TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! For those who will be taking summer anatomy and are looking for a place to stay, I will be subletting my room, which is 10 minutes walking distance from the Middletown campus. It is a one bedroom in a 3 bedroom house, so if you're interested, please inbox me and I will give you more details.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I was accepted into both campuses.

Yeah I was asking because I had an interview with Harlem on Monday and was wondering how long it takes before a decision is made. I haven’t heard from Middletown and just assume it’s a no

Middletown took longer to respond than Harlem, almost a month for me. Harlem I received an acceptance after about 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
hey guys did anyone apply to the the touro middletown MS program or is this just for those that applied for the DO program.

are there any current MS program students here? if there are I would like to know more about how to handle financial aid.

Has anyone else heard back from either program?
I submitted the app on April 16, heard back for an interview on April 26th and just interviewed on Monday the 29th.
He says I should hear back within the week on the decision.

I submitted the app on April 16, heard back for an interview on April 26th and just interviewed on Monday the 29th.
He says I should hear back within the week on the decision.
(For Middletown)

Has anyone interviewed and been rejected, or is the interview more of a final check mark before acceptance? (Unless you completely bomb it lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
It took me about 2 weeks to hear back from Middletown. I can't wait to get started.

Class is 3 days a week - the school shifted to this after the fall semester, so I'm not sure how the courses will be spaced for this coming fall. However, for the spring semester our schedule was as follows:

Monday: exam day
Tuesday: Anatomy/neuro lecture and lab for a total of 3 hours, times are different depending on whether you are in the morning or afternoon group
Wednesday:
9: community service
10: genetics
11: physiology
12: lunch
1-3: health and human behavior
3-5: immuno/micro
Thursday: same as Tuesday
Hi, do you have a pdf of the schedule with dates and times for the year you were there? also they said the lectures are recorded so would you suggest actually going to class or just watching online?

Has anyone who interviewed with Middletown last week received an acceptance/rejection? I was accepted to Harlem and have to give them my decision by Thursday and I’m afraid I won’t hear from Middletown by then.

Has anyone who interviewed with Middletown last week received an acceptance/rejection? I was accepted to Harlem and have to give them my decision by Thursday and I’m afraid I won’t hear from Middletown by then.

Why don't you email them and let them know Middletown is your first choice, but you'll need to hear back from them by Wednesday?

anyone have a syllabus from the previous year(s)?

@neuro1990 did you end up hearing from Middletown?

I emailed both Neida and my interviewer yesterday and I received a response today that my application is under review and I’d hear back on Friday most likely. This is after I told them that I needed to know by today. So I will probably just go to Harlem.

I emailed both Neida and my interviewer yesterday and I received a response today that my application is under review and I’d hear back on Friday most likely. This is after I told them that I needed to know by today. So I will probably just go to Harlem.
hmmm wonder why they're waiting so long....congrats anyways!

hmmm wonder why they're waiting so long....congrats anyways!

I have no idea! The only thing I can think of is that there were a lot of interviews? And thanks! I’m assuming you’re waiting too?

For middletown I got an acceptance letter about 2 weeks after my interview

Is there a FB page for 2020 accepted masters students?

I would like to know if most people here are doing the MS with the hope of getting into the DO school?

Any current masters students at harlem can update us on how this cycle went? how many students will be matriculating into DO program?

For anyone that would like to know, you can ask for a transfer to the other campus (Middletown/ Harlem) if there are seats available. I got accepted to Middletown and my fiancée got accepted to Harlem, and after asking for a transfer, she received Middletown invitation. Funny thing is right after, I received Harlem acceptance, which I declined for Middletown.

Hi- assistant director of Touro Middletown masters here. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have. By the way, the students run the Facebook groups and faculty do not have access.
May I ask what is the Facebook group link?

I want to ask a question from current students. How will classes be and how do you study? Is it videos, books, notes? Or what are your options? And are additional sources required?

For anyone that would like to know, you can ask for a transfer to the other campus (Middletown/ Harlem) if there are seats available. I got accepted to Middletown and my fiancée got accepted to Harlem, and after asking for a transfer, she received Middletown invitation. Funny thing is right after, I received Harlem acceptance, which I declined for Middletown.

How did you ask for a transfer? Did you just email them? And how did you know that they give transfers? I applied to Middletown and really wished I had done Harlem now

How did you ask for a transfer? Did you just email them? And how did you know that they give transfers? I applied to Middletown and really wished I had done Harlem now

I'm my situation, only an email required a transfer. But we also gave them pathos reasons, so not sure if it will work for you. Good luck!

Check your messages. I'm interested in renting a room.

Hi everyone! For those who will be taking summer anatomy and are looking for a place to stay, I will be subletting my room, which is 10 minutes walking distance from the Middletown campus. It is a one bedroom in a 3 bedroom house, so if you're interested, please inbox me and I will give you more details.
mv

For those that were accepted/rejected did you receive news in the mail or email? And how many weeks after your interview did you hear back?

Hey, Congrats to everyone accepted! I think we all can agree it’s much cheaper renting an apartment so I’m looking for a female roommate to look for apartments with in Middletown. If anyone’s interested please message me! Also does anyone know the link to the Facebook group? I haven’t been able to find it

Hey, Congrats to everyone accepted! I'm looking for a male roommate that wants to look for apartments with me in middletown. If you're interested feel free to shoot me a message!

Hey, Congrats to everyone accepted! I think we all can agree it’s much cheaper renting an apartment so I’m looking for a female roommate to look for apartments with in Middletown. If anyone’s interested please message me! Also does anyone know the link to the Facebook group? I haven’t been able to find it
Hi, I’m interested. Are you still looking?!

Hi everyone, I'm having some trouble deciding on whether or not to do this program. I read a lot of the messages on here and I read a lot of criticisms/downsides of the program. Does anyone have anything good to say about the program/things that made them accept the offer and go here for school? Also, are there any previous students who have had good experiences with this program and want to speak about them?