TPR Verbal Workbook Section Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inquiry101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how have people been doing on TPR verbal section tests 1,2,3,4?

If anyone has taken the mcat, how do did your practice scores reflect your actual score?

Members don't see this ad.

I did a little today - random tpr passages... they are too difficult so i gave up

i don't have the verbal workbook but i have the in class book which has 33 verbal passages in it. I've done the first 12 so far and the first 5 or so were very easy, but I'm getting 1-2 wrong per passage now in the last few i've done. I'm finding the passages easy enough to understand, but the answer choices all seem very similar so it's hard to pick the correct answer sometimes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've done all four in the most recent edition and have gotten 33-36/40 on them. Some of the questions I missed since I didn't understand something, some I missed due to misreading something, and some I missed I still do not agree with. I haven't taken any AAMC tests yet, so I can't say if it's all too accurate.

I'm curious about this as well.

I took Verbal 4 yesterday...only did 39 questions in each test (since the book has I believe 60 questions per test, like the old MCAT) and I missed 13 questions; on test 3 I missed 8; on test 2 I missed 10-ish, if I remember correctly.

MCAT on the 19th so I'm hoping this book is good! Will do EK 101s later.

Last edited:
Oh, btw, I did these under timed conditions (1 hr) and did 3 TPRH Verbal tests instead of doing the BR CBT VRs, as most people on here suggested TBR VR isn't that great.

Cheers

Taking my real MCAT next Friday, but I scored 32-35/40 on these 4 tests, been getting consistent 10-12 on FLs 3-11(1 low of 9 but I lost motivation, rest are 10-12)

Taking my real MCAT next Friday, but I scored 32-35/40 on these 4 tests, been getting consistent 10-12 on FLs 3-11(1 low of 9 but I lost motivation, rest are 10-12)

You should be good!:luck:

I got 10-13 on the Fl's, and ended up with an 11.

Is there a scale of how to score Practice Tests 1-4 in the TPRH Verbal Workbook?

What is the scaled score is you miss 5 out of 40, or 11 out of 40? Anyone know how to figure that out? Thanks.

Some of the passages are dense reading but I really like them. They are the best of everything I've done.