network will lead to better training and ease of auditioning. Not to mention if you are trained better you will impress more people vs having a bias against you because of your school, so yes the school matters for residency to an extent. Schools with good reputation has good connections etc, it just makes it easier.

Touro students on rotations are shaky and have a hard time impressing programs. Not all, some are good, but that seems to be the trend with that school

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2010
Status
NYCOM is still by far the better school, touro still dosent have a good reputation in NY.

Slightly higher tuition (8000) vs higher cost of living in NYC, so the cost balances out.

Touro students on rotations are shaky and have a hard time impressing programs. Not all, some are good, but that seems to be the trend with that school
Where did you get this insight from?

NYEMMED

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Try doing rotations and auditions after your first two years, let us know how that theory holds up...

NYDOC112

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2009
Status
Where did you get this insight from?
Working in NYC and precepting medical students. Many have a bias against this school due to student performance. This has been my experience in teaching as well.

Feb 19, 2010
Status
Try doing rotations and auditions after your first two years, let us know how that theory holds up...
Oh cmon Med, Touro can't be that ridiculously bad.

I know NYCOM is well-established but I think for a new school, Touro is holding its ground decently. It's even opening up a new campus in Middle-town where it will form good affiliations with the hospital from Orange county.

You make it seem like all their students are gonna end up on SOAP. lol don't be so aggressive in your thoughts.

Working in NYC and precepting medical students. Many have a bias against this school due to student performance. This has been my experience in teaching as well.
How long ago was this? I saw their last match list, and for a new school it doesn't seem atrocious...

http://legacy.touro.edu/med/docs/MatchList.pdf

DrEnderW

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2012
Rishi Maze
Status
Resident [Any Field]
It would be great if a current student would post the 2013 matches to dispel some of these notions.

Filet Mignon
Jan 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
NYIT-COM is, by no means, going to land you some super exclusive residency over Touro. If you work hard in Touro you will be rewarded with a good residency..same with NYIT-COM. Saying going to one over the other will land you a better residency is completely baseless. Everyone who goes to X school says their match list is great. The truth is many people don't even know what a good matchlist is. Also, we are taking about two DO schools here, not Columbia vs. NYMC.

I will repeat myself again. A huge advantage Touro has is that it is in NYC. Just because of that, it will be highly desirable among many applicants. The match list will get better. The resources available will expand. It is a brand new school and it has already made great improvement already. Also, NYIT-COM's administration just sucks too much and does not show much to care about it's students..who wants that? I remember it being my least friendly and dry interview and reminded me of interviewing for jobs that I didn't want at all. Also, Long Island..ugh.

Reactions: AlteredScale
May 15, 2011
Schrute Farms
Status
Resident [Any Field]

In all every school has downsides and upsides you must know them all when you apply, however in the Touro- NY vs NYCOM arena NYCOM will give you a much better match, and chance at specialties. (compare the match lists this year if you dont believe it.)
Just so we are clear Touro has no shortage of rotations. Was it not NYIT-COM that just added Palisades as one of their new clinical campuses (to take Touro's leftover rotations)? Touro joined NYCOMEC because touro's clinical dean is "special"...he took the faster, cheaper, and not the best way to get affiliated with a lot of residencies (yet the residencies will still take a long time to realize that but this is a separate story); there was no begging, he used to be the dean of something at NYIT-COM. Touro did not join for rotations, they are always adding new hospitals (to offer more variety of locations and in anticipation of the the new school opening next year). Touro did not lose its NYC rotations...it never had them, it just counted it chickens before the eggs hatched (not saying what they did was right).

The NYIT-COM reputation means little outside of NYCOMEC residencies (albeit NYCOMEC is kinda big); good thing Touro is apart of NYCOMEC and TUMEC.

comparing matchlists isn't always correct. Touro had no neurosurgery, rad onc, plastics, or ENT matches this year... because no one applied to those fields. Having 260-280 people apply vs 120ish apply will give obvious differences numbers-wise and interests-wise on a match list.

Last edited:
May 15, 2011
Schrute Farms
Status
Resident [Any Field]
NYIT-COM is, by no means, going to land you some super exclusive residency over Touro. If you work hard in Touro you will be rewarded with a good residency..same with NYIT-COM. Saying going to one over the other will land you a better residency is completely baseless. Everyone who goes to X school says their match list is great. The truth is many people don't even know what a good matchlist is. Also, we are taking about two DO schools here, not Columbia vs. NYMC.
^
As far as DO schools and to an extent even some MD schools there is no solid way of judging which one is better or worse.

NYIT-COM and Touro are different. Pick the one that suits your style.
Long island lifestyle vs NYC lifestyle
driving to school vs train (dare i say bus) to school
pbl curriculum/lecture curriculum vs touro's self learning (?) curriculum with less class time
class of 300+ (big school feel) vs class of 135 (smaller community/family feel)
less involvement/input with admin vs more involvement/input with admin
less community involvement vs more community involvement
I would say both school have some poor rotation sites and some very good ones
tuition + cost of living are about the same in the end

not saying one is better or worse than the other; they are both different.

Last edited:

DrEnderW

5+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2012
Rishi Maze
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Touro had no neurosurgery, rad onc, plastics, or ENT matches this year... because no one applied to those fields. Having 260-280 people apply vs 120ish apply will give obvious differences numbers-wise and interests-wise on a match list.
Really? I saw very differently with a 2013 match list that was shared with incoming students. Would you care to share the one that you have access to?

May 15, 2011
Schrute Farms
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Really? I saw very differently with a 2013 match list that was shared with incoming students. Would you care to share the one that you have access to?
I don't have a copy on me but someone posted it in the school specific discussion thread from 2012-2013 I believe. Message me the one you have and I'll let you know the differences off of the top of my head.

GatsbyK

5+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2012
Status
Medical Student
^
As far as DO schools and to an extent even some MD schools there is no solid way of judging which one is better or worse.

NYIT-COM and Touro are different. Pick the one that suits your style.
Long island lifestyle vs NYC lifestyle
driving to school vs train (dare i say bus) to school
pbl curriculum/lecture curriculum vs touro's self learning (?) curriculum with less class time
class of 300+ (big school feel) vs class of 135 (smaller community/family feel)
less involvement/input with admin vs more involvement/input with admin
less community involvement vs more community involvement
I would say both school have some poor rotation sites and some very good ones
tuition + cost of living are about the same in the end

not saying one is better or worse than the other; they are both different.
This is basically what it boils down to. I went to school for most of my early years in NYC and for college I went in long island for school.

Maruko

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2007
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Both are my top choices ! :D