• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Onstarr

10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hopefully I dont get flamed for starting a thread like this but here goes..

I am torn between TouroNY and UNE.

Obviously UNE seems like it is well established and has had a lot of happy graduates. However the new Touro-ny is in an excellent location with many hospitals, schools, perhaps better for me in the future.

It would only seem to me that i would be more exposed to pathology in the city as compared to the rural areas. But Touro is a new school so I am worried about future matches connections. I have spoken to a doctor I am working with and he told me that it really doesnt matter where you graduate from because in the end, you are a DO regardless. He suggested that I should just go to school where I would want to practice.

Financially - TouroNY cost efficient for me because it is close to home.
School Program - UNE looks like they have a really good program. Although I cant say much for Touro bc its new but their satellite schools seem to be doing well. I still havent even really visited actual school yet because they are not 100% complete.

UNE is absolutely gorgeous... but not much to do (although i am sure with the amount of studying, i wont have time to do anything else)

So in the end, I guess I am just really worried about the rotations & residency placement for Touro. Anyone else have similar dilemma?
I am leaning towards UNE but I would hate to find out later on that Touro would've been a better due to its location!

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
UNECOM send their grads to good residencies. Your major reason for staying close to home and being more financially stable is important as well.

This is one of those rare occassions when chosing the more established school isnt necessarily the "smarter" choice.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.