Touro University c/o 2012!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitedc5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to those who were accepted to the class of 2012! Feel free to chime in here or discuss any housing situations, finding roommates, forming study groups, etc. Hope to see you all in August :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am attending Touro fall 08 too. I am looking for about 2 roommates to rent a 3 br apt/housing with in the Vallejo area. I am willing to rent a 4 br place too if they are enough people willing to collaborate. I hope to live outside of the island with biking or driving distant of 10-15 min. I have been searching on Craiglist and found some promising places. BTW, I am a girl from SF and I go to UCB. I hope to see you in Aug too.

Hi, I am attending Touro fall 08 too. I am looking for about 2 roommates to rent a 3 br apt/housing with in the Vallejo area. I am willing to rent a 4 br place too if they are enough people willing to collaborate. I hope to live outside of the island with biking or driving distant of 10-15 min. I have been searching on Craiglist and found some promising places. BTW, I am a girl from SF and I go to UCB. I hope to see you in Aug too.

I'm looking for housing also, but I was hoping to live on the island. I can't remember on the drive to campus on the island if there was a lot of housing (too busy thinking about the interview), but does anyone know if living on the island is a good idea? I really don't remember anything until reaching the campus, so I'm not sure if there are a lot of markets, stores, and housing
on the island. Oh, and I'm a girl that goes to UCSD. :)

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey,

I have also been starting to look for housing. I also live in SF and attended UCD. Are you looking strictly for female roomates? I see some decent places on craigslist for about $450-$600.

Hi cnd, there are residential homes on the island. But I decided not to live there for two reasons. One, there seems to be no markets, stores or restaurants anywhere in the area. Two, the island is not a particularly nice place to live. For anyone interested, here is a link I found on craiglist of a 3 br house: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/641129642.html.

The price is about 1550/month, divide that by 3 and we get 517 each. The drive to campus is about 12 min. This is just an example of what can be found on craiglist. There are other places as well. Here is another one with the same price + driving distant: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/640696778.html

MeHunryRx, I am not strictly looking for girls only but I hope to have more girls in the house than guys. As long as you are a nice responsible person which I am sure you are, then there is no problem.

I'm also looking for housing. I have asked current students who recommend living in neighboring cities such as benicia. They said the area around the school is pretty crappy and there is not many markets around. If anyone is looking for a roommate and wants to live in the neighboring cities shoot me a PM.

hey does anyone know what we are supposed to put as our student id's on the registration form? our social security numbers??? or??

hey does anyone know what we are supposed to put as our student id's on the registration form? our social security numbers??? or??

I emailed them and they said to leave it blank. We won't get our student id's til orientation or something.

Has anyone seen a facebook group for our class? I would love to put faces to screen names and meet my classmates! :)

Hi, I'll be attending Touro in the fall and I look forward to meeting everyone. I live in socal and attended ucsd.

I'm in need of housing and have done zero research. woot.

Has anyone seen a facebook group for our class? I would love to put faces to screen names and meet my classmates! :)

You should start a facebook group for the c/o 2012. Post a link and I'll join :)

I'd be down to join a facebook group if someone starts one :)

Facebook doesn't have a network for Touro...We should request them to start a Touro University or TU-C network.

Members don't see this ad :)
Facebook doesn't have a network for Touro...We should request them to start a Touro University or TU-C network.

Anteater, have you decided to attend TU? I think you were at my interview but in the other group.

Yea mine was also, i remember because you were from uci.

yup, I'm the guy who drove from Orange County. haha I actually drove to all of my interviews (Touro in Oct, UOP in Jan, and UCSF in Feb). It was really lonely on the I-5 freeway. haha

yup, I'm the guy who drove from Orange County. haha I actually drove to all of my interviews (Touro in Oct, UOP in Jan, and UCSF in Feb). It was really lonely on the I-5 freeway. haha

Haha i feel ya man i had to drive from LA.

Oh I know. I drove to my ucsf interview from San Diego and couldn't stand the drive! It was pouring rain most of the time, so that's why I flew to Touro for my interview. Much much better but definitely more pricey.

Haha i feel ya man i had to drive from LA.

Hi everyone -
I am looking forward to meeting you all in August! I live in the Seattle area, so I think I will be moving to Vallejo beginning of July. I am looking for housing as well. BTW, I'm a girl and will probably be looking for one roommate. I can't imagine being able to study in a house with more than 2 other roommates!

Hey all,

My name is Leslie, I'm currently a 1st year COP student (2 weeks left!) - saw your posting and wanted to give you our facebook page to explore (it's not that exciting yet, we just started it up).

Please feel free to ask me any questions - I'm happy to help and look forward to meeting you all @ orientation!

Take care - Leslie

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2343484394

I'm looking for a roommate at the moment...PM me if anyone is currently looking also.

