TOUROCOM-NY Match List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ComicBookHero20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So if memory serves me right TOURO-COM in Manhattan should have graduated its first class?

So if i'm right, how did you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to see this as well...don't think it is publically released yet though...

They surprisingly did well. Very well for a first class.

The match list is posted in the "Match List 2011" pages somewhere

Members don't see this ad :)

So TouroCOM-NY released the locations they matched to. We don't have a list with the field matched into becaus <insert FERPA reason here>. We're supposed to have in the next month as we figure out for the first time how to do a opt-in vs opt-out system on releasing our graduate information publicly. Here are the matched hospitals though.

Cleveland Clinic (OH)
Mayo Clinic (MN)
Brooke Army Medical Center (TX)
Nassau University Medical Center (NY) x7
Wyckhoff Heights Medical Center (NY)
Eisenhower Army Medical Center (GA)
Aria Health (PA) x3
Danbury Hospital (CT)
St. Michael's Hospital (NJ)
St. John's Episcopal (NY) x4
University of Wisconsin/St. Lukes Milwaulkee x2
Metro Health Hospital (MI)
St. Joseph's Regional (NJ)
United Hospital Systems (WI)
Magnolia Regional Health Center (MS)
Stamford Hospital/Columbia University (CT)
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore (MD)
Indiana University School of Medicine x2
Walter Reed Army Medical Center (D.C.)
Maimonides Medical Center (NY) x4
Baystate Medical Center/Tufts University (MA)
Hofstra/NSLIJ (NY)
Greenwich Hospital (CT)
St. Luke's Roosevelt (NY) x2
Peninsula Hospital (NY) x3
Stony Brook Teaching Hospital (NY)
Maine Medical Center
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital (NY)
St. Barnabus Hospital (NJ) x3
Hospital of St. Raphael (CT)
SUNY Health Science Center/SUNY Downstate (NY) x2
Philadelphia College of Medicine (PA)
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (AZ) x2
East Carolina School of Medicine (NC)
Metropolitan Hospital Center (NY)
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center (CA)
Westchester Medical Center (NY)
McMaster University Medical Center (Ontario, Canada)
St. Elizabeth's Medical Center (NY) x2
University of Minnesota Medical School
Downey Regional Medical Center (CA)
Jamaica Hospital (NY)
Univerity at Buffalo School of Medicine (NY)
Jersey City Hospital (NJ)
Good Samaritan Hospital (NY)
St. Peter's University Hospital (NJ)
Columbia Hospital/Palms West Hospital (FL)
Wilson Memorial Regional (NY)
St. Joseph's Mercy Hospital (MI)
Naval Hospital Porsmouth (VA)
TUCOM-CA/Valley Hospital Medical Center (NV)
Pitt County Memorial (NC)
Madigan Army Medical Center (WA)
San Diego Medical Center (CA)
University of California (CA)
William Beaumont Army Medical Center (TX)
Southampton hospital (NY) x2
Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital (MI)
Coney Island Hospital (NY)
Santa Barbara Cottage (CA)
Inova Fairfax Hospital (D.C.)
University of Hawaii
Genesys Regional Medical Center (MI)
Berkshire Medical Center (MA)
Case Western/Metrohealth Medical Center (OH)

Not sure what you are familiar with but
1x - Metropolitan Hospital Center - Manhattan &#8211; affiliated with NYMC
2x - St. Luke's Roosevelt - Manhattan &#8211; affiliated with Columbia U.
2x - New York University Medical Center - Manhattan - affiliated with NYU

The match list is decent (good for what 2011 had to put up with) but I wouldn't say impressive. The matchlist posted here doesn't seem to be the complete one.

^^ beat me to it...

What did 2011 have to 'put up with?'

A school that wasn't prepared for students and opened a year too early. 2011 and 2012 took the hit the most. 2014 and 2015 (more so than 2013) are bueno. took them a few years but they have gotten it together for the most part.

