Transcript help - I went to 2 different colleges but both use same transcript, do i send it twice?

Started by BlueComet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BlueComet

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went to two community colleges that were in the same district. I send the transcript for one of the colleges today and they told me all my community college grades would be sent. I have seen the transcript and it basically writes the schools name next to every class. I listed these as two different colleges (since they are), should i send a transcript from each school? Or will they one transcript be enough? In reality, it would be me sending them the same transcript twice for 2 different colleges. Anyone deal with this issue before?
 
If you list it as two schools in AMCAS, then I believe you need two transcripts - AMCAS will issue a separate Transcript ID for each school.
 
I went to two community colleges that were in the same district. I send the transcript for one of the colleges today and they told me all my community college grades would be sent. I have seen the transcript and it basically writes the schools name next to every class. I listed these as two different colleges (since they are), should i send a transcript from each school? Or will they one transcript be enough? In reality, it would be me sending them the same transcript twice for 2 different colleges. Anyone deal with this issue before?

This is a tough one. Contact AMCAS about it, but I think you will need to mark one school as Transcript exempt, because the grades are on the other transcript. Or, I suppose you could send the transcript twice, once with each request form.

Does the ever knowing @gonnif have advice for us mortals?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a tough one. Contact AMCAS about it, but I think you will need to mark one school as Transcript exempt, because the grades are on the other transcript. Or, I suppose you could send the transcript twice, once with each request form.

Does the ever knowing @gonnif have advice for us mortals?

Im on hold with AMCAs right now, they sure do take a long time. Im hoping I dont have to send it twice cause it costs me $10 and an hour drive for each one.
 
Nothing complicated here
you enter the college twice and you put a transcript exception on second one

can someone please clarify what this means? Enter twice where? Exception?

Im in same situation as op. I had my school send one transcript, but had them include 3 separate transcript request forms, one for each school. Will that be ok?
 
This is not how it should have been done

1) if you attended the same school for 3 different programs, you enter the college three times in the college section of the AMCAS application
https://aamc-orange.global.ssl.fast...21bf6e3/2019-amcas-applicant-guide.pdfpage=17

2) in the same section you would then check transcript exception for 2 of the entries (as a single transcript will cover all 3 schools)

3) your adhoc idea may work but I would call AMCAS and explain

No, I went to three different schools (within the same district) who all put their grades on ONE transcript. No matter which of the 3 schools I request a transcript from, they all send the exact same transcript with all my grades from all three schools in that transcript. The OP mentioned 2 different schools not programs...
 
I went to two community colleges that were in the same district. I send the transcript for one of the colleges today and they told me all my community college grades would be sent. I have seen the transcript and it basically writes the schools name next to every class. I listed these as two different colleges (since they are), should i send a transcript from each school? Or will they one transcript be enough? In reality, it would be me sending them the same transcript twice for 2 different colleges. Anyone deal with this issue before?
Hi! Op what did you end up doing? I am in the same position rn!
 
@rraghav I had the same thing going on. I'm in Texas and I went to both Tarrant County College (which sometimes pops up by campus) and Dallas College (which definitely breaks up by campus, calling them different names like "Northlake College" even though its all one system. For both of them, I only included them once, so I only needed ONE transcript from each school.

Community colleges are so weird. YMMV but I hope this helps.