Hi everyone! I am currently living in San diego, graduated from UCI and am soo excited to start school. I am currently looking for 1 roomate who is willing to share a 2 bed/2 bath place off the island.

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone is looking for housing on mare island? I'm renting a house on the island and have one room available. Please let me know if you are interested. females preferred.

Thanks.

Hi everyone!! I was just wondering if anyone else (girls only!) was looking for a roommate!! I've been looking into apt prices in vallejo....while the 1 bdrms are decently priced, it is much more feasible to get a 2 bdrm so we can split utilities. I'm easy to get along with, and I think it could be a lot of fun! I'm looking into things close to Touro...I'll be visiting the area from June 3rd-10th, so if anyone wants to meet up and go apartment hunting, I'm down!!

Thanks!

PM me.

Hello Everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone is looking for housing on mare island? I'm renting a house on the island and have one room available. Please let me know if you are interested. females preferred.

Thanks.

I am interested in renting a room. I have 2 cats, so please let me know if this is a problem. Otherwise, I'd be interested in more information.
Thank you!

Emily

hi everyone,

i'm wondering if anyone (female) is looking for housing and is interested in finding one with me. Or anyone looking for a female roommate? I'm pretty quiet and laid back. However, I'm allergic to cats!

also, is having a car an absolute necessity? (I do get the impression that it is)

Can you please share some info regarding renting a house or room on the Island close to school?

Thank you

i have one room available in a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 story 2000 square foot home.

discounts for you touro students too!

driving distance, realistically with traffic lights and all that, you can make it to class in about 12 - 15 minutes.

you're 5 minutes away from target shopping area, the freeways, the movie theatre, 7-11 ( for late night munchies), and costco.

if you like to cook, we do have a stove and oven we all share as well as a microwave and we also have an all season lemon tree in the back.

the room can be FULLY FURNISHED if you want, and each room comes with high speed wireless internet, cable TV with about 200+ channels,

access to washer and dryer downstairs, and best of all, one of your room mates works at starbucks!

if you are interested, feel free to e-mail me at

[email protected]

and like i said, discount rent for touro students!

Phew, just got back from Vallejo and coordinating a room to rent in Vallejo Heights (just across the blue bridge). Just saw the book list yesterday (!!!!!!!!). Any current students want to share some feedback on the selection?

Hey everyone i'm not a touro student, but my best friend goes there and I always visit her. I would recommend you guys check out Fountain Plaza in vallejo. The Rent has gone up every year because this is one of the apartments where a lot of students live. Its like 15 mins from campus and the apartments are really nice. My friend lived there for 3 years and it seemed safe...compared to other apartments. Good luck :)

Do you know where I can buy a reasonable mattress?

is anyone still looking for a female roommate? i am 23 years old and will be in the 1st year PharmD program at Touro. Hope someone is still looking....:)

Do you think we are going to use what we are learning in school now as a pharmacist?

Hi, I have a room for rent in my 2 bed 2 bath apartment in Fountain Plaza.

It's a very safe and quiet neighborhood.

Rent is 615/month + utilities.

You'll be sharing it with a 4th year female pharmacy student. She's barely home so it's like you have the whole apartment to yourself.

Please message me if you are interested. Thank You.

so...i got placed on "high alternate" waitlist :(. I really really want to go to touro. my friends said i should email someone who is part of the pharmD admissions team and keep inquiring about my status so that they know that i am interested. does anyone know who to email in admissions?? thanks a lot for eveyrone's help :)

if any of you guys still go to this forum, can you provide me some feedback by PM.. i'm hearing different things and would like to get some more opinions about the school.

Last edited:
Do you think we are going to use what we are learning in school now as a pharmacist?

You will definitely use what your are learning in pharmacy school during your last year of rotations. If you go work in retail there is a very good chance you will forget a large % of what you learned.

After finishing LIU I went to work in CVS for a year. I realized that I was forgetting many of the things that I learned in school so I got a hospital job. Now I love my job and really feel like an important part of the health care team and most importantly I learn new things all the time.

I hope this thread is still active.

I am a PGY1 student starting on fall 2010. I am looking for roommates/friends. If you have a room available and need a roommate, I will be happy to see the place. Or, if you are looking for a roommate I would be glad to talk or meet. I live in San Jose now.

Hi guys,

We are hiring Out-Patient Pharmacist (PT/ FT/ Floaters) in Northern California ( San Francisco area/ Santa Rosa/ Novato/ Rhona park/ Eureka) with a great benefit and salary. Please email me if you are intrested

Thank you,
Mandy.

Hi Guys,
I am a recent dental graduate from Tufts in Boston. I will be moving to the area to do a residency program at VA in Mare Island. I posting here because I am looking for a roommate to share a 2 bed/2bath apartment at the lodge at Napa junction. I will start the lease at the end of June or beginning of July. Take a look at the link below and if you are interested please email me at [email protected]

http://www.woodmontrentals.com/lodge-at-napa-junction-apartments