tracking hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justcallmepsych4life

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Haven't checked specific APPIC rules in a few years, but from my recollection
Yes
Depends. Just the WAIS is not really a neuropsychological assessment. You really need a comprehensive battery for it to count.
Report writing hours count for non-direct clinical hours.

It's foolish for the purposes of quantifying training experiences, but giving the tests is considered the important part of tracking time when its actually the low skill labor part of assessment. Report writing is considered non-direct and thus counts less for those hard line cuts. I get why because its hard to set a standard amount of time for a report, but it leaves the focus on a less important area in my eyes.

None the less, those are the APPIC rules. I would encourage you to be cautious of how you count 'direct hours of contact' with personality testing because of Qglobal and the tendency for us not to be there while they are filling out the bubble sheet. I wouldn't count that as '1.5 hours' or however long it took them to take the test. But thats my take on it and I'm sure others think it counter balances the fact that test integration/report writing (which is clearly the skilled part of assessment) doesn't count towards hours.

But yeh, like WisNeuro said.

Last edited: