TPR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr.TurkandJD

One Dream
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys, I have a question and just want to get your opinions.

I started off studying with TPR books and switched to EK. I took my exam, I did well in PS, VR and bombed BS (unusual because I am a bio major and scored 8-10 on practice tests). Now, I am just doing mostly practice passages and questions on the computer, nothing on paper. (before I did paper mostly). I am doing awful on everything that TPR gives me. I am scoring 50-70% on VR, and doing bad even on PS which I did well on during the real MCAT.

Is anyone having the same problem? Is TPR's VR and PS passages too hard and not a good representation of VR on latest MCAT's? Is the BS too easy?

Thanks!
 
I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I am enrolled in a PR course and have done some of the online drills and I am recieving low score.. I have learn to become please with a 67.

Thxs for telling me abt Bio I was going to switch to Kaplan Bio cause I thought PR was too detail but looks like I be staying with PR.
 
I haven't taken the MCAT yet but I am enrolled in a PR course and have done some of the online drills and I am recieving low score.. I have learn to become please with a 67.

Thxs for telling me abt Bio I was going to switch to Kaplan Bio cause I thought PR was too detail but looks like I be staying with PR.

I think BS is too easy and VR/PS is too hard.
Any other takers?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG... than I must be terrible at Bio, since you have already taken the MCAT do u recommend TPR bio or Kaplan Bio.

Dont know about Kaplan. I used TPR and EK books, TPR are more detail oriented which is good. The thing is, lately, the MCAT's have been very experimental based and you can know everything in the book and still do bad. I dont mean to scare you, but just do as much practice problems as you can. That is one thing I did not due and it bit me on the ass.
 
K. I will differently rd the experiment bio section section they have in the back of the book.

Also I have another question my PR course ends 12/15, I plan to take the mcat in Jan. during the six weeks I was going to take mock MCATs and do a post review with Jco videos ( already using Chad's video as a pre review) is this a good plan or should I try to reread all PR books.

And did you complete all PR course material while you were in the course..... I was taking about using the science workbook questions for my preview and saving the online drills for when I am in the course.

Sidenote: I have EK 1001s but really don't want to use them since I seen bad reviews abt them.
In addition, the online drills I am doing now are not part of the course online drills they are the
drills I recieved from registering the book online, I call a PR rep and was told they are
completely different from want is given in the course.
 
K. I will differently rd the experiment bio section section they have in the back of the book.

Also I have another question my PR course ends 12/15, I plan to take the mcat in Jan. during the six weeks I was going to take mock MCATs and do a post review with Jco videos ( already using Chad's video as a pre review) is this a good plan or should I try to reread all PR books.

And did you complete all PR course material while you were in the course..... I was taking about using the science workbook questions for my preview and saving the online drills for when I am in the course.

Sidenote: I have EK 1001s but really don't want to use them since I seen bad reviews abt them.
In addition, the online drills I am doing now are not part of the course online drills they are the
drills I recieved from registering the book online, I call a PR rep and was told they are
completely different from want is given in the course.

I made my own schedule, I did not like TPR schedule. Especially, because I was really turned off by the class and I felt it was a huge waste of time and money. The only good thing is their online resources and it still sucks. Deft get the AAMC full lengths.
 
I am in an online course starting 9/30.... and I needed the course to keep me on track plus they have great material and the online course comes with the AAMCs... I just will have to get the AAMCs self assessments.