TPR MCAT Evaluation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
They basically copy and pasted what they said about the past August MCAT...oh well...

Dear MCAT Student,

Well, the MCAT is over, and we congratulate you for all of your hard work and tireless effort! Your scores should be available online through AAMC?s new MCAT Testing History (THx) Report System at https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/ on or about June 7th (and by mail on or about June 19th), so relax and trust that the knowledge and experience which you gained over the course of our program allowed you to do your best.

Overall, the April 2004 exam offered very few surprises and was comparable in difficulty to AAMC?s MCAT Practice Test 6R; but, as usual, different forms had varying difficulty levels for the subtests. We identified at least five test series?G, K, M, N, and T?with up to three forms in each. Our course materials contained passages and questions which helped to provide valuable practice for, and confidence with, those that appeared on the actual MCAT.

Physical Sciences:

The passages favored G-Chem over Physics, although the free-standing questions (FSQs) were pretty evenly split. Solubility, thermodynamics, radioactivity, atomic and molecular structure, acids/bases, kinetics, and redox chemistry were the most popular G-Chem topics this administration. The most popular Physics topics were waves, simple machines, dynamics, electricity, hydrostatics, and optics. As usual, most of the questions were conceptual or required very simple math. With confidence, a mastery of the fundamentals, and POE, the passage questions could be successfully attacked. In addition, the free-standing questions were generally regarded as very fair.

Verbal Reasoning:

All forms contained the usual nine passages, with passage lengths (about 65 lines)?and overall difficulty level?consistent with AAMC Practice Test 6R. Passage topics included philosophy, history, literary criticism, biology/ecology, economics, political science, psychology, and anthropology. In addition to the usual questions that relied on the passage?s main idea and theme, there were questions of the strengthen/weaken and retrieval variety, while new information and inference questions were again very popular.

Biological Sciences:

The split between Bio and O-Chem again heavily favored Biology, and the FSQs also leaned much more toward Biology than O-Chem and offered few surprises. The difficulty of the Biological Sciences section of this April?s MCAT was generally regarded as comparable to that of AAMC Practice Test 6R. The most popular Biology passage topics was genetics, followed by neurology, evolution, immunology, and cell biology. The O-Chem again looked intimidating, but the questions were generally considered fair. Multi-step syntheses of organic molecules were again very popular, and a good understanding of reaction mechanisms, stereochemistry, functional groups, and lab techniques was also important. Passages often presented complicated structures and mechanistic steps, but, again, the questions yielded to the analytic techniques you?ve learned and the practice gained from TPR?s diagnostic tests, Workbook, and the Compendium.

Please accept our congratulations for completing this arduous test, as well as our thanks for letting us be a part of your preparation!

Members don't see this ad.

What an analysis?
My PS had 8 physics passages and 3 gen chem. VR was hard too. BS itself was hard but it was doable. When I worked through the MCAT last Saturday I was telling myself, "Where did these passages and questions come from because they are more difficult than the AAMC tests online?"

Useless analysis by the way . . . not very inclusive.

LOL, I know it's useless, just amazed how much BS TPR feeds its students, I read the thing on the August MCAT and believed it...I guess you can never know the real thing