Touro NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bailey24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR
BS in kinesiology

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances and share some stats

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I already submitted my pharmcas and hopefully its mailed out by the end of this week. I would love to get into touro but I still have to take biochem. Any insights for this school will be very helpful. who else is applying here?

I applied here too! Sent in the supplemental and recently received the email that my application is under review so now it is just a waiting game.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Go Bulls!! I'm also applying to Touro for the fall 2014 class. My application is still awaiting transcript verification and my LOR's have been trickling in slowly. Did your gpa go up or down with pharmcas verification? Goodluck guys

Cumm. GPA 3.2
Science GPA 3.6
No pcat
3 months Pharmacy technician experience ( almost board certified)
Good extracurriculars including a competitive summer enrichment program
3 excellent Good LOR's
Almost complete with B.S although may not have it by the time pharm schools starts undergrad fin aid max.
Still need micro and A&P

I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the status of our application. I sent in my supplemental last week but I don't see any links on their site that provides application status.
Thanks in advance! :)

Also, do you guys mind posting your stats? Interested to see the pool of applicants this year :luck:

Hey everyone! I am applying also for Fall of 2014. Touro received my PharmCAS and should have my supplemental application now. Anyone know how long it takes to process the supplemental application?

My stats:

2.85 Science / 3.04 Cumulative GPA
-Still taking AnP 1-2 with Lab as well as Microbiology with lab so hope my GPA goes up from that. (12 Credit Hours)

Bachelors in Science - Biology and minor in Chemistry

2+ Years of Pharmacy Technician
- Retail Experience

Lots of Volunteer / Academic Organization involvement

Hey everyone! I am applying also for Fall of 2014. Touro received my PharmCAS and should have my supplemental application now. Anyone know how long it takes to process the supplemental application?

My stats:

2.85 Science / 3.04 Cumulative GPA
-Still taking AnP 1-2 with Lab as well as Microbiology with lab so hope my GPA goes up from that. (12 Credit Hours)

Bachelors in Science - Biology and minor in Chemistry

2+ Years of Pharmacy Technician
- Retail Experience

Lots of Volunteer / Academic Organization involvement

You're everywhere! Hopefully we both get interviews here.

You're everywhere! Hopefully we both get interviews here.

Haha I think we applied to 3 of the same schools I take it? Since Pharmcas has been sent there, they are just waiting on the supplemental which should be there this week! I'll keep you updated.

Edit: Having issues with my biochemistry. I took a 400 level one and got a C-, they want a C or higher in a intro to biochemistry. So I am stuck right now. I sent them a course to see if they will accept it in the spring.

Last edited:
Haha I think we applied to 3 of the same schools I take it? Since Pharmcas has been sent there, they are just waiting on the supplemental which should be there this week! I'll keep you updated.

Edit: Having issues with my biochemistry. I took a 400 level one and got a C-, they want a C or higher in a intro to biochemistry. So I am stuck right now. I sent them a course to see if they will accept it in the spring.

Touro just gave me an interview on 10/03. Such short notice!

Do you mind to post your stat? I received an email on 09/12 that my application is under the review. Can you tell me when you received the "review email". I am trying to see how many days after this email you received the interview invitation. Thanks.

Touro just gave me an interview on 10/03. Such short notice!

Do you mind to post your stat? I received an email on 09/12 that my application is under the review. Can you tell me when you received the "review email". I am trying to see how many days after this email you received the interview invitation.

I have an interview on 10/8!

The process most likely works very quick after you turn in your supplemental. They will send you an email saying that it's under review status. About a week to two weeks you'll get a confirmation email with your coursework. That is the first part. The second part is probably reviewing your app location as a whole. (Gpa, degree, volunteer work, extra curriculars, and so on) After that they then send you a interview invite. When they reviewed my coursework it took them only one day to respond to invite me for the interview. It's just the first part that took some time. And of course, receiving Pharmcas as well.

Hope that helps

Cleaveland

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. Just received an interview for 10/03. Do you know if we have to write an essay during the interview like Touro (CA) or not?

The process most likely works very quick after you turn in your supplemental. They will send you an email saying that it's under review status. About a week to two weeks you'll get a confirmation email with your coursework. That is the first part. The second part is probably reviewing your app location as a whole. (Gpa, degree, volunteer work, extra curriculars, and so on) After that they then send you a interview invite. When they reviewed my coursework it took them only one day to respond to invite me for the interview. It's just the first part that took some time. And of course, receiving Pharmcas as well.

Hope that helps

Cleaveland

Congrats again! I am starting to believe we might be future classmates somewhere. I have mine scheduled for the 17th. Let me know how it goes.

Congrats again! I am starting to believe we might be future classmates somewhere. I have mine scheduled for the 17th. Let me know how it goes.

Haha you might be right! I really hope we receive the same good news! We might know which schools we will be accepted to this Fall / Winter! I'm pumped

How long did you guys have to wait after you submitted the PharmCAS/supplemental to receive the interview invitation?

Looks like Vuuha05 and I have the interview on the same day. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Hopefully its not too bad!! :)

Looks like Vuuha05 and I have the interview on the same day. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Hopefully its not too bad!! :)
Good luck Parthvi! Did you have to wait a long time after you submitted your app to receive the interview invite?

Hey! It took about 2 weeks after I submitted my supplemental application. Goodluck to you too! :)

Hope that helps

Cleaveland

Hey congrats to those who got interviews!! Do you guys mind posting your stats? I want to get an idea of who they're choosing for early interviews.

Hello all,
I went for interview yesterday at Touro. It went pretty good. They do not ask anything complicated. Make sure that you make yourself relax before you enter the building and do not stress out because they all are nice people.

