Touro NY vs UNT Med Science

Started by DOisit
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DOisit

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which one is better? Touro grantees acceptance into medical school with a 3.5. However, they have a curve. UNT--as I understand, they don't have a curve. So wouldn't that be better? However, they don't have a guarantee acceptance. Thank you!
 
I know that a lot of smart people go into the UNT one. The Touro one, I think, has a lot weaker students. NY has a lot of SMP and the Touro one belongs to the lowest school. for example, a lot of people in the UNT go to Southwestern, A&M, Baylor, etc. By contrast, everyone in the Touro one goes to Touro. So, woulden't the Touro one be easier? Because they have weaker students? If I go to the UNT one, I'll have to get a really high GPA to have a chance. So if I get a 3.5 at UNT, I might not get into med school, and then I'll regret turning down Touro because I would have been a doctor. But if I screw up Touro, I suppose I can always got to UNT. I can just say, the cold weather made me sick, etc. and I think UNT will give me a chance, next year.

Is this correct?

Thank you so much