traffic on eras/nrmp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to put in my two cents, and I'm not sure if someone mentioned this in the thread already, but not all programs wait for the MSPE. I got an invite the day after submitting last year, and had seven invites before the week was over. Now, granted, this was in a not very competitive specialty, but some programs do send out invitations earlier.

Will prelims and Transitionals send interview invites if you don't have enough LORs yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Programs/payment doesn't show up for me. The message on ERAS however says a delay might be expected so just wait.

Will prelims and Transitionals send interview invites if you don't have enough LORs yet?
I have the same question. I'm still waiting on two of my letters to be uploaded but went ahead and submitted my application anyways, as I've been told it's better to submit early and then assign the letters as they get uploaded.

There should be a big banner notification on the front page...

"Submitting your application on day/hour 1 versus day/hour 5 makes zero difference in the grand scheme of things. Programs aren't going to be reviewing your application right away anyways. Please stop crashing our system with your neuroticism."

When we say "submit your application early", it means don't wait till mid-October because then you will be more than a few standard deviations behind the curve. It does not mean you will be hosed if you don't submit within the first 1-2 hours of the system opening.

This, this, and this again.

Well ERAS just got shut off again....I was about to submit my application and now I can't

I just wanted to put in my two cents, and I'm not sure if someone mentioned this in the thread already, but not all programs wait for the MSPE. I got an invite the day after submitting last year, and had seven invites before the week was over. Now, granted, this was in a not very competitive specialty, but some programs do send out invitations earlier.

I purposely noted "we" because not every program waits.

Regarding the title of this thread, I have experienced little traffic on NRMP.