Touro University Nevada- DPT Class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buckeye2419

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Just wanted to see who else got accepted into the DPT program for Touro University Nevada? I'm still waiting on some other CA schools, but Touro is one of my top choices so as of now, it looks like I'll be in the class of 2016. Who else will be joining me? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Do a search, there might be an older thread out. Regardless, congrats!

Thank you! I did a search and didn't find anything for the class of 2016 so hopefully once the rest of the acceptances go out there will be more posts. How do you like PT school so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Buckeye I'm in the same boat as you. We might be classmates in July. :)

PM Litlwarrior08, she should be able to guide you guys along and if the 2016 class began a fb page, etc. Again, congrats.

PM Litlwarrior08, she should be able to guide you guys along and if the 2016 class began a fb page, etc. Again, congrats.

Think they didn't set one up until maybe March last year. Call the office and see if any current student volunteerred / or got assigned to do this. or ask when they plan on getting it going. There is also a site where we could post roommates and rentals its http://www.tunlive.com/ go to classified Ours last year was started by a first yr student. But an email went out from the adm office....jenya ....

Litlwarrior08:

are there any options with the mandated laptop purchase? What's the make/model? is the tech support good? free software after initial purchase? other pros & cons? Thank you

Does anyone know if Touro NV DPT students get a break over the Christmas holiday ? On their calendar there are no holidays or closures shown in December Being a Jewish institution I suppose that it's possible that classes run as normal.

Does anyone know if Touro NV DPT students get a break over the Christmas holiday ? On their calendar there are no holidays or closures shown in December Being a Jewish institution I suppose that it's possible that classes run as normal.

we had a week this year during Christmas time..............During the year there are different schedules for different programs. check the hand book....on line.might not have the 2013-14 dates. we also have a mt off in march, and no classes in june....differs for different years....class of 2013-14-15. we also get many of the Jewish holidays off. still have access to campus to study. campus is only closed 2 days-no access-for high holidays.

Last edited:
we had a week this year during Christmas time..............During the year there are different schedules for different programs. check the hand book....on line.might not have the 2013-14 dates. we also have a mt off in march, and no classes in june....differs for different years....class of 2013-14-15. we also get many of the Jewish holidays off. still have access to campus to study. campus is only closed 2 days-no access-for high holidays.

Thanks Littlewarrior08. You have been a great help to so many of us with our Touro questions. Greco 13 posted a question for you regarding laptops. It's right above my post. I would also be interested in this.

any current touro students who can tell me how clinicals work? are you able to get all 3 sites in the vegas area, or is it possible/necessary to relocate?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Littlewarrior08. You have been a great help to so many of us with our Touro questions. Greco 13 posted a question for you regarding laptops. It's right above my post. I would also be interested in this.

littlewarrior08?

Anyone accepted and not planning to attend? I am on the wait-list and was wondering how long they gave students to send in their deposit.

Anyone accepted and not planning to attend? I am on the wait-list and was wondering how long they gave students to send in their deposit.

Deposit is due 2 weeks from the date on the paper acceptance letter. So depends on how long USPS takes to get the letter to you. I think your chances are good depending on how far you are down the list because, from what I've learned, many people use the school as a backup because there's no interview and it's a relatively easy program to get accepted to. Not to say that it's not a quality program.

Thanks..... I was told over the phone I was accepted and never received a letter so I called a few weeks later to learn they accepted too many people..... so they said if someone does not send in their money I will be sent my letter. I think I am high on the list.
I was just worried because it was my only acceptance so far.

Thanks..... I was told over the phone I was accepted and never received a letter so I called a few weeks later to learn they accepted too many people..... so they said if someone does not send in their money I will be sent my letter. I think I am high on the list.

You were given the thumbs up & then had it revoked because they accepted too many people? unreal.

Ya...... she told me that they had to put a hold on 6 accepted students because they accepted too many. She told me my acceptance letter was sitting in front of her but she cant send it out until someone decides not to come. So im really hoping that someone decides to go somewhere else soon because im super anxious to have an acceptance.

Ya...... she told me that they had to put a hold on 6 accepted students because they accepted too many. She told me my acceptance letter was sitting in front of her but she cant send it out until someone decides not to come. So im really hoping that someone decides to go somewhere else soon because im super anxious to have an acceptance.

only 6? you'll get in. Might take a bit of time for ppl to get offered else where. Still seems early for ppl to be making their final decisions but I'd have to think that @ least 6 people will pull out.

That is so beyond ridiculous. If a program accepts you they should be obligated to see it through. That's their fault, not yours and it's totally unprofessional. I received an acceptance letter a few months ago and had 3 days to submit the deposit because it took usps 11 days to get it to me in AZ. Needless to say I declined lol. Why does there seem to be so many problems with Touro and the admissions process? After reading some other threads, I'm definitely not the only one that this has happened to.