COCA must have on beer goggles in approving new school openings...low standards

Not sure what you are familiar with but
1x - Metropolitan Hospital Center - Manhattan &#8211; affiliated with NYMC
2x - St. Luke's Roosevelt - Manhattan &#8211; affiliated with Columbia U.
2x - New York University Medical Center - Manhattan - affiliated with NYU

The match list is decent (good for what 2011 had to put up with) but I wouldn't say impressive. The matchlist posted here doesn't seem to be the complete one.

Yea. I just took photos of the match list they had up a few months back and then transcribed it to here. I'm not surprised its not full since it didnt have the specialties matched on it, just the locations. Still trying to get "Goldilocks" to make that public (or at least available to the students)

A school that wasn't prepared for students and opened a year too early. 2011 and 2012 took the hit the most. 2014 and 2015 (more so than 2013) are bueno. took them a few years but they have gotten it together for the most part.

COCA must have on beer goggles in approving new school openings...low standards

Yea. I feel bad for you guys. At least the 2011 plaque calls then "pioneers". Which is funny in how fitting it is. He's right, the school was not prepped for the first class and responded to that problem by installing a vice-like grip on 2012. I know I'm in 2013 and we have had a really good time (though with some battles to get changes we wanted as well). 2014 and the new incoming class of 2015 should have it pretty nice finally.

And COCA? I imagine they're like the unattractive girl who went to the bar with LCME. She is jumping into the arms of anyone, no matter how ugly, who will give her attention to try to "prove" she's prettier than her friend and can get all the guys. And everyone is ugly drunk, some people turn out to not be such a bad mistake once you sober up... 3 or 4 years later. :laugh:

don't think those are the main teaching hospitals of the big 4 MD institution in manhattan.

don't think those are the main teaching hospitals of the big 4 MD institution in manhattan.

SLR is not C-P. That is correct. But I wouldn't equate it the same way one would, say, "Columbia - Hartford" where its columbias random CT hospital.

Metropolitan hospital is the real deal and NYU is Langone, which is the real deal as well. IDK man, your comment isn't really holding up for me. I agree with you that its not C-P, Weil Cornell, Jacobi or Sinai. But Metropolitan and NYU-Langone are two major hospitals for NYMC and NYU, not secondary centers.

SLR is a secondary center, but it's a really impressive one where people see real pathology.

Does anybody know what specialties these Touro-NY students matched into?

Does anybody know what specialties these Touro-NY students matched into?

Best I can tell you right now is from our little press release upon graduating our first class:
"In addition to TouroCOM’s class of 2011 match results showing that 52 percent of the students will be pursuing careers in primary care, 48 percent will pursue a specialty. The most popular choices are internal medicine (30 percent), family practice (16 percent), rotating (15 percent), emergency medicine (13 percent), surgery (8 percent), and pediatrics (7 percent.)"

also, saw on FB, that one guy got Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery at Metro Health in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I'm sorry I dont have more specific stuff, my class isnt that in touch with the just graduated class and the school only released the locations. So I'm SOL on trying to give you specialties at the current moment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like not a single person matched into the MD institution in manhattan I am familar with. DO bias still strong in manhattan.

Dude, I have got to ask, what is your problem with DO? You seem to never fail to bring up the DO bias and bash the degree every single chance you got. You trolling hard, brah?

At one point you claimed to be an MD student, then NYCOM. What is it like studying medicine on the islands?

Dude, I have got to ask, what is your problem with DO? You seem to never fail to bring up the DO bias and bash the degree every single chance you got. You trolling hard, brah?

At one point you claimed to be an MD student, then NYCOM. What is it like studying medicine on the islands?

lulz its likely an SGU/Ross student trollin...first he's an allo student, then he's a NYCOM student??

Yes, Manhattan is a medical mecca with 4 top allo schools, so there is going to be some DO-bias, but be assured it's not anywhere close to the anti-Carib bias...

lulz its likely an SGU/Ross student trollin...first he's an allo student, then he's a NYCOM student??

