You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro University 19-20
Started by aspdpt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone here applied to Touro, when did you apply, and if you've heard back yet? Cheers 🙂
Which Touro? 🙂
I am going to be submitting my app to Touro in Nevada within the next week or so. I am reapplying this cycle, and last year I applied to Touro in Manhattan but did not get in. First time applying to Touro NV though 🙂
Nevada! I submitted mine last week so im waiting to hear back!Which Touro? 🙂
I am going to be submitting my app to Touro in Nevada within the next week or so. I am reapplying this cycle, and last year I applied to Touro in Manhattan but did not get in. First time applying to Touro NV though 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is awesome, I am going to be submitting mine on Monday! Would you mind sharing your stats? 🙂Nevada! I submitted mine last week so im waiting to hear back!
I received the supplemental 9/17, a day after they said my app was under review. Sent it in and a week later they emailed again and said the supplemental will be reviewed in the weeks to come and will notify me with a decision!Have you guys heard anything? I haven't even seen the email for the supplemental application yet.
iyt
Full Member
I also got my supplemental link on 9/9. Sent it a couple days after and then sent me an email saying I will be notified in the "coming weeks". When did you send yours in? I sent mine before 8/15Have you guys heard anything? I haven't even seen the email for the supplemental application yet.
Have you guys heard anything? I haven't even seen the email for the supplemental application yet.
I applied to Touro Nevada and got an email that my app was received and under review on 9/17. I submitted 9/1. It says that it takes ~ four weeks before notification of official application status. No email about the supplemental though. 🙁 I hope to hear from them soon, and that this isn't a bad sign. I'm in the same boat as you.
you havent heard back yet? They received mine 9/24 and I havent heard anything back, just the email about being notified in the "coming weeks" as well. they may just be waiting for everyone to send them in before making final decisions.I also got my supplemental link on 9/9. Sent it a couple days after and then sent me an email saying I will be notified in the "coming weeks". When did you send yours in? I sent mine before 8/15
iyt
Full Member
Judging from previous threads from recent years, Touro Nevada gives out decisions in mid-November. Considering that there's a new admission manager, the trend might change. "Coming weeks" is so vague, could be this week or in 6 weeks.you havent heard back yet? They received mine 9/24 and I havent heard anything back, just the email about being notified in the "coming weeks" as well. they may just be waiting for everyone to send them in before making final decisions.
Hi! I received the invite and just submitted my Touro University Nevada secondary. I guess they were running behind due to the influx of applications and October Jewish holidays.
I was wondering if anyone who submitted their secondary earlier has heard any updates? Thank you!
I was wondering if anyone who submitted their secondary earlier has heard any updates? Thank you!
Still havent received anything after they've received my secondary.Hi! I received the invite and just submitted my Touro University Nevada secondary. I guess they were running behind due to the influx of applications and October Jewish holidays.
I was wondering if anyone who submitted their secondary earlier has heard any updates? Thank you!
soccerprept19
Full Member
I heard back from Touro (NV) on September 13th and submitted the supplemental on September 15th. The last update I got was on September 19th and was told that my application is under faculty review and I should hear back in the coming weeks.
rinarina22
Full Member
Hi all, I sent in my application in the beginning of September and I got an email on September 25th saying my application was "received" and is under review. The email didn't say anything about a supplemental application, but it did say that I would be notified of the official status of my application in "approximately" four weeks. The four week mark was almost two weeks ago though so I'm not sure what that means!
They send out secondary applications to chosen applicants onlyHi all, I sent in my application in the beginning of September and I got an email on September 25th saying my application was "received" and is under review. The email didn't say anything about a supplemental application, but it did say that I would be notified of the official status of my application in "approximately" four weeks. The four week mark was almost two weeks ago though so I'm not sure what that means!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't heard anything yet. Tempted to email Nancy about updates but I'll give it another week.