I submitted my secondary apps via email a week before Halloween this year to Jenya who was the admissions lady at the time. I never received a reply from her so I called in to find out that she was no longer working there. The lady I spoke to checked the emails and confirmed that they received my secondary apps. Fast forward to mid January I still never heard anything (I felt the holidays and overload of apps caused delay) so I gave them a call. That same lady I spoke to said they never received my secondary apps. I had to resend them and pull up my old emails to show her that i clearly sent it. She told me she would send it to admission immediately. Now instead of finding out months ago if i got in or not because of the rolling admissions i now have to wait a little longer. Furthermore, it doesn't help to hear that they accepted too many applicants. Great.

I submitted my secondary apps via email a week before Halloween this year to Jenya who was the admissions lady at the time. I never received a reply from her so I called in to find out that she was no longer working there. The lady I spoke to checked the emails and confirmed that they received my secondary apps. Fast forward to mid January I still never heard anything (I felt the holidays and overload of apps caused delay) so I gave them a call. That same lady I spoke to said they never received my secondary apps. I had to resend them and pull up my old emails to show her that i clearly sent it. She told me she would send it to admission immediately. Now instead of finding out months ago if i got in or not because of the rolling admissions i now have to wait a little longer. Furthermore, it doesn't help to hear that they accepted too many applicants. Great.

I would not worry too much.... I think they accept a large amount of students because so many decline. After reading previous posts it seems that they accept students up to the day school starts.
Good luck:)

That is crazy! I hope everything goes as planned!

Hey everyone,

Although I am not going PT, I was recently accepted into the OT program at TUN. We did have an interview part to the application so I actually had the chance to tour the amazing campus. During the interview day it was stated that we HAD to use one of their dell latitude e6430, which we'll receive during Orientation. Im not very fond of it either because I am a mac kinda girl, but I hope this helped :)

Good Luck

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Although I am not going PT, I was recently accepted into the OT program at TUN. We did have an interview part to the application so I actually had the chance to tour the amazing campus. During the interview day it was stated that we HAD to use one of their dell latitude e6430, which we'll receive during Orientation. Im not very fond of it either because I am a mac kinda girl, but I hope this helped :)

Good Luck

Nice to hear that you liked the Touro NV campus. Are the PT students in the same area as OT and what did you like most about the campus ?

Well, I am from texas so first off I was amazed by the surrounding Mountains. At first I thought "Ohh this is Vegas, kinda sketch. " But the strip is about 20 min away and the school is surrounded by nice neighborhoods and shopping centers. I just about fell in love with the fact that they had a Galleria. The school is located in the Warehouse district of Henderson. During my interview day I kept hearing " everyone knows everyone." So it is a smaller school. Im not sure about PT but for OT we only have two classrooms.There are many study rooms, a workout facility, a gym, cafeteria, and 2 cadaver labs ( my favorite). I also loved that for the last 4 years they've had a basketball tournament vs. Touro Cali and 3/4 times we've won. Overall, I loved everything about tun. The faculty seems to care alot for their students. Im just ready for the year to start and to meet everyone.

Sorry I was just writing from the top of my head & although I'm a new OT, I am happy to answer any more questions about my experiences so far.

Well, I am from texas so first off I was amazed by the surrounding Mountains. At first I thought "Ohh this is Vegas, kinda sketch. " But the strip is about 20 min away and the school is surrounded by nice neighborhoods and shopping centers. I just about fell in love with the fact that they had a Galleria. The school is located in the Warehouse district of Henderson. During my interview day I kept hearing " everyone knows everyone." So it is a smaller school. Im not sure about PT but for OT we only have two classrooms.There are many study rooms, a workout facility, a gym, cafeteria, and 2 cadaver labs ( my favorite). I also loved that for the last 4 years they've had a basketball tournament vs. Touro Cali and 3/4 times we've won. Overall, I loved everything about tun. The faculty seems to care alot for their students. Im just ready for the year to start and to meet everyone.

Sorry I was just writing from the top of my head & although I'm a new OT, I am happy to answer any more questions about my experiences so far.

Cheerchiq,

Could you tell me a little bit about the cost of housing in Henderson? Where I go to school now most students pay between $300 and $400 for an apartment. Would that be reasonable for Henderson as well with a roommate or two? Also are there affordable apartments within walking distance of the University?

Thank you!

tunlive.com has a listing of all of the apartments close to campus. Also, in the classified section there are town home and house listings. I would say they'd run from $300- $600 depending on how many people you are living with.

tunlive.com -> about -> housing information

Update: I heard that parking isn't that great, so some students said that It would be easier to ride a bike.

Last edited:
I understand that they are going through a changing of the hands so to speak but they need to get organized ASAP. Just got an email saying my deposit was received. Thing is....I declined my acceptance back in Nov or Dec. Needless to say I checked my bank account pretty quickly lol

Did they tell you that you were on the "high wait list"? I just received an email notifying me that i was on this list, but im trying to figure out how many people they placed on this list? Perhaps the 6 your talking about...

Did they tell you that you were on the "high wait list"? I just received an email notifying me that i was on this list, but im trying to figure out how many people they placed on this list? Perhaps the 6 your talking about...