Yes, Manhattan is a medical mecca with 4 top allo schools, so there is going to be some DO-bias, but be assured it's not anywhere close to the anti-Carib bias...
Protoss is a 2nd year (soon to be 3rd) at Columbia Med. He went to UC Berkeley for undergrad and has overbearing Asian parents whom he whined about under his former username, Handy388. He's a troll all right, but also a perfect example of the petty human nature that exists in medicine.

Protoss is a 2nd year (soon to be 3rd) at Columbia Med. He went to UC Berkeley for undergrad and has overbearing Asian parents whom he whined about under his former username, Handy388. He's a troll all right, but also a perfect example of the petty human nature that exists in medicine.

nope.

Oh one of those asian keener kids. Explains his smart ass know it all tone

If this is true, it is VERY pathetic he is posting on a DO forum. Just goes to show you the people at those "great" med schools are actually just socially challenged kids who gave up the chance to develop socially in undergrad to achieve that little extra bit of GPA. Sadly, I doubt those kids will make "better" doctors, especially if their specialty requires any patient interaction

Oh one of those asian keener kids. Explains his smart ass know it all tone

If this is true, it is VERY pathetic he is posting on a DO forum. Just goes to show you the people at those "great" med schools are actually just socially challenged kids who gave up the chance to develop socially in undergrad to achieve that little extra bit of GPA. Sadly, I doubt those kids will make "better" doctors, especially if their specialty requires any patient interaction

To be fair, I'm great friends with a lot of the students at Columbia, Cornell, NYU, and Einstein (youre the odd one out Sinai. Anti-social so-and-so's). I dont buy into the idea that there are more or less completely terrible people, socially, in either educational system. We just might be dealing with one, regardless of future degree, right now.

To be fair, I'm great friends with a lot of the students at Columbia, Cornell, NYU, and Einstein (youre the odd one out Sinai. Anti-social so-and-so's). I dont buy into the idea that there are more or less completely terrible people, socially, in either educational system. We just might be dealing with one, regardless of future degree, right now.

I feel the same way...I don't know anyone at Sinai but since I am there everyday I can comment on the fact that every student I have seen there looks like they are 12!

I rotated with a guy in the 2011 class.

Not sure if he matched at one of those programs that's being listed (w/o corresponding residency specialty being matched into)

Is it sad that I remember Handy388? Probably is.

I managed to steal a peek at the match list with the specialties. The list posted here is definately not complete. I'm not gonna disclose how I saw it. It was a while ago, but from what I remember. We matched internal med and I think psych at NYU. St. Luke's Roosevelt and Mayo Clinic were Anesthesia. We had 2 ACGME General Surgery matches, which I think is pretty damn good, as only 19 DO's matched GS last year. One of them was at St. Elizabeth something or other. I don't know where it is. The other was Sinai Baltimore. I'm fairly sure someone got Dermatology at St. John's Episcopal(AOA residency), but on it list it would of been listed at a Transitional Year. Thats all I remember off hand.

If anyone has more info about the specialties/sites people matched to that would be great!

EM, Anes, IM, PMnR(2x)

radiology, neurosurg

We matched internal med and I think psych at NYU. St. Luke's Roosevelt and Mayo Clinic were Anesthesia. We had 2 ACGME General Surgery matches, which I think is pretty damn good, as only 19 DO's matched GS last year. One of them was at St. Elizabeth something or other. I don't know where it is. The other was Sinai Baltimore. I'm fairly sure someone got Dermatology at St. John's Episcopal(AOA residency), but on it list it would of been listed at a Transitional Year. Thats all I remember off hand.

Wow, these are FANTASTIC matches for a school that only started <4 years ago. My grateful appreciation to all of the above for this info.

Last edited:
Shouldn't TouroCOM-NY be fully accredited this year? It has been 4 years since it recieved its preliminary accreditation.

o_O, Most schools I've seen don't put out a formal list, but rather its collectively produced from the students.

o_O, Most schools I've seen don't put out a formal list, but rather its collectively produced from the students.

Yea what he said. Technically if you release a list you have to get the approval of each student on the list (even if you dont use their names. Hospital + field is enough to require approval). Which is why the only list we ever got was the list of what hospitals, without the attached residency type.

