Touro University 19-20

Started by aspdpt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Would you mind posting your stats?

BS in General Kinesiology in progress at Cal Poly Pomona
cGPA: 3.41 (messed up a lot in community college but picked up my GPA)
pGPA: 3.67 (really depends on which school)
GRE: 159Q, 149V, 4.0AWA
Observations (weakest but will be working on it once winter break kicks in, I work at a pharmacy to pay when I'm not studying): 163 hours 2 settings
Extra: Motor development clinic volunteering, Adaptive outdoor adventure programs, VP for Pre-PT/OT and helped facilitate the first one on campus, Mind and heart stress lab, Riverside Community College Honors Society
Hobbies: Rock climbing, CrossFit, Breakdancing
LORs: 1 PT director, 1 Anatomy and physiology professor, 1 Biomechanics professor who used to hold a DPT, 1 from pharmacy manager
Academic achievements: Dean's and President's Honor List every semester after I started to pick up my GPA
Licenses: State Certified Pharmacy Technician through California, National Registered Pharmacy Technician (expired because its not necessary)

Things that may make me stand out: Pharmacy Technician for almost 6 years (so patient care) and I've had my essays looked over by countless people who are finished with grad schools and a professional writer.

Let me know if I'm missing anything, first time writing this. I know my observational hours may not compare to the thousands I see here but I'll be working on it more after this semester.
 
I got in.
Congrats! Do you mind posting
BS in General Kinesiology in progress at Cal Poly Pomona
cGPA: 3.41 (messed up a lot in community college but picked up my GPA)
pGPA: 3.67 (really depends on which school)
GRE: 159Q, 149V, 4.0AWA
Observations (weakest but will be working on it once winter break kicks in, I work at a pharmacy to pay when I'm not studying): 163 hours 2 settings
Extra: Motor development clinic volunteering, Adaptive outdoor adventure programs, VP for Pre-PT/OT and helped facilitate the first one on campus, Mind and heart stress lab, Riverside Community College Honors Society
Hobbies: Rock climbing, CrossFit, Breakdancing
LORs: 1 PT director, 1 Anatomy and physiology professor, 1 Biomechanics professor who used to hold a DPT, 1 from pharmacy manager
Academic achievements: Dean's and President's Honor List every semester after I started to pick up my GPA
Licenses: State Certified Pharmacy Technician through California, National Registered Pharmacy Technician (expired because its not necessary)

Things that may make me stand out: Pharmacy Technician for almost 6 years (so patient care) and I've had my essays looked over by countless people who are finished with grad schools and a professional writer.

Let me know if I'm missing anything, first time writing this. I know my observational hours may not compare to the thousands I see here but I'll be working on it more after this semester.
Thank you, this is very helpful! And congrats!!
 
Congrats to everyone that got in :claps:! I submitted my PTCAS application 11/19 and was verified quickly afterwards. However, I still haven't received a supplemental yet. Anyone in the same boat?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got waitlisted as well today. I was kind of annoyed that in the email they said not to ask about your rank on the waitlist as they don't give out information during the admissions processes 🤔
 
Who ever got the acceptance letters had only two weeks to pay the $1000 deposit, and I think that two weeks just ended. I’m sure a few people didn’t do it opened up some spots in the cohort and also the waitlist


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hi all,

Seems like a lot of us are waitlisted. Just wondering if anyone knows any details about their waitlist process? A little confused because they gave very few details in the email.
 
Did you happen to anything specific prior to getting off the waitlist? An email or anything?

Did I happen to do anything specific? No, I listened to instructions, they said no letter of intent, email etc. So I simply waited and got in! I think I will give up my spot though for another program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad