1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Tpr Bio

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by moto_za, Mar 6, 2007.

1. moto_za

moto_za Member
    10+ Year Member

I have heard that the bio part of tprs tests are easier than the actual mcat? is this true for bio and other sections?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. moto_za

moto_za Member
    10+ Year Member

4. chicksdigdocs

10+ Year Member

my last tpr diag I got a 3 in bio, so i would say ya... it's easy.

5. moto_za

moto_za Member
    10+ Year Member

6. gujuDoc

10+ Year Member

Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
    I thought that the bio was on par in both cases if you do enough practice passages. I got a 10 in the bio section and that's about what I was averaging on TPR tests.

I think the science workbook passages were pretty good and that the bio was actually a lot of interpretation of data in the real deal. The one thing that some of the TPR passages was not good for was that it had a bit more straightforwardness in their bio passages but the real deal had a lot of data interpretation. That said the previous attempt at the MCAT had some questions that were the exact same things I'd seen in TPR but that was for the PS section. I think the AAMC tests are the best sample for getting a better idea but you should use the TPR tests for practice because more practice always helps.

7. moto_za

moto_za Member
    10+ Year Member

thanks all.. anyone else??