TPRH science workbook??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Genemo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the TPRH science workbook that bad? Can I use that for bio and orgo? I know TBR is better but I dont feel like waiting for the TBR books since my test day is coming soon. Poor planning but I didnt think my verbal would improve to a level that I should start worrying about my science lol

Any comment on TPRH science workbook? Or other recommendation for Bio and Orgo?

Members don't see this ad.

Illegal downloads of the 2009 version of the BR books are not funny. It's criminal in fact.

I just don't understand how one person can send out this info blindly to people he doesn't know screwing a small company that is known for doing humanitarian acts. It's one thing to illegally download the material, but completely another to promote it to others. Why Kehlsh? Why do you send PMs on how to illegally download MCAT materials?

Members don't see this ad :)
Illegal downloads of the 2009 version of the BR books are not funny. It's criminal in fact.

I just don't understand how one person can send out this info blindly to people he doesn't know screwing a small company that is known for doing humanitarian acts. It's one thing to illegally download the material, but completely another to promote it to others. Why Kehlsh? Why do you send PMs on how to illegally download MCAT materials?

I'm an idiot, I didn't know it was illegal

I'm an idiot, I didn't know it was illegal

I'd be curious how that would stand up in a court of law:

"Your Honor, I did not realize that distribution of copyrighted materials was illegal. I am sorry I promoted internet piracy. Had my parents taught me right from wrong, I would certainly not have had such a lack of discretion. Please forgive me for I did not know what I was doing." :laugh:

Verdict:

[YOUTUBE=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CnkJGsVvKs]Click to find out![/YOUTUBE]

Dude, if you're truly that clueless, you need to come out of your science books every so often. If you're just making excuses, OTOH, you're just plain pathetic. At least own up to your lack of ethics.

This is what happens on the internet. People distribute things. Sometimes, those things are copyrighted materials. The internet provides immediacy. People want it now. People see going out to the store, or ordering the books on the internet, to be a hindrance and a burden, especially with the immediate 'high' the internet provides.

God, that sounded like a verbal reasoning passage. BTW, I'm copyrighting that.

But, honestly, downloading stuff without paying for it is bad mojo. Yes, everyone does it. Who cares. I'm brought back to the popular saying (from my parents and all parents from here to the end of the universe): "If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you do it, too?"

More to the point, this thread did not answer the topic. I would like to know if the TPRH are as bad as the OP asks. I am curious because I saw them on ebay and was considering buying them.

I dont think I'll be using TBR. I cant study on computer. I'll probably end up buying those books if I need to rewrite the MCAT next year.

I searched craigslist and I found someone selling TBR books so I emailed that person, and here's what I got back:
Yes it is still for sale. I have an electronic version of each book. Payment is
via paypal and you will receive a personalized link to download the files online
once your payment clears.

I'm not THAT against illegal use of the downloaded material but I'm seriously against this...

I did some search before posting but I didnt see anything specific to my question. All I found was TBR is the best for orgo...>.< Or maybe it's my search skills...

TPRH is fine. TBR is the only good, easily obtainable MCAT practice book set (i.e., the rest are part of their companies' courses -- the TPRH VR and PS/BS workbooks and the online Kaplan materials from their course). Likewise, TBR has the only good non-AAMC practice tests that are not tied to (i.e., only available with the purchase of) an expensive prep course.

Thanks. The one I have is the TPRH book. I guess I'll use it then.

I would. It's got good material. The problem with it is that it contains about half the number of passages you need for solid practice. That said, it's a good book with good material. It'd just be nice to have to volumes of it.

For VR, definitely get EK 101 VR and for BS/PS, you really should at least get TBR in your weaker subject areas at the absolute minimum.

I would. It's got good material. The problem with it is that it contains about half the number of passages you need for solid practice. That said, it's a good book with good material. It'd just be nice to have to volumes of it.

For VR, definitely get EK 101 VR and for BS/PS, you really should at least get TBR in your weaker subject areas at the absolute minimum.

During my search I saw people complaining TPRH science asks too much about details and their passages are useless, unlike the AAMC always have questions related to the reading material. Should I be super concerned about this? Actually most question I got wrong in AAMC tests are those requires reading the material...

My weakest subject is verbal and I got EK, TPRH and TBR verbal for practise. It's been improving and now I realize I should also start worrying about bio/orgo. But it's a bit late to get TBR now.

I agree with you 100%. Just saying though, can you make it a bit easier to order from you guys? And faster too? Like paypal or online payments? Pretty pleaseeeeeee

I agree with you 100%. Just saying though, can you make it a bit easier to order from you guys? And faster too? Like paypal or online payments? Pretty pleaseeeeeee

Second this. TBR is not that expensive and I bet people love to pay for their books. But one of the reasons why people start considering illegal download is because its so hard to get the legal version lol

Second this. TBR is not that expensive and I bet people love to pay for their books. But one of the reasons why people start considering illegal download is because its so hard to get the legal version lol
:confused: They do? I can't say I enjoyed seeing my bank account get smaller.... lol. Regardless, I do agree TBR's system is poorly built. Unfortunately, there's some political stuff there from what I understand that basically means it's not changing any time soon.

:confused: They do? I can't say I enjoyed seeing my bank account get smaller.... lol. Regardless, I do agree TBR's system is poorly built. Unfortunately, there's some political stuff there from what I understand that basically means it's not changing any time soon.

lol I probably should have been more careful when I said that but personally I love to pay for it. Especially, I find printing out those pdf books actually cost me much more than the price of the book. You know how thick those books are:p

in the end the whole process of applying to medical school and preparing for the MCAT is a BUSINESS and companies like Kaplan, EK, Princeton, TBR have all realized this....neurotic premeds will continue to share and lend books whether it's giving the book in person or else, but in the end, these companies make enough money that they shouldn't complain

I'm one of these neurotic premed students and this has been a nice study break, goodbye:)