Touro University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anywone heard anything about april interview? any updates? it's been quite...

Members don't see this ad.

touro is still in the interview process? I think from now on, they will put all the late interview apps in the waitlist....:(

Members don't see this ad :)
sooo just curious does anyone know if touro has started looking at the waitlisters??? meaning anyone get an acceptance from the waitlist?

sooo just curious does anyone know if touro has started looking at the waitlisters??? meaning anyone get an acceptance from the waitlist?

same here, wondering when touro start looking at waitlisters. Heard it should be somewhere in late may or beginning of June.

same here, wondering when touro start looking at waitlisters. Heard it should be somewhere in late may or beginning of June.

I heard the same... that seems so far away :(

i called the school and they said they would update the waitlist...They also said that if students were placed on the waitlist, they will not be moved up or down....soooo confusing....i actually don't know what they are trying to do with the waitlisted students:confused:

i called the school and they said they would update the waitlist...They also said that if students were placed on the waitlist, they will not be moved up or down....soooo confusing....i actually don't know what they are trying to do with the waitlisted students:confused:

Well...hope they don't move waitlister down but just up =).

Hey is anyone else interviewing at Touro on May 12? I got my interview invitation 2 wks ago...seems like they interview all the way through end of May.

what the heck does that mean?? literally very confusing... does anyone know the stats from last year.. like how many waitlisters eventually get in??? anyone??

umm maybe by sayin the students are not moved up or down.. they mean that each student is numbered in each high, medium and low waitlist??

you think??

Hey is anyone else interviewing at Touro on May 12? I got my interview invitation 2 wks ago...seems like they interview all the way through end of May.

Wow..good luck with your interview!!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

wow.... so I still have hope, I just completed my application in Apr 2, and haven't heard anything since then. i was afraid that there will be no more interview after Apr. When did you submit your application?

I don't know the exact date I submitted everything, but I know it was only a few days before their deadline...was honestly very surprised they gave me an interview. I called Touro yesterday and they informed me that the only two interview dates they have left are May 12 and May 13. If you really want to go there, I suggest you keep calling them!!

I don't know the exact date I submitted everything, but I know it was only a few days before their deadline...was honestly very surprised they gave me an interview. I called Touro yesterday and they informed me that the only two interview dates they have left are May 12 and May 13. If you really want to go there, I suggest you keep calling them!!

Thanks Chloe29, I called and they told me to email Julie. I did but no response yet. I think i applied too late. :( Good luck with your interiew

The deadline for second deposit of tuition is May 15th, so probably after that time admissions will find out who's going to attend to the school and the free places is going to be available after May 15th... Good luck and best wishes for those who are on waitlist :luck::luck::luck::luck:

any news guys? It is now mid May. Wait-list people should now be getting accepted or move down. Anyone!!!???

any news guys? It is now mid May. Wait-list people should now be getting accepted or move down. Anyone!!!???

Yesterday was the last interview at Touro, we expect to hear some news soon.

For the people who interviewed on May 12 & May 13, we are supposed to hear back on May 28. I am assuming that is the same time there will be movement on the waitlist...that is what we were told by Mr. Davis.

For the people who interviewed on May 12 & May 13, we are supposed to hear back on May 28. I am assuming that is the same time there will be movement on the waitlist...that is what we were told by Mr. Davis.

Did they mention anything about their expected movement of the waitlist?

To those of you who will be attending Touro next Fall, congratulations and welcome. As a current Touro student finishing my first year, I can relate to the anxiety that those of you who are on the waitlist must be feeling. Please try to stay patient and keep your hopes up. If it was up to me I would accept all of you, as long as you are truly passionate about pharmacy and helping others. Those who have been accepted or will soon be accepted will receive a student email account that you can use to communicate with fellow classmates, faculty, administration, etc... This is the best way to introduce yourself and find possible roommates.

Please keep in mind that you are all in professional school now, and that everything you say, write, and do will reflect upon you as a health care professional. So I advise that you use careful discretion about what you write, say, and do from here on out (ahem, this means your facebook too). You don't want to be looked down upon by your peers for some little joke that was misinterpreted and turned out to be a big deal. And the only reason why I say this is because I've seen it happen quite often over the course of my first year. I just want to give you all a fair warning. It's okay to be yourself, just be courteous, respectful and above all, just use common sense.

Some of your classmates have already sent me private messages with questions and concerns they have had and I tried my best to answer them as thoroughly as I can. Please feel free to do the same if any of you are wondering what to expect in the near future. Good luck class of 2014!

To Current Students,

The school requires you to either buy health insurance through them or through a private company. I was wondering if the health insurance provided by the school is worth getting or should I look for outside private insurance company instead?

The school insurance is $2100 a year or is it only for the months that we are enrolled in school. Is that reasonable? What does the school insurance cover?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone !!! I'm also placed on high wait list. I wish we knew how many people were on the HP list and the amount accepted from last year. Then again, I'm sure things change from year to year. At least we can be support for each other during the waiting process :)

I got an acceptance email today, I was on High Wait List.

Wow. Congrat emc. I'm on high wl too. I hope to hear good news soon. Congrat again :D

hey congrats that u get in m also in high waiting
may i know yr GPA and do u have pharmacy experience?

CONGRATS!!! You must be sooo relieved !! I'm curious, did you send in a letter of intent and/or additional letters of rec?

Hey everyone! so Im just wondering... were in late may now... i know one person said they got accepted from the high waitlist..

has anyone else recieved any good news??

hey congrats that u get in m also in high waiting
may i know yr GPA and do u have pharmacy experience?

I was out of town for the extended weekend. I have an average gpa compared to last years applicants and I worked as a pharmacy technician while I was finishing my bachelors. A total of about 1.5 years of pharmacy experience including volunteer work.

CONGRATS!!! You must be sooo relieved !! I'm curious, did you send in a letter of intent and/or additional letters of rec?

Yes I did send a letter of itent, however I did not send any additional letters of rec.

I thought they look at all high waitlisters together and then make their decisions.. i guess not?

thanks EMC i appreciate yr reply
i have high GPA n 10 mnths of pharmacy exp as tech m just waitin i dont know till wat date they gonna reply or wat????

i just sent out a notice of continued interest..hmm..hopefully will hear back from them soon.

i just sent out a notice of continued interest..hmm..hopefully will hear back from them soon.

Checkerbeary, how long was your letter of intent? thanks

so im extremely extremely curious... has any other waitlisters gotten accepted to touro thus far??

Interviewed May 12 and received acceptance on May 28 :)

Do any of you know about the laptop requirement for Touro? Does it mean that each student has to carry his/her own laptop to school everyday?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

For those who are attending in the Fall, I know we just got our student emails today.

When is a good time to start looking for a place to live?? I guess I want to start finding roommates soon!!

Congrats emc.. Anyone else got accepted from high waitlist?

Do any of you know about the laptop requirement for Touro? Does it mean that each student has to carry his/her own laptop to school everyday?
Thanks in advance for your answer.

Hey there,

I am going to be a P2 this year, and yes we take our laptops with us to school everyday since it makes notetaking alot easier. Just any functional laptop will do, it will become your life! hahahaha.

hey everyone! so any news lately?

Are they done pulling people from the waitlist? I want to keep waiting definitely keep waiting but i have to start doing alot of things for the school i did get into..

Hooray! I'm in! I received my acceptance today! I am so happy! AND... I'm looking forward to hearing (reading) about more of your acceptances too! Woo-hoo! C/O 2014! :rolleyes: