Transcript help - I went to 2 different colleges but both use same transcript, do i send it twice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueComet

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to two community colleges that were in the same district. I send the transcript for one of the colleges today and they told me all my community college grades would be sent. I have seen the transcript and it basically writes the schools name next to every class. I listed these as two different colleges (since they are), should i send a transcript from each school? Or will they one transcript be enough? In reality, it would be me sending them the same transcript twice for 2 different colleges. Anyone deal with this issue before?

Members don't see this ad.

If you list it as two schools in AMCAS, then I believe you need two transcripts - AMCAS will issue a separate Transcript ID for each school.

I went to two community colleges that were in the same district. I send the transcript for one of the colleges today and they told me all my community college grades would be sent. I have seen the transcript and it basically writes the schools name next to every class. I listed these as two different colleges (since they are), should i send a transcript from each school? Or will they one transcript be enough? In reality, it would be me sending them the same transcript twice for 2 different colleges. Anyone deal with this issue before?

This is a tough one. Contact AMCAS about it, but I think you will need to mark one school as Transcript exempt, because the grades are on the other transcript. Or, I suppose you could send the transcript twice, once with each request form.

Does the ever knowing @gonnif have advice for us mortals?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a tough one. Contact AMCAS about it, but I think you will need to mark one school as Transcript exempt, because the grades are on the other transcript. Or, I suppose you could send the transcript twice, once with each request form.

Does the ever knowing @gonnif have advice for us mortals?

Im on hold with AMCAs right now, they sure do take a long time. Im hoping I dont have to send it twice cause it costs me $10 and an hour drive for each one.

Nothing complicated here
you enter the college twice and you put a transcript exception on second one

can someone please clarify what this means? Enter twice where? Exception?

Im in same situation as op. I had my school send one transcript, but had them include 3 separate transcript request forms, one for each school. Will that be ok?

This is not how it should have been done

1) if you attended the same school for 3 different programs, you enter the college three times in the college section of the AMCAS application
https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...21bf6e3/2019-amcas-applicant-guide.pdfpage=17

2) in the same section you would then check transcript exception for 2 of the entries (as a single transcript will cover all 3 schools)

3) your adhoc idea may work but I would call AMCAS and explain

No, I went to three different schools (within the same district) who all put their grades on ONE transcript. No matter which of the 3 schools I request a transcript from, they all send the exact same transcript with all my grades from all three schools in that transcript. The OP mentioned 2 different schools not programs...