TPR First Diag

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paranoid_eyes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how'd you guys do on the computer based diagnostic test for TPR???

i completely bombed it :scared:

my question is, how representative is the diag to the real thing? Do they make it harder on purpose?

my score was: 10B, 7P, 6V

Members don't see this ad.

23 is better than average for a TPR Diag from what I remember. Don't worry about it too much. That verbal score alone is probably 2 pts lower than it would be on an AAMC and I guarantee that PS score will increase with studying and practice. 10 in BS is a good start.

Just keep studying and taking practice tests.

i got a 17 on it. Im giving up on this stupid dream. Im so stressed out over this stupid test. Maybe ill make more money in the long run as a specialized nurse since i wont be 300k in the hole...?

I got 20 on my first one (7B, 6P, 7V). It rocked my confidence to be sure. But I'm just trying to relax, give myself some time to cover material I haven't covered for years, and keep practicing problems. We'll see what happens.

I'd be interested in hearing how your next one goes (haven't written mine yet).

Members don't see this ad :)
I went up 12 points from that diagnostic to actual test-day performance. If that holds true for you, if you study up you might be able to hit a 35 :thumbup:
They say average is +10 points from that diagnostic, so you might be able to expect a 33 with hard work. This is assuming you haven't started studying yet, that's how they get those averages.

Yes, they do make it much harder to 'scare' you into working more.

No one should ever give up their dream based on that diagnostic. If I could, I'd tell everyone not to even take a TPR diagnostic if they're not confident in their abilities because it can do a number on you.

I got an 11 on my TPR diagnostic. The following week, I took AAMC #3 and got a 23. No studying in between. I just took it under the same conditions I had taken the TPR diagnostic. Keep in mind all of this was before any studying. Now that I've been studying, I'm average low 30s on AAMC's.