Tracking hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nala81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good way to track clinical hours? I've been using time 2 track but it can be sort of confusing. What have others done? Those who have applied to internship - did you use time 2 track and was it helpful in the end?

Members don't see this ad.

I love time2track, frankly. i think its kinda dumb that they have interpretation lumped together with scoring though, as I always interpret when im wrting the report. When I score and norm out an instrument, i just score, thats all. There's no good category for telephone screens etiher, as we do alot of that in my research lab recruiting subjects.

used time2track!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know, those are the sort of problems I've been running into too. But I suppose I can just keep track of those extra stats in my own spreadsheet. Time 2 track does seem pretty useful, especially since you can set appointments to repeat weekly.
Thanks for the info! My main goal is to get an internship (obviously!) so if it worked well for others then I will continue to use it too.

Does anyone know if we can count practicum hours that were obtained during a previous terminal master's degree on the APPI application for internship?

Or hours that were gained from clinical work experience ?

Does anyone know if we can count practicum hours that were obtained during a previous terminal master's degree on the APPI application for internship?

Or hours that were gained from clinical work experience ?

No on both accounts I believe. In order to count for clinical hours, practicum placements must meet certain supervision requirements that are verified by your program. You can, however, list those experiences in your essays or in sections of the internship applications that ask about outside experiences.

As for tracking hours, I just made my own excel spread sheet (borrowing heavily from one I found online) which tracks my hours based on the categories outlined by APPIC. I fill it out weekly.

An alternative to T2T might be PsyKey APPIC (www.psykey.com). They have a few more hour categories than T2T, and a lot more features, plus there cheaper too.

so there aren't any free ones, i am just using excel right now (i have my files too) but just wondering if there are any other tools.

what kinds of information should we have handy?

An alternative to T2T might be PsyKey APPIC (www.psykey.com). They have a few more hour categories than T2T, and a lot more features, plus there cheaper too.

Do you work for PsyKey? All 6 of your posts so far have been promoting PsyKey, including posting an ad in the Ad section.....for PsyKey. Your title says "student"...are you a psych student, or just a shill for PsyKey?

No, I'm a grad student. I just believe in being thorough with my recommendations. :D