Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my supplemental application invite this weekend. Since the main question is so similiar to UCSF's I guess I'll just reuse my response. Good luck to everyone applying...hopefully I'll make it to an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else get an acceptance letter from Touro yet? Beside Phoung's brother, has anyone else got accepted to Touro?

Has anyone else get an acceptance letter from Touro yet? Beside Phoung's brother, has anyone else got accepted to Touro?

A few have..

Members don't see this ad :)
i just went to the october 27th interview. steve davis told us that the adcom will meet on Nov 10th so we'll hear a few days after that.

btw, i was totally shocked at how they recycle their interview questions. They tried changing up the questions a lil but they pretty much used the same situational and ethical questions from the interview forum. good luck guys!

Well... an interview is still an interview. Thank Touro for not being a complete hardass. Besides... though reused they do ask important, relevant questions... rather than asking GRE-style critical thinking essays that doesn't serve much purpose except torturing students. Really now.. as long as you're motivated, know what you're getting yourself into, have adequate intelligence, and sufficient knowledge... you should get in. No need to make interviews harder for the sake of weeding out people who are verbally challenged (ie: scientist/engineers).

I think Touro is an excellent program... just hasn't gotten the reputation. But it's taking an approach 2+2 that should have been done a long time ago...

i just went to the october 27th interview. steve davis told us that the adcom will meet on Nov 10th so we'll hear a few days after that.

btw, i was totally shocked at how they recycle their interview questions. They tried changing up the questions a lil but they pretty much used the same situational and ethical questions from the interview forum. good luck guys!

Can you share your stats with us?

-Touro is expecting 3000 applications.. based on last year numbers (2005)...
-Touro currently passed it's precandidate status and just received it's candidate status last June of 2006. Next review 2008.. once first class graduates we'll know if it's fully accredited. Just remember that it can go either way.. no guarantees. If you come here.. you should accept the fact that you may have wasted your time & money or made a good gamble...
-Touro is not looking at applicants with GPA less than 3.2.

i can write a POWERFUL and moving ESSAY
take easy classes with high GPA
convince the committe for interview
and getting accepted...in the end
i hate this job...what did i just do???

-Touro is expecting 3000 applications.. based on last year numbers (2005)...
-Touro currently passed it's precandidate status and just received it's candidate status last June of 2006. Next review 2008.. once first class graduates we'll know if it's fully accredited. Just remember that it can go either way.. no guarantees. If you come here.. you should accept the fact that you may have wasted your time & money or made a good gamble...
-Touro is not looking at applicants with GPA less than 3.2.

?? are you serious? because i know people with below 3.2 who still got invited to do supplementals.

Can you share your stats with us?

sure, i have a 3.4 overall and a 3.25 science i think, from uc berkeley. i have a butt load of EC and leadership skills on my plate. I submitted by pharmcas early august, got their supplemental 3 weeks later, submitted by supps 3 weeks afater and got an interview a week later. overall, as soon as u send in u'r supplemental, you should hear back from them pretty fast.

Congrats to those that have interviewed and been accepted. I just have some questions for those of you who have gone through the process already. How did u like the program and campus? If you are accpeted to multiple schools, would you consider Touro? I have had multiple interviews and an acceptance. My interveiw is scheduled for this friday, but i have so much stuff going on that i wanted to rescheulde, but the two other dates available were on days of my exams/finals. Any suggestions on what i should do???

?? are you serious? because i know people with below 3.2 who still got invited to do supplementals.

No I don't know for sure.. but they want an overall average of at least 3.2 or above. Let me know how it works out for them. With more applicants with fixed number of spots.. I don't see competition going lower.

To hackthis... why you quote me???

QUOTE]

just to clarify, once they received candidate status, it is valid for 5 yrs. which means students graduating while the school is under candidate status have all the rights equal to students from an accredited school, ie you can sit for the board, take the exam, get ur license, regardless if the school get accredited or not comes graduation of the first class. so since touro got candidate this yr, classes of 2009, 2010, and 2011 would be safe no matter what.

if any school does NOT get full accreditation status when the first graduating class finishes, they have 1 yr to correct it. no one is quiet sure what happens if they don't get accreditation after that one yr, cuz that has never happen. in fact, it's a shock to eveyrone that UCSD and Loma Linda didn't get accreditation this yr, but all their graduates are good to go cuz of the candidate status.

