Touro University 12/8 Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

care324

care
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else has an interview for Touro on 12/8?

Members don't see this ad.

good luck on your interview :)

Members don't see this ad :)
care324 said:
Anyone else has an interview for Touro on 12/8?

Hi,

Congratulation and good luck on your interview. BTW, how long ago did you apply to Touro? Did you have to wait long to get the interview on 12/8? I'm still in the process of applying, so hope you don't mind sharing some tips. Thanks a bunch

janbran said:
Hi,

Congratulation and good luck on your interview. BTW, how long ago did you apply to Touro? Did you have to wait long to get the interview on 12/8? I'm still in the process of applying, so hope you don't mind sharing some tips. Thanks a bunch

thanks to everyone for the congrats! I turned my application in on the last week of september. My invite was dated on November 3rd..it was in my mailbox for a week and a half and if I hadn't picked up my mail...I would have missed the two-week deadline. I really didnt think I was going to get an invite because they started the whole interview process pretty early. I remember sending Ms. Julie Lee an email regarding the status of my application during mid October...and I didn't get a response until three weeks down the line...so I'm not really sure how they go about with sending invites. I used the same personal statement from PharmCAS and for the challenges in pharmacy, I read up on a few articles. Check out AACP.org...they have peer reviewed articles from credible sources. I didn't bother sending them official copies of my transcripts....just the print-outs. hmmm..i don't know what else.... I guess it's just a matter of waiting. If you have any specific questions..feel free to ask...I hope I can help. i know how it feels like...good luck!

care324 said:
thanks to everyone for the congrats! I turned my application in on the last week of september. My invite was dated on November 3rd..it was in my mailbox for a week and a half and if I hadn't picked up my mail...I would have missed the two-week deadline. I really didnt think I was going to get an invite because they started the whole interview process pretty early. I remember sending Ms. Julie Lee an email regarding the status of my application during mid October...and I didn't get a response until three weeks down the line...so I'm not really sure how they go about with sending invites. I used the same personal statement from PharmCAS and for the challenges in pharmacy, I read up on a few articles. Check out AACP.org...they have peer reviewed articles from credible sources. I didn't bother sending them official copies of my transcripts....just the print-outs. hmmm..i don't know what else.... I guess it's just a matter of waiting. If you have any specific questions..feel free to ask...I hope I can help. i know how it feels like...good luck!

Thanks for all the tips...Let me know how your interview is okay. Once again, good luck.

janbran said:
Thanks for all the tips...Let me know how your interview is okay. Once again, good luck.

Hi again,

I forgot to ask if you're applying to any other schools and if you got any other interview beside the one at Touro? I don't know about you, but the "waiting" time feels horrible. I've never wanted the time to fly by faster....I applied to couple other schools in CA back in early Oct but still haven't heard from them yet.

Janet

janbran said:
Hi again,

I forgot to ask if you're applying to any other schools and if you got any other interview beside the one at Touro? I don't know about you, but the "waiting" time feels horrible. I've never wanted the time to fly by faster....I applied to couple other schools in CA back in early Oct but still haven't heard from them yet.

Janet

hey janbran!

I applied to all the california schools except for western....western requires way too many prereq's and the supplementary application is ridiculous. I also applied to a couple of out-of-state schools. Basically...most of the schools that do not require a PCAT. hahahahaaa....i'm too lazy to take the PCAT! I just recently had an interview with USC on 11/12...and that went okay. It's just a matter of waiting and it's killing me! I'll be hearing from them in 4-6 weeks..and I do agree with you...i just wish time would fly by faster. I hate this waiting game. As for the UC pharm schools...I think they start the interview process sometime in January...so just keep on the look-out for the mail. Good luck to all of you!

care324 said:
hey janbran!

