Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dqkt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who was waitlisted for Touro get any letters the past month? After I was notified that I'm a high alternate, I got maybe one or two letters. I've haven't heard anything from them since my last letter.

Members don't see this ad.

dqkt said:
Has anyone who was waitlisted for Touro get any letters the past month? After I was notified that I'm a high alternate, I got maybe one or two letters. I've haven't heard anything from them since my last letter.

:scared: Same thing happened here. It's kind of wierd since I was expecting more letters, or so was implied by the first letter that I had received in the past month and 1/2. :idea: I don't understand what is happening behind the scene, but I think they have a strategie. Although, I'm not sure what. :D

I'm interested in applying to Touro next year. Would you mind letting me know why you think you were wait-listed? Like what was your gpa, if you don't mind saying. Did you have pharmacy experience? A girl in my o-chem class told me she was accepted to Touro with a 3.01 GPA and had 2 years of volunteer pharmacy experience. I'm just curious to see what Touro is looking for in an applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
booboo_chile said:
I'm interested in applying to Touro next year. Would you mind letting me know why you think you were wait-listed? Like what was your gpa, if you don't mind saying. Did you have pharmacy experience? A girl in my o-chem class told me she was accepted to Touro with a 3.01 GPA and had 2 years of volunteer pharmacy experience. I'm just curious to see what Touro is looking for in an applicant.

The main reason students get wait-listed at Touro and other pharmacy schools is timing. The early bird gets the worm. I applied with a 3.3 gpa early and got accepted; however, there were other students with better GPAs that I know of who applied later than I did but didn't get in. Later on in the app process students were applying with masters degrees which further made them competitive.

DrugMan said:
The main reason students get wait-listed at Touro and other pharmacy schools is timing. The early bird gets the worm. I applied with a 3.3 gpa early and got accepted; however, there were other students with better GPAs that I know of who applied later than I did but didn't get in. Later on in the app process students were applying with masters degrees which further made them competitive.

Thanks DrugMan! I didn't know that the early bird gets the worm. I will definately apply early next year!