DId u guys know that teh $2000 deposit is wrong!!!!!! u have to put down $2000 in two weeks, then after that another $1000. That makes it $3000 deposit total for this crazy school.

the $1000 doesn't come til pretty late, by then u should pretty much know you're going there 100%.

and yea the 2k is to discourage ppl for using it as a back up school, as a lot of ppl do w/ touro. doing that screw over the admins cuz they'll have a **** load of shuffling to do and also applicants that really want to go, but opportunity might get messed up by the not so serious applicants. it just differentiate between ppl that really want it and those that is using it as an alternative. fyi, all the deposite goes toward your tuition if u attend touro, so you're not really loosing anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
in fact, it's a shock to eveyrone that UCSD and Loma Linda didn't get accreditation this yr, but all their graduates are good to go cuz of the candidate status.

Thanks for correcting. I was going to do that. Yea.. surprised about UCSD and Loma Linda... but didn't they fail b/c they were too hard on their students? New programs usually shift into high gear and overkill students..

Thanks for correcting. I was going to do that. Yea.. surprised about UCSD and Loma Linda... but didn't they fail b/c they were too hard on their students? New programs usually shift into high gear and overkill students..

no one really know what the cause is, but i heard it's pretty minor stuff, it's just the board is cracking the whip on ppl cuz they wanna raise the standards.

My theory on why the ACPE didn't give UCSD and LLU accreditation this year is because of what happened in Hawaii. If you noticed, there have been numerous pharmacy schools opening up within the past few years. The ACPE knows LLU and UCSD are good schools but they want to send a message out to other potential schools that they just aren't being easy with their reviews. That if you want to be fully accredited, you can't just put up a website and start accepting people's money (i.e. Hawaii!). HICP really gave new pharmacy schools a bad name and now people are scared to apply.

At least that's my opinion. I personally know people from LLU and UCSD and from what they tell me, both are doing just fine.

Hi I was wondering, would you guys reccomend sending a thank you letter to those who interviewed you at Touro? I didn't know how to go about doing this because on their website it only lists their phone #, no mail adress.

Is it necessary to send a thank you letter? I feel like I'm dampening my chances by not sending one.. :confused:

It's common courtesy to send thank you note.. preferably hardcopy (err... over the e-card). I'm not sure if it has serious effect on a school's decision but is very important whether or not you view it as your top pick.

My theory on why the ACPE didn't give UCSD and LLU accreditation this year is because of what happened in Hawaii. If you noticed, there have been numerous pharmacy schools opening up within the past few years. The ACPE knows LLU and UCSD are good schools but they want to send a message out to other potential schools that they just aren't being easy with their reviews. That if you want to be fully accredited, you can't just put up a website and start accepting people's money (i.e. Hawaii!). HICP really gave new pharmacy schools a bad name and now people are scared to apply.

At least that's my opinion. I personally know people from LLU and UCSD and from what they tell me, both are doing just fine.

HICP is a complete different story. They weren't even in discussion w/ the board when they decided to enroll. they were never in ANY status, precandidate or whatever. every school that has communicated w/ the ACPE hasn't had any problem w/ moving forward to accredited status. the crack down on UCSD and LL are warnings to other schools to tighten things up thou.

i wonder what they look for. what GPA did they have, creestol?

Hi Polar Bear,

Yeah, I agree with you it's insane of them to charge you thousands of dollars just to reserve a spot. But since you said Touro's your last choice school, you should try to see if you can wait till you hear from the other schools. After they accept you, try to delay your reply somehow if you can. But anyway, good luck!

Steve emailed me back today and told me that i got accepted. Too bad I have to charge so much of the deposit on my credit card. Did anyone else from the Oct 27th interview hear back as well?

Congrats mustangrolla on your acceptance to Touro!

a little bit above 3.0

My GPA is around 3.3 and I got placed on a hold at Touro and they never sent me the supplz. I don't know what happend.

Do they prefer a BS degree?

My GPA is around 3.3 and I got placed on a hold at Touro and they never sent me the supplz. I don't know what happend.

Do they prefer a BS degree?

Yes, they do prefer a BS degree. Last year, 100% of their entering students held a bachelor's degree or higher.

congrats, mustangrolla!!

Steve emailed me back today and told me that i got accepted. Too bad I have to charge so much of the deposit on my credit card. Did anyone else from the Oct 27th interview hear back as well?

Hey congrats!! I got accepted as well from the Oct 27th interview.

Hey congrats!! I got accepted as well from the Oct 27th interview.

congrats to those who got accepted. Do you mind sharing your stats (science and cumulative GPA)? ECs? Thanks