I'd imagine that they keep a pretty deep wait list.

There are many study rooms, a workout facility, a gym, cafeteria, and 2 cadaver labs ( my favorite). I also loved that for the last 4 years they've had a basketball tournament vs. Touro Cali and 3/4 times we've won.

There are 2 cadaver labs but you will only use one. PT's have two main classrooms but use many others. For example, during Anatomy you will share a classroom with PA's.

"The Big Game" is our annual game against TUC. We have only played them 3 times and have won all 3! Go TUN!

tunlive.com has a listing of all of the apartments close to campus. Also, in the classified section there are town home and house listings. I would say they'd run from $300- $600 depending on how many people you are living with.

tunlive.com -> about -> housing information

Update: I heard that parking isn't that great, so some students said that It would be easier to ride a bike.

or car pool w/ others from you complex or area. Many walk too.

I just received the "High Wait List" email even though I was told I was accepted so who knows what going on with this school!

I just received the "High Wait List" email even though I was told I was accepted so who knows what going on with this school!

I received the same.. i'm starting to get the feeling that everyone received the "High" wait list llol

As an institution, I find this situation very unprofessional.

My guess is the High Waitlist notification was sent to a very small number of applicants who are likely to be accepted very soon. It sounds like someone who works in admissions has made some mistakes and gave out the wrong information. If you received a High Waitlist you should hear something as soon as those who get other offers decline. There are still alot of schools that haven't made decisions yet.

I declined my acceptance to Touro after sending in my deposit couple weeks ago today as I am planning on staying in California. I got accepted into Loma Linda DPT program which I am pretty much dead set on attending. Hope this alleviates some of your worries. I am one of those 6 people hahaha.

I wouldn't worry too much right now. There are so many schools that won't reach decisions until late Feb. early March and I know of a few people who actually got accepted only a few weeks before school started. I know it's really stressful not knowing, but just be patient:oops: The admissions committees have a lot going on right now. TUN is also hiring a new program director as the current one is retiring in July.
For those of you asking about holidays, here is the 2013 calendar:

http://tun.touro.edu/about-touro/university-calendar/

I visited Touro last weekend and really liked it. Henderson is such a quiet little place and everything is so close you could literally bike everywhere (well, maybe not in July/Aug):cool:

I hope those of you on the waitlist hear soon! I know how stressful the wait can be. CA schools are taking forever!

:)

Hey guys, I am withdrawing my acceptance from Touro Nevada so that should open up a spot for those on the waitlist! I just got accepted to the UTEP program in Texas and tuition is 3x less than Touro.

Good luck to you guys, I know the waiting game is dreadful. :)

Hey guys, I am withdrawing my acceptance from Touro Nevada so that should open up a spot for those on the waitlist! I just got accepted to the UTEP program in Texas and tuition is 3x less than Touro.

Good luck to you guys, I know the waiting game is dreadful. :)

Thanks for letting us know! did you withdraw today? and does Touro return deposits?

Anyone else heard anything from Touro lately? I was told in late January that I was on the high wait list and then got another email last week that said I was still on the wait list. I guess they really wanted to drive home their point haha

Thanks for letting us know! did you withdraw today? and does Touro return deposits?

I actually withdrew yesterday. I had to make sure I did well on my advance physiology class required for UTEP before I pulled the plug. Haha. Good luck to you.

I just received an email today saying i was accepted. Hopefully they don't take it back like they did before. Good luck to everyone who is one the wait list.

Congrats to those who got accepted! I have also been accepted to the program. I plan to visit the campus very soon but for those who are currently attending Touro, could you please link some housing options near campus (i.e. where most students reside). I would like to consider my options before making the trip out there. Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

TUN LIVE is pretty helpful
http://www.tunlive.com/ click on the top bar for classified............there are a lot of rentals, roommates wanted. good place to network

also on tunlive http://www.tunlive.com/about/housing A list of nearby apts and contacts, the first 4 are were most students live, some are not listed like Firenez at Russel and Boulder highway, abt 15 min from campus.

apartment guide for henderson: for just google aptarments in henderson NV
http://www.apartmentguide.com/apart...rch=1&ef_id=UJdQ7QAAWGbCatFL:20130313014408:s

If you do a google view street view of the campus and nearby apts, you should be able to id the neighborhoods especially helpful when looking at rentals in homes. Costs have a wide range dependent on what you want and how many are sharing. then don't forget utilities......and move in costs......

highway system is pretty good even if you are w/in 10 miles and off the highway you can get to school quickly, think google also post current drive times...........so you can explore before you go.
good luck

Congrats to those who got accepted! I have also been accepted to the program. I plan to visit the campus very soon but for those who are currently attending Touro, could you please link some housing options near campus (i.e. where most students reside). I would like to consider my options before making the trip out there. Thanks in advance, much appreciated!

Im interested as well. I was wondering if students live in houses of apartments. and are there neighborhoods close to the school.
I will mot be coming to visit the school until a week before school starts so I will have a short period of time to find a place to live.
Thanks