Transcript Help!

Started by geography
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

geography

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Brace yourselves... this is long.

I ordered a transcript from my community college through National Student Clearinghouse early July. My school sent it to PharmCAS late July, and I patiently waited 10 business days for PharmCAS to upload it. It never happened.

I called everyone: PharmCAS, my school, and National Student Clearinghouse. They all pointed fingers at each other, which was no help. I thought, "OK... maybe it was my fault" (even though I have the receipt to prove I wrote the address correctly, turned in the transcript request form to my school, and told them to send it with my transcript).

So I decided to order another transcript. This was sent on 8/20. Currently, I am waiting for PharmCAS to upload that they received it, but I have a feeling that they never will, based on what happened previously. I know it has been less than 10 business days. But I am worrying (a lot!) because PharmCAS was able to upload my main university transcript the same week it was sent (like within 5 business days) without any problems.

I voiced my concerns to PharmCAS just last Friday over the phone, and they said that there might be a (last resort) solution. But I am not exactly clear on it. They said if I could get my school to explain that they sent both transcripts on a school letterhead, and a transcript (that I am guessing I ordered personally and have in my possession), then I could send it to PharmCAS. This is the first time I ever heard of this, because I know it is stated explicitly on PharmCAS that the transcript must be from the school's registrar's office.

Did anyone ever have to go though this much trouble just to send a transcript? If so, is it even possible for me to send a transcript myself along with a letterhead from my school explaining what happened?

It is just so annoying because this is the last part of my entire application, which I have already submitted. If anyone could help, it will be greatly appreciated!!
 
I doubt your school will accept the transcript from you. I tried it last cycle when I had issues too. It was around the massive amounts of snow, so the offices were closed a lot. I had mine double sent and it turns out they ended up receiving both. It's getting busier so it might take a little longer. Hope it shows up soon!!