TPR Verbal Workbook Difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cokimon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My first post! :)

I've just done 8 passages on the TPR Verbal Workbook 2011 and I can't seem to get more than 50% correct on each passage.

Were they designed to be so difficult?

Any advice on how to improve?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

How much practice do you have with MCAT verbal? Is this your first attempt? MCAT verbal takes a lot of practice, and be sure you analyze your mistakes. If you're just starting out I wouldn't be worried about missing a lot at this point as long as you learn from what you're doing wrong.

Hi,

My first post! :)

I've just done 8 passages on the TPR Verbal Workbook 2011 and I can't seem to get more than 50% correct on each passage.

Were they designed to be so difficult?

Any advice on how to improve?

Thanks.

No offense, but you just need to practice. They are not so difficult (at least not in my opinion or experience) that you are getting less than 50% on every passage through the first 8.

These are just your first 8 passages. Don't worry. Be more worried if your middle 8 passages look like that. YOu haven't hit the point where it starts to "click" yet.

If you're running low on time or having trouble understanding the passages, one way to improve could be reading some dense and dry unpleasant books or articles in your spare time. When you do that, focus on speed, comprehension, and retention.

For now, though, I would keep moving forward with the TPR class or whatever study plan you have devised. If you don't show any improvement after more practice, then you may want to consider supplemental strategies.

Thank you all.

I'll press on and see.
I just wanted to be sure the TPR are pitched at a high level of difficulty.