I applied to all the california schools except for western....western requires way too many prereq's and the supplementary application is ridiculous. I also applied to a couple of out-of-state schools. Basically...most of the schools that do not require a PCAT. hahahahaaa....i'm too lazy to take the PCAT! I just recently had an interview with USC on 11/12...and that went okay. It's just a matter of waiting and it's killing me! I'll be hearing from them in 4-6 weeks..and I do agree with you...i just wish time would fly by faster. I hate this waiting game. As for the UC pharm schools...I think they start the interview process sometime in January...so just keep on the look-out for the mail. Good luck to all of you!

Hi care324,

Did you submit PHARMCAS really early? Have you heard back from UOP? Since I know that they started the interview session really early. When did you apply to all the other CA school? (If you don't mind me asking). By the way, I mailed TOURO appplication in yesterday, hooray :). Ask for me, I turned in USC at the end of Oct, so I don't know if I even have a chance for an interview. What is your first choice of pharm school? Hope I didn't bombard you with too many questions. Thanks.

janbran said:
Hi care324,

Did you submit PHARMCAS really early? Have you heard back from UOP? Since I know that they started the interview session really early. When did you apply to all the other CA school? (If you don't mind me asking). By the way, I mailed TOURO appplication in yesterday, hooray :). Ask for me, I turned in USC at the end of Oct, so I don't know if I even have a chance for an interview. What is your first choice of pharm school? Hope I didn't bombard you with too many questions. Thanks.

I E-submitted my PharmCAS on September 7th, but it took a very long time for them to process my application and mail it out to my designated schools. I mailed my supplementary application for USC during the last week of September and they recieved my supp app before my PharmCAS. I mailed my supp app for UOP during the last week of september as well, and it took a long time to recieve a notification that my application is complete. Right now...UOP is supposed to be assessing my prerequisites, but I still have not heard from them. I called the admissions office and I was told that it was just a matter of waiting. As for UCSF and UCSD, I watied til mid-November before mailing my supp apps...since they don't have rolling admission. Don't worry..ur not alone. Everyone is suffering as much as you are..including me. Congratulations on finishing your application to touro. Good luck and hopefully we both hear from the other schools soon..

care324 said:
I E-submitted my PharmCAS on September 7th, but it took a very long time for them to process my application and mail it out to my designated schools. I mailed my supplementary application for USC during the last week of September and they recieved my supp app before my PharmCAS. I mailed my supp app for UOP during the last week of september as well, and it took a long time to recieve a notification that my application is complete. Right now...UOP is supposed to be assessing my prerequisites, but I still have not heard from them. I called the admissions office and I was told that it was just a matter of waiting. As for UCSF and UCSD, I watied til mid-November before mailing my supp apps...since they don't have rolling admission. Don't worry..ur not alone. Everyone is suffering as much as you are..including me. Congratulations on finishing your application to touro. Good luck and hopefully we both hear from the other schools soon..

Thanks for the reply. Well, keep in touch and let me know if you hear from ANY school okay. Let me know how the TOURO interview go okay.

care324 said:

Hey please check your email. I have sent my trip iteracy and was wondering what yours looks like. If they both match maybe I could rent a car instead of paying for the pricey shuttle.
here's my cell: 626 818 3827
Arnold~

arbangchan said:
Hey please check your email. I have sent my trip iteracy and was wondering what yours looks like. If they both match maybe I could rent a car instead of paying for the pricey shuttle.
Arnold~

definately rent a car. I took the shuttle from oakland airport to the quality Inn and it was about ~$45. I talked to other students at the interview and they rented a car for $25 bucks. It's a big difference considering the shuttle is $45 each way so it can cost you $90 for the entire trip.

btw good luck on your interview this thursday.

arbangchan said:
Arnold~

I can't check my email right now....i'm at work and the email site is blocked. I'll be flying to Oakland Int. Airport on Wednesday night where I will be picked up by my aunt. She lives in Vallejo..about 15 minutes from the campus...so i'll be staying with her. I got pretty lucky in terms of housing and transportation. But hey... i'm down to meet up on campus..if you're cool with that. I noticed the "626"...where are you from?