Touro University 19-20

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspdpt

Reaction score
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone here applied to Touro, when did you apply, and if you've heard back yet? Cheers :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! Just wondering if anyone here applied to Touro, when did you apply, and if you've heard back yet? Cheers :)

Which Touro? :)

I am going to be submitting my app to Touro in Nevada within the next week or so. I am reapplying this cycle, and last year I applied to Touro in Manhattan but did not get in. First time applying to Touro NV though :)

Which Touro? :)

I am going to be submitting my app to Touro in Nevada within the next week or so. I am reapplying this cycle, and last year I applied to Touro in Manhattan but did not get in. First time applying to Touro NV though :)
Nevada! I submitted mine last week so im waiting to hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nevada! I submitted mine last week so im waiting to hear back!
That is awesome, I am going to be submitting mine on Monday! Would you mind sharing your stats? :)

Have you guys heard anything? I haven't even seen the email for the supplemental application yet.

Have you guys heard anything? I haven't even seen the email for the supplemental application yet.
I received the supplemental 9/17, a day after they said my app was under review. Sent it in and a week later they emailed again and said the supplemental will be reviewed in the weeks to come and will notify me with a decision!

I also got my supplemental link on 9/9. Sent it a couple days after and then sent me an email saying I will be notified in the "coming weeks". When did you send yours in? I sent mine before 8/15

I applied to Touro Nevada and got an email that my app was received and under review on 9/17. I submitted 9/1. It says that it takes ~ four weeks before notification of official application status. No email about the supplemental though. :( I hope to hear from them soon, and that this isn't a bad sign. I'm in the same boat as you.

I also got my supplemental link on 9/9. Sent it a couple days after and then sent me an email saying I will be notified in the "coming weeks". When did you send yours in? I sent mine before 8/15
you havent heard back yet? They received mine 9/24 and I havent heard anything back, just the email about being notified in the "coming weeks" as well. they may just be waiting for everyone to send them in before making final decisions.

you havent heard back yet? They received mine 9/24 and I havent heard anything back, just the email about being notified in the "coming weeks" as well. they may just be waiting for everyone to send them in before making final decisions.
Judging from previous threads from recent years, Touro Nevada gives out decisions in mid-November. Considering that there's a new admission manager, the trend might change. "Coming weeks" is so vague, could be this week or in 6 weeks.

Hi! I received the invite and just submitted my Touro University Nevada secondary. I guess they were running behind due to the influx of applications and October Jewish holidays.

I was wondering if anyone who submitted their secondary earlier has heard any updates? Thank you!

Hi! I received the invite and just submitted my Touro University Nevada secondary. I guess they were running behind due to the influx of applications and October Jewish holidays.

I was wondering if anyone who submitted their secondary earlier has heard any updates? Thank you!
Still havent received anything after they've received my secondary.

Reactions: 1 user
I heard back from Touro (NV) on September 13th and submitted the supplemental on September 15th. The last update I got was on September 19th and was told that my application is under faculty review and I should hear back in the coming weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I sent in my application in the beginning of September and I got an email on September 25th saying my application was "received" and is under review. The email didn't say anything about a supplemental application, but it did say that I would be notified of the official status of my application in "approximately" four weeks. The four week mark was almost two weeks ago though so I'm not sure what that means!

Hi all, I sent in my application in the beginning of September and I got an email on September 25th saying my application was "received" and is under review. The email didn't say anything about a supplemental application, but it did say that I would be notified of the official status of my application in "approximately" four weeks. The four week mark was almost two weeks ago though so I'm not sure what that means!
They send out secondary applications to chosen applicants only

I haven't heard anything yet. Tempted to email Nancy about updates but I'll give it another week.

I haven't heard anything yet. Tempted to email Nancy about updates but I'll give it another week.

I have a feeling I'm in the later wave of secondary invites? Maybe they are waiting to review them as they are received with the earlier ones before making decisions? Hopefully we hear back by the end of the month!

I got my invite for the secondary application on 11/6 and submitted 11/11. The email said I would get a response in the "coming weeks" like you all have been saying. Has anyone gotten updates for those who were in the earlier wave of secondary app invitations?

I got my invite for the secondary application on 11/6 and submitted 11/11. The email said I would get a response in the "coming weeks" like you all have been saying. Has anyone gotten updates for those who were in the earlier wave of secondary app invitations?

Hello! I emailed Nancy and she replied "I apologize for the delay. The admissions committee are still reviewing applications and has not made any decisions. I anticipate a status update soon (before Thanksgiving)." Hope this helps!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! I emailed Nancy and she replied "I apologize for the delay. The admissions committee are still reviewing applications and has not made any decisions. I anticipate a status update soon (before Thanksgiving)." Hope this helps!
Thanks for checking with Nancy, I was about to do it too. I wonder if it's because our priority deadline is 11/15. So hopefully we get answers next week! Last year, someone reported 11/20 is when they got theirs.

Reactions: 1 users
I reached out to Nancy last week and she had not yet heard from the committee on their decision. She said that she anticipated that I would know something before Thanksgiving.

I reached out to Nancy last week and she had not yet heard from the committee on their decision. She said that she anticipated that I would know something before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for checking in. I've been anxiously checking my email haha. Hopefully this week then. Her response was similar to the one she gave me earlier this month

Yeah I checked in with Nancy, same thing. I've been refreshing my email every 5 minutes.

I was on campus at 3, they left early today. Hopefully they give us an answer next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I don't want to annoy Nancy tbh. But I thought the decisions would have already came in.

I don't want to annoy Nancy tbh. But I thought the decisions would have already came in.
Yeah same I don't want to bother her but on the other hand I'm really anxious to know!

Yeah same I don't want to bother her but on the other hand I'm really anxious to know!
Mainly finals are here and I don't want to deal with decision letters, but looks like it will get to that situation. lol

Hey y’all! I’m currently in the process of applying to Touro NV but I didn’t realize they did rolling admissions. On top of that school and work has made writing my essays hard. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on if I should still apply? Do you think it’s too late because they do rolling admissions or if I’d still have a chance?

Hey y’all! I’m currently in the process of applying to Touro NV but I didn’t realize they did rolling admissions. On top of that school and work has made writing my essays hard. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on if I should still apply? Do you think it’s too late because they do rolling admissions or if I’d still have a chance?

As long as you're confident in your application, just turn it in ASAP. You do have to take into account that they do give "best consideration" for applicants that turned theirs in before 11/15 on their website. But you should at least try. Don't let the upcoming holidays become another distraction, so get the rough drafts done before then! good luck.

I just received an acceptance email! Good luck everyone!

We can commiserate about waiting it out haha. At least not a rejection. I wonder how many they tend to pull from the waitlist?
I'm honestly just staying positive about it being the waitlist. I'm on a few now, so hopefully one works out :) From the email it seemed like there might be quite a few that get pulled off actually. However the cohort is about 40 students so I'm really not sure.

I got in.

Last edited: