Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anh80

Going through PharmD
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is it normal to not have gotten the supp app yet?? It was sent out by pharmCAS on the 18th of sept.. gah.. and I know UOP, Midwestern, Western have them... I"m thinking maybe they rejected me already..

Is it normal to not have gotten the supp app yet?? It was sent out by pharmCAS on the 18th of sept.. gah.. and I know UOP, Midwestern, Western have them... I"m thinking maybe they rejected me already..

Don't worry hang in there, its still relatively early.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone got any acceptance letter from touro? I had my interview last friday...and the wait is killing me. :scared:

Hey so were you early decision?

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, how was the interview? What questions did they have? What was the essay topic on? Any advice when you go up there?

I finally got my supplemental application invite..

for the supplemental application, it says please type response. is it okay to hand print it? i don't have a type writer.

you can go on their website and find the supplemental online application and type on that.

you can go on their website and find the supplemental online application and type on that.

Can you guys believe that they only allow 400 characters for you to answer "Name a challenge that pharmacists will face in the future and your solution to the problem". 400 characters equals to like 4 sentences!! What are they expecting out of short response like this?!?!

Is that the essay question from the interview? If you went, how was the interview. May I ask what questions they asked. thank you.

Can you guys believe that they only allow 400 characters for you to answer "Name a challenge that pharmacists will face in the future and your solution to the problem". 400 characters equals to like 4 sentences!! What are they expecting out of short response like this?!?!

I know, hahah. that was way too little space for me also,.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone get invitation for interviews to Touro for year of 2007 yet?

I know, hahah. that was way too little space for me also,.

Just so you guys know, I called Touro today and asked them about the character limit. Julie said that we can write the short responses on a separate sheet of paper and attach it with the application. She also emphasized that the responses should still remain brief. I really don't want to deal with the ridiculous space limitation so Im just going to attach it.

Did anyone get accepted to Touro university yet? if so, how long does it take to get the acceptance letter?

Did anyone get accepted to Touro university yet? if so, how long does it take to get the acceptance letter?

Last year Touro sent out acceptance letters pretty quickly, around 2 weeks after the interview. Good Luck!

Anyone got interview on that date?

Has anyone gone to the interview at Touro yet?

The 1st interview for Touro was sept 26 (fri), i don't remember the date, 2 wks ago. My bro was the first gp tat got interviewed, he got the letter of acceptance on Fri. gpa 3.3. from uc davis, no extracurricular activities, only volunteered for a pharmacist. They said they got 4000 apps last year, and only interviewed 400. You have 2 wks 2 deposit 2k, so if it is a backup, might have 2 think abt this. good luck every1.

Congrats!!!! i don't understand why the deposit is 2k, this is ridiculous. how was the group interview like? I have never been to one.

2K???? That is just unreasonable. How do they justify it??? I can understand anywhere from $100 - $500... but is finding another candidate to fill the spot really that hard for them (or any other school)? Daaannngggg...

Still waiting to hear back from Touro =/ But from a financial standpoint, if I was a school, I'd make my deposit as cheap as possible. This way, people would be more willing to make a deposit and back out later if they get into a better school. $2000 is just too much regardless. Even if it is your #1 choice, how many people have $2000 sitting around? $1000 should be tops and that's already pushing it.

Congrats to your bro who got in!

Since Touro is new a lot of people use them as a back up school. So I'm guessing that their thinking is to try to only get people that really want to go to that school by charging a high deposit. I think it's dumb and it looses them a lot of good candidates. Especially those who just can't afford it.

Thanks for the congrats. I thought 4000 apps was unrealistic since schls in CA receive around 2000 apps. Maybe a lot of ppl are using Touro as a backup. Out of the group that interviewed with my brother, he was the only 1 from California. 1 was from Washington, Michigan,....Well, 1 of the questions they asked him if they had to pick 1 person out of the group to attend Touro or why they should pick him out of the group, smthg like that. If you guys want to know more I could ask my brother. We actually applied together, but I didn't get invite to fill out a supplemental application. My GPA is 3.1, my friend around 3.1 too, and she didn't get to go on 2 the next phase of the application. I guess they have a GPA cutoff. Good luck, and hopefully all of us will get in somewhere.

It seems very competitive :eek: I was considering applying, but I might have to re-consider now.

Actually we both applied last year and got rejected. We didn't even get invited for an interview. We turned in our apps end of Nov, this year we turned in July. So as long as you have the GPA above their cutoff GPA, and apply early, you should get invite for an interview. We reused our PS from last year, so our applications didn't improve that much, lol, and trust me, our PSs suck. So the main thing is to apply early. The timeline 2 wks for deposit is kinda of troublesome though.

Since last year Touro didn't join pharmcas, and this year they did, we had to submit new letters of rec through pharmcas.

what if this year you send in your application and since this year they are part of pharmcas... does anyone know if we will be required to just send in 1 additional LOR next year? similarly to Western?

Congrat on your brother getting in. Did he say how the essay portion was? How was the interview over all, Was it tough? Is the writing portion a response to an article or just to questions? How many topics can he choose to write his essay? And how nice were the people interviewing your brother? Out of his group, how many people got accepted?

I apologize for throwing a bunch of questions at you, I am just curious. Any insight would be helpful. One thing though is their deposit request is a bit much.

what if this year you send in your application and since this year they are part of pharmcas... does anyone know if we will be required to just send in 1 additional LOR next year? similarly to Western?

Yes. I had 3 pharmCAS LOR's (pharmacist, volunteer director, science prof) but was missing another from a science professor/advisor. I had to send that in separately, otherwise, my file was considered incomplete.

Yay! I got an interview invitation! :)

Yay! I got an interview invitation! :)

Congrats on the interview! Just curious, Im working on the supp essay right now. Did you write your essay in regards to describing personal characteristics and relating how those characteristics go with pharmacy? Thanks!

Yeah snail mail, my dad called me and told me a letter came (I'm currently at UC-Davis and all my pharmacy mail goes back home to the bay area).

I scheduled an interview for October 27th

and for my essay... I didn't relate it to pharmacy really, I talked mainly about personal qualities..

honestly this is what I did..

I was sick and tired of writing these essays so i just merged my UCSF paragraph essay asking this same question with "what is your strongest personal attribute" from Western's essay and ended it with "what qualities will you bring to USC" essay.

Of course I changed the names of the school lol..

Yeah snail mail, my dad called me and told me a letter came (I'm currently at UC-Davis and all my pharmacy mail goes back home to the bay area).

I scheduled an interview for October 27th

and for my essay... I didn't relate it to pharmacy really, I talked mainly about personal qualities..

honestly this is what I did..

I was sick and tired of writing these essays so i just merged my UCSF paragraph essay asking this same question with "what is your strongest personal attribute" from Western's essay and ended it with "what qualities will you bring to USC" essay.

Of course I changed the names of the school lol..

hey polarbear,

i got a snail mail for touro this morning and i'm also scheduled to be interviewed on the 27th as well! So i guess i'll be seeing a fellow sdn member on that day.

on second thought, maybe i should have asked for a later interview date. because if accepted, i have to put down a freakin $2000 deposit. that's insane! I also have a USC interview in november and would prefer to accept their offer over Touro any day!

What should i do, call them to reschedule the interview, or just stick with oct 27th?

I feel the exact same way, mind you I don't have an interview in USC though :oops: .

I think if I don't make a fool out of myself during the interview I have a good chance of being accepted. But the 2k really worried me too! I mean, maybe I will end up just paying it to secure a spot at a pharmacy school next year if I do'nt get in anywhere else, but I was talking to my sister and she thinks I probably will.. I'm not so optimistic, however, but I mean I applied to a total of eight schools. I would really hate to get accepted to another school (touro is my 8th choice lol..) and then just "waste" the 2k. On the other hand, what if I don't get in anywhere else??! Then I might regret not holding my spot at Touro.. I mean 2k is not that much in th GRAND scheme of things, but its a lot now I know.. hmmm

So to answer your question "what should I do?"

I don't know either :confused:

:laugh:

what is snail mail? Do they email you interview invites? Thanks!

Snail Mail = Postal Service Mail

I haven't recieved any e-mails from Touro

ok, so i've decided to reschedule my interview date (oct 27th) to a later date, screw it. I just heard from USC and UOP about my interviews I'll just take my chances and interview with Touro a lil later. I really don't want to hear back from Touro first and have to put down $2k; that's just ridiculous.

As a matter of fact, it doesn't even seem like Touro has accepted anybody yet so I'll probably have a good chance of getting in even if i interview in january. hopefully i'm right, fingers cross X.

BTW, to ppl who have already interviewed in september and this month, would you mind posting your interview feedbacks? The most recent one is back in May so it'd be nice to browse thru recent interview feedback. Thanks in advance!

My friend recently received the supplemental from Touro and apparently Touro has already received ~6000 applicants for this year?! does this sound about right? i have no idea how many applicants each school usually gets, but i know last year USC got like 1000-1500.. so 6000 just sounds crazy.

anyways, i'm worried because it sounds like so many people have already been interviewing and received interviews from Touro.. and Touro just recently received my LORs so i think they will start reviewing me later on next week... how long did it take you guys to hear from Touro about ur interview request after they received all your materials?

Last edited:
DId u guys know that teh $2000 deposit is wrong!!!!!! u have to put down $2000 in two weeks, then after that another $1000. That makes it $3000 deposit total for this crazy school.

What?! Are you serious? How do you know? Were you offered an acceptance letter? $3000 is just too crazy! Are you paying the deposit to hold your spot?

My friend recently received the supplemental from Touro and apparently Touro has already received ~6000 applicants for this year?! does this sound about right? i have no idea how many applicants each school usually gets, but i know last year USC got like 1000-1500.. so 6000 just sounds crazy.

anyways, i'm worried because it sounds like so many people have already been interviewing and received interviews from Touro.. and Touro just recently received my LORs so i think they will start reviewing me later on next week... how long did it take you guys to hear from Touro about ur interview request after they received all your materials?

Really fast!! Like "did they even read my essays.." fast...

I submitted on Thursday and I got a letter for invite on the next Thursday and then I have my interview now following friday after that (this coming Friday). So total from submit supplemental to actual interview 15 days.

-Touro is expecting 3000 applications.. based on last year numbers (2005)...
-Touro currently passed it's precandidate status and just received it's candidate status last June of 2006. Next review 2008.. once first class graduates we'll know if it's fully accredited. Just remember that it can go either way.. no guarantees. If you come here.. you should accept the fact that you may have wasted your time & money or made a good gamble...
-Touro is not looking at applicants with GPA less than 3.2.