General Admissions & OTCAS Towson MOT - 2016-17 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

FORUMGAL123

Has anyone received updates from Towson? I heard they are doing interviews this time around. So I am guessing once we get contacted (assuming we make it so the 2nd round) we will submit all transcripts and secure an interview date.

I know most students got contacted two weeks after the Feb 2nd deadline date last year....

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything yet ): I would hope to make it to the second round since I have pretty good stats and my dad is an alum, but I heard the program is really competitive so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I'm starting to get worried though. Do you know if they wait until the deadline to review apps?

Yes they wait till the deadline review apps. I heard they really emphasize GPA and rank potential student based on their stats. Maybe no one has heard yet unless they made the priority deadline. Hopefully next week! :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping so! I've heard the same about ranking students on their GPA. My GPA is def. a better representation of me as a student than the GRES so I'm hopeful, but I'm out of state so I'm not sure how they are about that. I keep telling myself that I will probably hear back next week since most places say Feb/March.

I haven't heard anything either! I was really starting to get nervous, but I'm glad to see others haven't either. I guess since they are possibly doing interviews this year, timing and things are a little different. Has anyone tried calling the department yet? I tried a few minutes ago and no one answered.

So I just talked to someone in the department and they said early March they will be notifying about the first round and interviews later in the month! The wait continues o_O;)

Reactions: 1 user
So I just talked to someone in the department and they said early March they will be notifying about the first round and interviews later in the month! The wait continues o_O;)

Thanks for the info! Wow that seems so late. If they won't have interviews until later in March we might not know until April right? I was hoping to know by then since some programs start in summer and I need to find housing! The waiting game never ends

Just recieved an email saying I made the initial review. Interviews are set to be scheduled March 23-24 for the first wave of applicants.

Does anyone know how many are selected for this initial review?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just recieved an email saying I made the initial review. Interviews are set to be scheduled March 23-24 for the first wave of applicants.

Does anyone know how many are selected for this initial review?

Congratulations!! That's very exciting! Do you think they sent all of the interview emails out already? I haven't heard anything yet!

I got mine today too! I'm still surprised how late the interviews are...

How many rounds of interviews are there?

Congratulations!! That's very exciting! Do you think they sent all of the interview emails out already? I haven't heard anything yet!

I don't know. But I have a feeling they haven't. Maybe they just emailed those who will be invited to the first interview date. The email just said that the first date will be on the 23 or 24th...they don't mention when other dates will be.

I got mine today too! I'm still surprised how late the interviews are...

How many rounds of interviews are there?

Yea so late! Is Towson your top choice? I'm from CA so would have to fly out since they didn't mention anything about Skype interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea so late! Is Towson your top choice? I'm from CA so would have to fly out since they didn't mention anything about Skype interviews.

Towson is in my top, but it's not my top choice. It's about 45 minutes from my home town (I live almost 2 hours north now) so that's part of the reason I applied.
I think they have more assistance though so I would def go there if it was my cheapest option. Plus it's near Johns Hopkins so that's awesome. Wow, CA is so far!

Last edited:
Got my email last week as well! This process seems so confusing this time around with the interviews. It seems so late to being doing them. This waiting game sucks! Haha
I would definitely call or email and ask about the Skype interview option if you wouldn't be able to fly out?
Good luck to everyone!

Didn't get in :(
due to a B- in Anatomy

I also got rejected for the same reason :(
Im sorry to hear that! That is insane.... I had no idea they were that cut throat about grades. I hope you get in elsewhere!

Has anyone heard back after the email regarding interview dates?
I got the initial email that said we should hear beginning of this week with the confirmation date....

Has anyone heard back after the email regarding interview dates?
I got the initial email that said we should hear beginning of this week with the confirmation date....

I haven't received anything either. I've refreshed my email about 20 times a day hoping there would be something haha.

I just received something to schedule my interview via email

Does anybody know how much the program costs? I keep trying to calculate it and coming up with different estimates.

Does anybody know how much the program costs? I keep trying to calculate it and coming up with different estimates.

I could be doing the math wrong, and there may be additional fees I'm not finding anywhere, but I've calculated about $42,530?

Hello all!! Just wondering, did anyone get an email about a second group of interviews? Judging by the wording of the first email they made it sound like a second group of people would be contacted? I am just trying to figure out how many people they will be interviewing altogether. When I signed up for my interview time there were 80 slots (currently they are not all full). So if there was a second group I would guess they offered interviews to 160 students?

Hello all!! Just wondering, did anyone get an email about a second group of interviews? Judging by the wording of the first email they made it sound like a second group of people would be contacted? I am just trying to figure out how many people they will be interviewing altogether. When I signed up for my interview time there were 80 slots (currently they are not all full). So if there was a second group I would guess they offered interviews to 160 students?

Hello Everyone!
I have been following this thread and finally decided to make an account to contribute to the conversation. I'm one of the applicants floating around right now. I have not been invited nor denied to come for an interview so if people hear back about a second round of interviews please let me know! Good luck to everyone who has interviews scheduled for next weekend, that is very exciting!

Hello Everyone!
I have been following this thread and finally decided to make an account to contribute to the conversation. I'm one of the applicants floating around right now. I have not been invited nor denied to come for an interview so if people hear back about a second round of interviews please let me know! Good luck to everyone who has interviews scheduled for next weekend, that is very exciting!

Have you thought about calling them? Hopefully there is a second round and they let you know soon! I get the impression that things are kind of funky since this is their first year interviewing.

Did anyone on here interview today? How was it? And how was the writing prompt? Good luck to everyone who did and who will tomorrow! Mine is tomorrow at 11 :scared:

Anybody else get a slightly weird vibe from the school?

Did anyone send follow up emails? Not sure how schools feel about them.

Did anyone send follow up emails? Not sure how schools feel about them.

I personally didn't because I was unsure as well how departments feel about them and if they even get to see them due to email filters, etc.

Does anyone know how we'll be notified? I forgot to ask. She mentioned by the end of the week but didn't say whether it'd be email or in the mail.

I personally didn't because I was unsure as well how departments feel about them and if they even get to see them due to email filters, etc.

Does anyone know how we'll be notified? I forgot to ask. She mentioned by the end of the week but didn't say whether it'd be email or in the mail.
I think it is perfectly acceptable to send a follow up email to the person who hosted the interview or information session. I sent thank you / follow up emails to multiple programs following interviews. Sometimes I received responses, other times I did not, but I did get accepted to the programs, so it didn't hurt. Just simply thank them for their time, while simultaneously expressing your enthusiasm and interest in the program. As far as notification I believe I have seen in other posts from last year that they notify via email. Best of luck!!

Hello,
I've been reading along and decided to join in. Has anyone received any emails or letters since the interviews? Never thought it would be so stressful to hear back from a school.

I just called and they said they are trying to get decisions out today, but if not today then Monday

I just called and they said they are trying to get decisions out today, but if not today then Monday

Thank you for your update! I've been losing my mind over here! Hopefully it's today!!

Nevermind, just called. They said they are working on trying to get them out today. I really hope they do!

Nevermind, just called. They said they are working on trying to get them out today. I really hope they do!
Did you call admissions? Or the OT department. It's 5:20 ET and I still haven't heard anything...