I have a feeling I'm in the later wave of secondary invites? Maybe they are waiting to review them as they are received with the earlier ones before making decisions? Hopefully we hear back by the end of the month!
rinarina22
Full Member
I got my invite for the secondary application on 11/6 and submitted 11/11. The email said I would get a response in the "coming weeks" like you all have been saying. Has anyone gotten updates for those who were in the earlier wave of secondary app invitations?
I got my invite for the secondary application on 11/6 and submitted 11/11. The email said I would get a response in the "coming weeks" like you all have been saying. Has anyone gotten updates for those who were in the earlier wave of secondary app invitations?
Hello! I emailed Nancy and she replied "I apologize for the delay. The admissions committee are still reviewing applications and has not made any decisions. I anticipate a status update soon (before Thanksgiving)." Hope this helps!
Seerat Bhullar
Full Member
Would you mind sharing your stats for touro, Nevada?
iyt
Full Member
Thanks for checking with Nancy, I was about to do it too. I wonder if it's because our priority deadline is 11/15. So hopefully we get answers next week! Last year, someone reported 11/20 is when they got theirs.Hello! I emailed Nancy and she replied "I apologize for the delay. The admissions committee are still reviewing applications and has not made any decisions. I anticipate a status update soon (before Thanksgiving)." Hope this helps!
soccerprept19
Full Member
I reached out to Nancy last week and she had not yet heard from the committee on their decision. She said that she anticipated that I would know something before Thanksgiving.
I reached out to Nancy last week and she had not yet heard from the committee on their decision. She said that she anticipated that I would know something before Thanksgiving.
Thanks for checking in. I've been anxiously checking my email haha. Hopefully this week then. Her response was similar to the one she gave me earlier this month
Anyone get an admission decision yet? Still waiting :/
iyt
Full Member
no, not yetAnyone get an admission decision yet? Still waiting :/
soccerprept19
Full Member
Nope, nothing yetAnyone get an admission decision yet? Still waiting :/
I did not either, kind of nervousAnyone get an admission decision yet? Still waiting :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah same I don't want to bother her but on the other hand I'm really anxious to know!I don't want to annoy Nancy tbh. But I thought the decisions would have already came in.
iyt
Full Member
Mainly finals are here and I don't want to deal with decision letters, but looks like it will get to that situation. lolYeah same I don't want to bother her but on the other hand I'm really anxious to know!
Anxious too, still waiting. Hopefully by the end of this week.
Hey y’all! I’m currently in the process of applying to Touro NV but I didn’t realize they did rolling admissions. On top of that school and work has made writing my essays hard. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on if I should still apply? Do you think it’s too late because they do rolling admissions or if I’d still have a chance?
iyt
Full Member
Hey y’all! I’m currently in the process of applying to Touro NV but I didn’t realize they did rolling admissions. On top of that school and work has made writing my essays hard. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on if I should still apply? Do you think it’s too late because they do rolling admissions or if I’d still have a chance?
As long as you're confident in your application, just turn it in ASAP. You do have to take into account that they do give "best consideration" for applicants that turned theirs in before 11/15 on their website. But you should at least try. Don't let the upcoming holidays become another distraction, so get the rough drafts done before then! good luck.
I got waitlisted. Good luck to others.
iyt
Full Member
when did you get a decision?I got waitlisted. Good luck to others.
when did you get a decision?
Literally just now
iyt
Full Member
Literally just now
Nothing for me yet
soccerprept19
Full Member
I just got waitlisted too!!
I just got waitlisted too!!
We can commiserate about waiting it out haha. At least not a rejection. I wonder how many they tend to pull from the waitlist?
soccerprept19
Full Member
I'm honestly just staying positive about it being the waitlist. I'm on a few now, so hopefully one works out 🙂 From the email it seemed like there might be quite a few that get pulled off actually. However the cohort is about 40 students so I'm really not sure.We can commiserate about waiting it out haha. At least not a rejection. I wonder how many they tend to pull from the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
rinarina22
Full Member
I got my acceptance email this morning!
naydee15
Full Member
Same here!Waitlisted as well
iyt
Full Member
Are y’all talking about Touro-NY or Touro-NV
NV
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTapplicant0511
Full Member
Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats?I got in.