Some schools say "screw it" and release the list anyway. I doubt anyone will ever formally complain, but if they did, the school would be 100% liable as they arent supposed to be doing that without approval. Most schools have a "list" because the 4th years collectively create one.

Still nothing? R they embarrassed or something?

Not trying to start a war because we're part of the same institution, but maybe you should bite your tongue:

http://www.natmatch.com/aoairp/stats/2011sklstats.htm

Touro-NY was top 10 in match % whereas Touro-NV was #20. Combine that with the fact that it was the inaugural graduating class, and I can assure you that there is nothing embarrassing about that. What more info do you need, exactly?

Not trying to start a war because we're part of the same institution, but maybe you should bite your tongue:

http://www.natmatch.com/aoairp/stats/2011sklstats.htm

Touro-NY was top 10 in match % whereas Touro-NV was #20. Combine that with the fact that it was the inaugural graduating class, and I can assure you that there is nothing embarrassing about that. What more info do you need, exactly?

Just to clarify that data, it shows the number of people who matched into AOA residencies from DO schools. Since it doesn't include ACGME programs, it doesn't show the complete picture. Add on the fact that there are fewer AOA residencies on the West Coast, West Coast Schools tend to have fewer people going into AOA residencies.

Yea what he said. Technically if you release a list you have to get the approval of each student on the list (even if you dont use their names. Hospital + field is enough to require approval). Which is why the only list we ever got was the list of what hospitals, without the attached residency type.

Some schools say "screw it" and release the list anyway. I doubt anyone will ever formally complain, but if they did, the school would be 100% liable as they arent supposed to be doing that without approval. Most schools have a "list" because the 4th years collectively create one.

You really believe this? It's 100 percent not true, just trying to understand your logic behind it

You really believe this? It's 100 percent not true, just trying to understand your logic behind it

Had lunch with my dean and Karen Nichols. He asked AOA (now ex) president Karen Nichols if he could post the match results. She explained this to him, and me, in person very clearly and without any ambiguity. The list of match sites that we had up was pulled off the wall by the dean himself about 10 minutes later.

So, my logic is that it came from the lips of the authority on the matter. :laugh: I know no one admits they're wrong on the internet, but this would be one of those times to consider doing so.

Had lunch with my dean and Karen Nichols. He asked AOA (now ex) president Karen Nichols if he could post the match results. She explained this to him, and me, in person very clearly and without any ambiguity. The list of match sites that we had up was pulled off the wall by the dean himself about 10 minutes later.

So, my logic is that it came from the lips of the authority on the matter. :laugh: I know no one admits they're wrong on the internet, but this would be one of those times to consider doing so.

Not saying some AOA kook didn't have them pulled down for whatever reason (maybe being unhappy with the match results), but there's no 'rule' that you can't post match results. What 'liability' are they exposing themselves to by posting a lists of specialties and hospitals. Every allopathic school is able to do it. I don't blame prospective students for thinking it's strange

Not saying some AOA kook didn't have them pulled down for whatever reason (maybe being unhappy with the match results), but there's no 'rule' that you can't post match results. What 'liability' are they exposing themselves to by posting a lists of specialties and hospitals. Every allopathic school is able to do it. I don't blame prospective students for thinking it's strange

Not going to argue this with you. Allopathic schools *dont* do it. Neither do osteopathic. Also: FERPA. Cant share anything about academic accomplishments without either a waiver or written consent. Hospital + department is enough to identify the person and require consent. Its just how it is. I'm not sure why you're seeing some scary nefarious motive behind this. You'll be hard pressed to find more than a small fraction of schools that have official lists available. Generally they either dont exist (And are entirely student made) or are under password protection on school intranets with big notices that they are not to be copied anywhere (not that it stops anyone). The rare schools I've found that do make it available are generally way out of date and/or released very infrequently (NYCOM's latest is 2007 if i remember right, and columbias is 2008, off memory alone).