Hello all,
I went for interview yesterday at Touro. It went pretty good. They do not ask anything complicated. Make sure that you make yourself relax before you enter the building and do not stress out because they all are nice people.
Was it a group interview or was it just yourself and the panel of interviewers?

I landed in New York and very pumped for this interview on he 8th. Anyone else going to be there?

I landed in New York and very pumped for this interview on he 8th. Anyone else going to be there?
Nice! How's the environment over there right now and how are you going to get from the place you're staying to Touro?

Interview on the 31st! Will anyone else be there? Anyone know if this year's interviews are group or one on one?

Interview on the 31st! Will anyone else be there? Anyone know if this year's interviews are group or one on one?

3 interview session and that too one on one......

3 interview session and that too one on one......

I'm sorry, i didnt completely understand you. Does that mean there are 3 1on1 interviews? How was your interview experience? :)

Hello, I have just submitted my pharmcas application. Did you guys submit your supplementals after your pharmcas application was verified? Thanks!

Hello, I have just submitted my pharmcas application. Did you guys submit your supplementals after your pharmcas application was verified? Thanks!

yes i mean 3 1 on 1 interviews.... it was a nice experience...
every1 is friendly dere..... so don't be afraid of anything....

You don't have to wait until your PharmCAS application is verified to send in the supplemental application.

I was given an invitation for an interview 10/31 but asked to reschedule because of the pcat. so now it's 11/05/13. anyone have this interview date?? I'm so nervous about getting around NY, I have never been to the east coast.

I'm having the interview on the 5th as well, anybody is having the same date?? Also, have anybody been accepted yet???

Congrats on the interview! How long did it take for them to contact you about scheduling an interview after you submitted your PharmCAS application and supplementals? Thanks in advance!

Congrats on the interview! How long did it take for them to contact you about scheduling an interview after you submitted your PharmCAS application and supplementals? Thanks in advance!

Thank you. I submitted my pharmCAS on the 5th, and supplemental app on the 10th, and pharmCAS verified my app on the 12th, mailed it out on the 21st. TouroNY emailed me on the 19th saying my app is under review, on the 28th they sent email saying everything is completed, and my interview invite is sent out early this AM. So there it is my app timeline.

Thank you. I submitted my pharmCAS on the 5th, and supplemental app on the 10th, and pharmCAS verified my app on the 12th, mailed it out on the 21st. TouroNY emailed me on the 19th saying my app is under review, on the 28th they sent email saying everything is completed, and my interview invite is sent out early this AM. So there it is my app timeline.

Thanks for the info! Congrats again, and good luck on your interview! :)

Thanks, I need it. Also, hope you'll hear fr your top school soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks, I need it. Also, hope you'll hear fr your top school soon.

Youre welcome. I am sure you will do fine in the interview. And thank you. :) Did you apply to other schools in NY as well?

Youre welcome. I am sure you will do fine in the interview. And thank you. :) Did you apply to other schools in NY as well?
No, just this and another one on the west coast. How's about you?

Did anyone hear back yet for those who have interviewed?

Hello guys! Got an email invite tonight scheduled for the 5th.( but I rescheduled for the 7th)
Pharmcas-mailed Oct. 21
Supplemental sent- Oct 21
Supplemental received-Oct 24
Pre -Req Status email- Oct 28
Interview Invite- Oct 30
Interview-Nov 7:)

Hello guys! Got an email invite tonight scheduled for the 5th.( but I rescheduled for the 7th)
Pharmcas-mailed Oct. 21
Supplemental sent- Oct 21
Supplemental received-Oct 24
Pre -Req Status email- Oct 28
Interview Invite- Oct 30
Interview-Nov 7:)
Good luck on your interview.

No, just this and another one on the west coast. How's about you?

I've applied to most in NYC and Pennsylvania.

Good luck on you interview Pharmwonder!! :)

Is it just me, or the supplemental is really broad? I still have not submitted my supplementals yet. :(

I've applied to most in NYC and Pennsylvania.

Good luck on you interview Pharmwonder!! :)

Is it just me, or the supplemental is really broad? I still have not submitted my supplementals yet. :(
By being broad, I'm assuming you mean the PS. If that's the case, here is my personal opinion. Per the essay statement's instruction, this is your chance to elaborate your journey, life circumstances that lead you to choosing pharmacy as a career. You can pretty much say anything that is relevant to show the admission board that you're a passionate person, who have these defined characteristics that are needed as a pharmacist. Or you can have another approach such as childhood's memories, your past and present's exposure in pharmacy settings, etc. What do you see in yourself that will make you a good pharmacist? I'm just throwing ideas out there for you to consider. Personally, I don't know you or your life circumstances; but if you're being upfront, honest and be clear about your career decision, then I would say that's your selling point. Hope this helps !!!!

Thank you very much for your advice. This helps a lot! I really appreciate it. :) Now I know what to write.

So I'm back from the interview and I felt it went well. Had a good group! Interview comprised of 3 separate interviews and a group activity. It's easy to say stay relaxed to future candidates but just entering the building alone can be nerve wracking lol. However everyone including the current students were really nice! Touro is huge on public health and service to the public so make sure you understand what it means. From what I gathered talking to some of the students, they were very happy being part of the program. New York is a very diverse place and is rich with culture, not a bad place to explore!!! Well, if anyone reads this and has an interview coming up, try to relax and be confident! For me and the rest of my group the waiting game begins!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience! i just submitted my supplemental on 11/21 and i really hope to get an interview before the holidays! this is my top choice school :)

Thanks for sharing your experience! i just submitted my supplemental on 11/21 and i really hope to get an interview before the holidays! this is my top choice school :)

Good luck! I hope you get an interview as well!