trade stock??

Started by Madhatter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Madhatter said:
does anyone here trade stock for some extra cash??


Did it for a living (for an online broker).

Won't ever do it for anyone again.

I still trade for myself, but not for "extra cash"! lol

Day trading is a dangerous sport. 😀
 
i wish i did.

if i had invested in apple, and then cashed out a couple months ago, I would have zero debt after med school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I you want to make serious money, you have to invest. However, as they say, you need money to make money...

noncestvrai
 
YouDontKnowJack said:
i wish i did.

if i had invested in apple, and then cashed out a couple months ago, I would have zero debt after med school

I benefitted from the split a few months ago. 😀

Think they'll split again if Job's keep his thumb out of his butt.
 
my impression is that the time to invest in apple is long gone, and i doubt they will split for a long time.

the Shuffle is a bunk product. so is the mini mac. and the fact that apple will be switching to Intel complicates things too.

and not to mention, everyone and their dog has an ipod, so demand for ipod is down now.
 
YouDontKnowJack said:
my impression is that the time to invest in apple is long gone, and i doubt they will split for a long time.

the Shuffle is a bunk product. so is the mini mac. and the fact that apple will be switching to Intel complicates things too.

and not to mention, everyone and their dog has an ipod, so demand for ipod is down now.
Being somewhere before something gets hot is it. I missed Apple as well but I found this new company that got backed by Motorola to put Motorola's name on it and distribute it... I invested in the company that makes the device. It's called Worldgate and trades under WGAT ( http://www.wgate.com/ ) It's worth researching this product (motorola ojo) and company but it's a dangerous sport like the above poster said. I have some other holdings as well but we won't make this a "stock tips" thread :laugh:

Edit: Trading at $3.50 and let's see where she goes !
 
sunnyjohn said:
Did it for a living (for an online broker).

Won't ever do it for anyone again.

I still trade for myself, but not for "extra cash"! lol

Day trading is a dangerous sport. 😀
i have lots of Qs
on ETFs
anyone know how to jump into that?
 
noncestvrai said:
I you want to make serious money, you have to invest. However, as they say, you need money to make money...

noncestvrai

to those who live by this rule, it isn't always hard and fast. money certainly helps, but many rich ppl like andrew carnegie and buffett and gates as well did not start off with tons of cash to boot.
 
zhaf86 said:
to those who live by this rule, it isn't always hard and fast. money certainly helps, but many rich ppl like andrew carnegie and buffett and gates as well did not start off with tons of cash to boot.

True, but all these stories are very different and hard to replicate. Gates did not make his money through investment - he did it by seeing more value in other companies' software (DOS, GUI) and buying it from them for cheap. Carnegie made his million off of steel, but that was back in the 1860s -- the investment infrastructure was very different then. Buffett did, in fact make his money through investment - starting small and working his way up. But he was not exactly a rags to riches story - he was in fact the son of a congressman who went to all the right ivies, and had good connections who helped him along.