Can I say this about every school out there? No. But FERPA is the rule and that is how it plays out. I dont imagine that many schools totally ignore it. But since the match list is something to brag about I'm sure enough schools make the list available so it can "accidentally" make its way out even if they dont follow FERPA on it. Nearly all of what we see is either student created or copied from a (supposedly) private and secured source.

Last edited:
this info might help. its straight from tourocom's website:

...."In addition to TouroCOM's class of 2011 match results showing that 52 percent of the students will be pursuing careers in primary care, 48 percent will pursue a specialty. The most popular choices are internal medicine (30 percent), family practice (17 percent), rotating (16 percent), emergency medicine (13 percent), surgery (8 percent), and pediatrics (7 percent.)"

source: http://www.touro.edu/media/pr/releases/PR-Touro_COM_2011_Match_Day.pdf

class size is a little over a 100

Not going to argue this with you. Allopathic schools *dont* do it. Neither do osteopathic. Also: FERPA. Cant share anything about academic accomplishments without either a waiver or written consent. Hospital + department is enough to identify the person and require consent. Its just how it is. I'm not sure why you're seeing some scary nefarious motive behind this. You'll be hard pressed to find more than a small fraction of schools that have official lists available. Generally they either dont exist (And are entirely student made) or are under password protection on school intranets with big notices that they are not to be copied anywhere (not that it stops anyone). The rare schools I've found that do make it available are generally way out of date and/or released very infrequently (NYCOM's latest is 2007 if i remember right, and columbias is 2008, off memory alone).

Can I say this about every school out there? No. But FERPA is the rule and that is how it plays out. I dont imagine that many schools totally ignore it. But since the match list is something to brag about I'm sure enough schools make the list available so it can "accidentally" make its way out even if they dont follow FERPA on it. Nearly all of what we see is either student created or copied from a (supposedly) private and secured source.
this is definitely not true. For MD schools at least, I'd say 90% of the schools have official match lists published on their website. Maybe it requires consent, but the consent is apparently incredibly easy to get as demonstrated by the majority of schools publishing the data.

you're wrong, here's just a few programs, all of which I got from the first page of this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=805512&highlight=2011 which publicly post their match lists.

http://admin.med.fsu.edu/index.cfm?page=alumniFriends.whereTheyMatched
http://casemed.case.edu/admissions/images/2011 CWRU Anonymized Match List.pdf
http://pritzker.uchicago.edu/about/news/2011MatchResults-FORWEB.pdf
http://medstation.yale.edu/enrollment/2011matchspec.pdf
http://www.med-ed.virginia.edu/handbook/residency/match/11/match11a.cfm
http://med.brown.edu/about/match
http://medicine.buffalo.edu/news_an.../smbs/news/2011/03/match_dayevent.detail.html
http://tulane.edu/som/StudentAffairs/upload/MATCH-RESULTS-2011-c.pdf
http://myalbert.einstein.yu.edu/aecom/students/match/2011.php
http://www.uth.tmc.edu/med/students-current/MatchResults.pdf
http://rockford.medicine.uic.edu/News/match_day_results_-_2011/
http://www.ttuhsc.edu/som/studentaffairs/documents/Match_List_2011.pdf

your ferpa excuse is ridiculous. schools can post these lists whenever they want, I don't know why nycom doesn't post their's but it has nothing to do with the law. If it really was ferpa they couldn't post it password protected either because that would still be distributing confidential information to every student at the school

Don't most schools publish this info in their commencement book also (matched specialty & institution under each student's name)?

You're right, no one admits when they're wrong

The TouroCOM building is umm, "interesting" to look at from the outside. Hey, at least, TouroCOM is held in slightly higher regard than RVUCOM by students, faculty, the D.O. world, and academia in general. Not bad considering the mother institution's (Touro itself) reputation for selling grades and degrees.

Honestly, it's really not surprising to see why TouroCOM wouldn't publish their match list. If you ran the show at TouroCOM, would you show the world the match list of your first graduating class?

Lastly, TouroCOM is committed to producing doctors to serve in Harlem, yet how many of their rotations in even in NYC???