You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Touro University - CA Fall 2011 Applicants
Started by dnguyen401
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone got a letter invitation to do the supplemental application?
No, I'm still waiting. Their website said that it would be sent by mail so that is probably why it is taking longer. Hopefully I will get it by this week. Did you get yours? Also, did you check PharmCAS to see if Northstate received all your supplemental materials?
No, I'm still waiting. Their website said that it would be sent by mail so that is probably why it is taking longer. Hopefully I will get it by this week. Did you get yours? Also, did you check PharmCAS to see if Northstate received all your supplemental materials?
I got an e-mail earlier today. But I'm not sure if it's an invite or not. It says...
"Your PharmCAS primary application has been received and reviewed by the Touro University California College of Pharmacy Admissions and Standards Committee. Congratulations on successfully completing the first phase of the admissions process...To begin this next phase in the admissions process, you must first complete and submit the Supplemental Application, which includes a personal statement...."
At the end of the e-mail, there are instructions on where to find the supplemental link. Did you get this e-mail too?
As for Northstate, they received all of my required documents according to PharmCAS 👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long ago did you apply? I received emails from other schools (MWU, UMN...), but not from Touro.
I submitted PharmCAS on 6/28.
hey guys, i'm just browsing, and was wondering about this university. i am in the process of completing my pharmcas application and felt it would be beneficial to apply to a few more schools than the two i am targeting. is this institution particularly hard to get into? i haven't heard of this college of pharmacy before...
hey guys, i'm just browsing, and was wondering about this university. i am in the process of completing my pharmcas application and felt it would be beneficial to apply to a few more schools than the two i am targeting. is this institution particularly hard to get into? i haven't heard of this college of pharmacy before...
It's a fairly new school and it's located in CA. Anything worth having doesn't come easy...
thanks, and very true. i really want to stay on the west coast, and i'm heavily debating applying here. the admin. seems like a pretty good team, but the dean is an astrophysicist/math guy. i'm not too sure how well an astro doctor will translate into a school of pharm dean. ohhhh why not. i'm applying 🙂It's a fairly new school and it's located in CA. Anything worth having doesn't come easy...
thanks, and very true. i really want to stay on the west coast, and i'm heavily debating applying here. the admin. seems like a pretty good team, but the dean is an astrophysicist/math guy. i'm not too sure how well an astro doctor will translate into a school of pharm dean. ohhhh why not. i'm applying 🙂
It doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!
Anyone got an interview invite?
For those that did...are you guys staying at the Marriott hotel that they recommend staying at?
For those that did...are you guys staying at the Marriott hotel that they recommend staying at?
I'm debating about it. I might drive to Touro on the day of the interview
Anyone got an interview invite?
For those that did...are you guys staying at the Marriott hotel that they recommend staying at?
I haven't scheduled my interview yet but probably the 14th of October.
I haven't scheduled my interview yet but probably the 14th of October.
Cool, we might interview on the same day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cool, we might interview on the same day.
Awesome. Have you been able to call in to schedule an interview? There's never an answer every time I call 😕
Awesome. Have you been able to call in to schedule an interview? There's never an answer every time I call 😕
Same. I even left a message but they never called back. Probably closed for the week. I'll try again on Monday.
Cheers.
Same. I even left a message but they never called back. Probably closed for the week. I'll try again on Monday.
Cheers.
Yeah, I'll try again on Monday.
Yeah, I'll try again on Monday.
I called on Tuesday and was sent to a voicemail. I just left a message and she called back maybe an hour later. I scheduled mine for the 14th.
I called on Tuesday and was sent to a voicemail. I just left a message and she called back maybe an hour later. I scheduled mine for the 14th.
Hopefully I get a call back soon.
Finally got a call back. My interview is scheduled next month, October 13th!
I know the supplemental's personal statement asks for about a page in length, but did you guys write about a page in single-space or double-space?
Basically how many words did you guys write?
I wrote a page in single-space.
Finally got a call back. My interview is scheduled next month, October 13th!
Oh good that they finally got back to you. We won't interview the same day but good luck! and let us know how it goes.
Does Touro want quarter hours to be converted to semester hours when we fill out the pre-req check list?
There is a pre-req sheet...I got my invitation for supplemental...and there is no pre-req sheet...where do I get that?
There is no pre-req sheet for the supplemental. They use your PharmCAS app for this.
There is a pre-req sheet...I got my invitation for supplemental...and there is no pre-req sheet...where do I get that?
Hi,
How soon does Touro send out supplemental invitation after they received your pharmcas?
I'm currently waiting for it too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Touro just asked me to fill out their supplemental. I would start on it if I wasn't so busy. For those that got an interview, how long did it take you to receive it from the time you sent in your supplemental?
Touro just asked me to fill out their supplemental. I would start on it if I wasn't so busy. For those that got an interview, how long did it take you to receive it from the time you sent in your supplemental?
Touro received my supplemental on 9/3 and I got an email invitation for interview on 9/7.
for those who have scheduled an interview, were you able to know certain interview dates before you scheduled? I thought it'd be more convenient if I know what dates are available so I can arrange my time, cos I have an important lab class this fall.
Thank you!
Thank you!
I have a question about the supplemental. The third question says "List your favorite extracurricular activities and non-academic interests". Am I supposed to just list the activities out (ex. My favorite extra-curricular activities are blah, blah and blah), or am I supposed to write a paragraph and explain why they are my favorite activities/interests? I'm so confused. Please help!
I have a question about the supplemental. The third question says "List your favorite extracurricular activities and non-academic interests". Am I supposed to just list the activities out (ex. My favorite extra-curricular activities are blah, blah and blah), or am I supposed to write a paragraph and explain why they are my favorite activities/interests? I'm so confused. Please help!
I was confused about the same question as well. I called admissions and was told to just list them. so I just listed them in a short paragraph format.
I have a question about the supplemental. The third question says "List your favorite extracurricular activities and non-academic interests". Am I supposed to just list the activities out (ex. My favorite extra-curricular activities are blah, blah and blah), or am I supposed to write a paragraph and explain why they are my favorite activities/interests? I'm so confused. Please help!
I listed my activities 👍
I called on Tuesday and was sent to a voicemail. I just left a message and she called back maybe an hour later. I scheduled mine for the 14th.
I was thinking of scheduling mine for the 14th also. Since it's rolling admission, do you think I should schedule it for the 13th instead? Would 1 day really make a difference? Opinions please?
Last edited:
I'm debating about it. I might drive to Touro on the day of the interview
Where do you live? I'm thinking of driving on the day too.. but It's a 2 hour drive and I'm kind of scared driving on my own to a new place.
Anyone interviewing soon?
It says on pharmcas that you can submit PCAT scores (not required). Anyone doing this? (asking for someone else)
Where do you live? I'm thinking of driving on the day too.. but It's a 2 hour drive and I'm kind of scared driving on my own to a new place.
I actually changed my mind and think that I'm going to get a hotel the day before the interview. Does anyone know of any hotels by Touro, besides the Marriott? I am looking for something a bit inexpensive.
Anyone interviewing soon?
My interview is on the 6th. When is your interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview is on the 6th. When is your interview?
The 13th. Let me know how your interview goes & gluck!

for the people who already finished their supplementals, did you guys use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions, or did you write more and had to attach another sheet of paper? i'm not quite sure how much i'm supposed to write. the space provided for each question is so little...
for the people who already finished their supplementals, did you guys use only the space provided on the form to answer the questions, or did you write more and had to attach another sheet of paper? i'm not quite sure how much i'm supposed to write. the space provided for each question is so little...
I used the space provided 👍
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K

