TOURO NY Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iNickyynick

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten an acceptance yet for this cycle? If so, how long did it take?

Also did anyone else interview with me on 01/11/2018???

Members don't see this ad.

Some things to consider when applying to this school. As a student who attended Touro NY please take my advice into consideration. One is the school is on their third probation. second, they have a lecture hall base curriculum, which is fine but as oppose to getting quizzes and exam each week they have exams three times per semester which means all seven exams are back to back with no study days, similar to finals X three. ( one month of lecture back up). I did not do well with this format and a lot of students didn't do well either, barely students are able to get A's and B's. For example, immunology final grade average was D, 26 people failed the course and had to retake and pay for the class out of pocket. They had 6 guest speakers for this course alone. They have no sort of organization. All good teachers left, I am guessing its because of the probation. They also have the WORST pharmaceutical professor. I mean pharmaceutical calculation is something that will forever go with a pharmacist and they have an engineering professor with a PhD not pharmD teaching that course, that cannot teach at all. I mean anyone attending that school will tell you exactly what I mean by "do not know how to teach". For example, there was a student who received a D as final grade and two weeks later his grade was bumped up to an A o_O. I am not kidding, and more students received this favor. They also have guess speakers teaching the class. They are unprofessional, and the curriculum is HORRIBLE. Another thing to consider is that they are dismissing students in the first semester, first year if they don't have a 2.3 GPA or higher or they are playing favoritism, there are students who have less than 2.3 and weren't dismissed. The student handbook policy clearly states that if a student do not maintain a 2.3 GPA in two consecutive semester they will be dismissed, apparently that wasn't followed. My guess is that they are trying to get rid of students that are doing poorly so they can have a good look on their upcoming interview with ACPE again. Lastly, if you aren't Jewish do not apply, they are very racist, seriously, students who are of other race have to work two times harder, anyone can tell you that also. I don't know how students are passing their NAPLEX. This school is teach yourself. I am transferring out of this school, good luck if you are considering.