TouroCOM Masters Program 2021-2022(Harlem)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ymdt

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been accepted to the tourocom masters program starting this fall 2021. I was wondering if there are any people that are currently in the program, or have recently graduated, and can share their experience?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
when did u interview/get ur acceptance?
I actually applied last year and was accepted but deferred to start this year. Last yr I believe I applied mid February and received the acceptance mid March. I applied, received the interview invitation 2 wks later then the acceptance 2 wks after that.

This yr I had to resubmit the application, I did so December and received the acceptance email jan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice I had my interview at the Middle town campus, waiting to hear back but the interview went well!! What’s your thoughts on this program? I think it’s very good, given that we work hard and do well.

Nice I had my interview at the Middle town campus, waiting to hear back but the interview went well!! What’s your thoughts on this program? I think it’s very good, given that we work hard and do well.
Im sure you’ll hear good news soon!
I think it’s exactly what you said, as long as we do well it’ll be great. I’ve spoken to a few people that have completed it and most of them have now matriculated into the DO class. I think this program is providing a very unique opportunity, we just have to work hard and complete it successfully!

Hi all,

I have been accepted to the tourocom masters program starting this fall 2021. I was wondering if there are any people that are currently in the program, or have recently graduated, and can share their experience?

Thank you!
What were your stats?

What were your stats?
Hello, gpa 3.4 and 501 mcat. I have yrs of shadowing/clinical experience as well as 3 publications. Hmm not sure what else to include.

hey guys, i got accepted and sent them my acceptance but haven't heard back from them yet, is anyone else in the same boat?

hey guys, i got accepted and sent them my acceptance but haven't heard back from them yet, is anyone else in the same boat?
Hi, I reached out to them last week and they told me they will be sending an enrollment packet sometime in May.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know about financial aid and housing information if we will be in person? I got accepted in January and haven't heard squat.

Anyone know about financial aid and housing information if we will be in person? I got accepted in January and haven't heard squat.
havent heard anything either but im pretty sure with housing youre on your own

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, excited to study with you all who got into the Harlem one. And thanks for replying to my post, we will def be the percentage of students who matriculate. Positive vibes only !!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
Is anyone signing up for the summer courses?
Also, does anyone know how the financial aide works?
thanks!

Hey Everyone, I also got accepted to the Masters Program at Harlem. Would you guys like to create a group chat for incoming Masters Students?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, I submitted my application a few days ago. How long did it take for you guys to get a response of any sort.

Hey, I submitted my application a few days ago. How long did it take for you guys to get a response of any sort.
I submitted mine late February and received an acceptance (after the interview) about 2 weeks ago. The interview was early May. I know some people have it way earlier or later.

I submitted mine late February and received an acceptance (after the interview) about 2 weeks ago. The interview was early May. I know some people have it way earlier or later.
Thank you and how long did it take for you to get an invite for an interview. I know it might vary from person to person, but I just want to know to see where I am time-wise. Also was it in person or a virtual interview?

is anyone having trouble with step one of the enrollment process? I'm having trouble selecting "I accept STUDENT_POLICY" on the terms of use page.

Thank you and how long did it take for you to get an invite for an interview. I know it might vary from person to person, but I just want to know to see where I am time-wise. Also was it in person or a virtual interview?
From what I saw it ranged from 2-6 wks. My interview was virtual.

It was virtual and I’m not exactly sure, but I think it was a month before my interview. So around early-mid April.

Does anyone know what’s the schedule like for the summer classes? I think I’m gojng to sign up for anatomy and maybe 1 more.

Do you know if the school year is happening in person or remotely?

Does anyone know what’s the schedule like for the summer classes? I think I’m gojng to sign up for anatomy and maybe 1 more.
It’s from June 14-July 16. Do you think it’s going to be helpful/worth it? Do you know if the class is for a grade?

Hey Everyone, I also got accepted to the Masters Program at Harlem. Would you guys like to create a group chat for incoming Masters Students?
Hi is there a link you can provide to join the group chat?

It’s from June 14-July 16. Do you think it’s going to be helpful/worth it? Do you know if the class is for a grade?
Hey, to answer the question I previously posted, the schedule is 9-3pm.

It is not graded. I honestly do not know if it’s helpful, I imagine it depends on the person. I’ve heard mixed answers from previous students. I haven’t taken anatomy before so I believe it will be for me.

Last edited:
Do you know if the school year is happening in person or remotely?
I’m wondering the same thing. After that email they sent asking what our preference was I haven’t heard anything else. Hopefully we’ll hear back soon, I guess after Memorial Day is still reasonable.

I’m wondering the same thing. After that email they sent asking what our preference was I haven’t heard anything else. Hopefully we’ll hear back soon, I guess after Memorial Day is still reasonable.
When I asked Ana, the program director, she didn’t answer my question directly, rather sent me a document about the IT requirements and software we need to download. Idk what to interpret from that. Wish they would communicate with us more.

When I asked Ana, the program director, she didn’t answer my question directly, rather sent me a document about the IT requirements and software we need to download. Idk what to interpret from that. Wish they would communicate with us more.
It’s so odd that they are not direct. That sounds like it’ll be online, but who knows. Thank you for sharing.

Guys what is the interview like? is it laid back?

Hello! I didn’t know this was an option, when do the summer classes begin?

^^ I just realized someone else answered the above question. I agree, I wish they communicated more with us. Does any one know any graduates of the program that were successful matriculating? I wish they gave us access to speak with these students.

Looking forward to meet you all!!!

Is any one planning to move close to the campus?

oh ok thank you. I was hoping it would be online so there wouldn't be any moving required into NYC required.

Hey, guys just got accepted. Is there a facebook group or a GroupMe for class of 2022?

Hey everyone! I recently completed the MS program and starting as a first year this fall! Feel free to pm me with any questions you might have!

Reactions: 5 users
Can anyone provide how the online version of the MS program at Harlem went for them? I am deciding between doing the Harlem online version vs in person at Middletown

Can anyone provide how the online version of the MS program at Harlem went for them? I am deciding between doing the Harlem online version vs in person at Middletown
^^