transcript/amcas verification question..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiamed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the AMCAS verification process. Situation - I need my spring grades, but it won't be available until June 23rd. So if I send the transcript rush delivery (fees fees fees) to the aamc people they'll get it June 24/25th.

How long will it take them to say they received my transcript so I can immediately submit my AMCAS? It sucks because I thought I can send it at least by the end of June.. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand the AMCAS verification process. Situation - I need my spring grades, but it won't be available until June 23rd. So if I send the transcript rush delivery (fees fees fees) to the aamc people they'll get it June 24/25th.

How long will it take them to say they received my transcript so I can immediately submit my AMCAS? It sucks because I thought I can send it at least by the end of June.. :(

I'm pretty sure you can submit your AMCAS before they receive your transcripts. However, they cannot start the verification process until they get your transcripts. So, just submit, then play the waiting game. And get used to that game.

This is a great question to ask here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=781767

Also, the answer is here.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=10363055&postcount=221

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure you can submit your AMCAS before they receive your transcripts. However, they cannot start the verification process until they get your transcripts. So, just submit, then play the waiting game. And get used to that game.

I can submit my AMCAS without the transcript?

and @cougar: I'm still confused, so we can submit with the transcript but we WON'T get verified??

would it be beneficial to submit without transcript?

Last edited:
Sounds like you are having trouble getting a feel for the whole process. I recommend looking here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=729796 especially at the Official AMCAS Questions thread. If you read that thread you will have a very good understanding of how this all works.

In the meantime, in short:

1 - AMCAS Application Opens in May so you can start filling it out. This includes your activities, your personal statement, and every single class you have ever taken with the grade.
2 - In June you can submit the application.
3 - To get verified, AMCAS has to compare the classes you listed one by one with the transcripts you submit.

You can send your transcripts in as early as May. You can submit as early as June. To be considered "complete" or "verified", AMCAS has to have gotten your transcripts, and gone over them to make sure there are no mistakes. You CAN submit without the transcripts being there. But they CANNOT verify you until you do so.

The later you submit, the longer it takes to be verified. As I said in that other thread....if you submitting in the morning of June 1, you were verified in hours. If you submitted at night, it took a week. In July it takes a few weeks. Also as I said...it is unclear what "place" in line you have if you submit without your transcript being there. But it can ONLY help you, not hurt you.

Hope that clears it up!

I really recommend going back and reading all of that information. It will help you immensely.

Thank you for all your help. But I'm still not sure if I should apply this year. My spring grades aren't available until June 23rdish. How long will it take for receipt of my transcript so I can then submit my AMCAS to have it verified? I looked at past threads and it took as much as 3 weeks!

If submitting my transcript takes weeks for them to make sure its been received (mid-July) then I don't want to apply this year.

EDIT

My main question (basically summing up the above ? ): is it possible to submit my AMCAS in mid June, then my transcripts in June 25th and just wait for verification of it as a whole?

GAH sooooooooo annoying.. making me a nervous wreck

Last edited:
Thank you for all your help. But I'm still not sure if I should apply this year. My spring grades aren't available until June 23rdish. How long will it take for receipt of my transcript so I can then submit my AMCAS to have it verified? I looked at past threads and it took as much as 3 weeks!

If submitting my transcript takes weeks for them to make sure its been received (mid-July) then I don't want to apply this year.

EDIT

My main question (basically summing up the above ? ): is it possible to submit my AMCAS in mid June, then my transcripts in June 25th and just wait for verification of it as a whole?

I'm not sure how much more clearly I can say it...
For the third time, YES you can submit without your transcripts and send them in later.

If you are this stressed out now.....the application cycle might wreck you. Maybe taking an extra year will help you get some balance.

I'm not sure how much more clearly I can say it...
For the third time, YES you can submit without your transcripts and send them in later.

If you are this stressed out now.....the application cycle might wreck you. Maybe taking an extra year will help you get some balance.

lol @ incapable of following directions = take a year off :laugh:

lol @ incapable of following directions = take a year off :laugh:
Hey, the not applying this year was his suggestion. I was merely reinforcing it in a polite manner:)

EDIT

Last edited: