Transcript holdup

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pianola

MS2
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear SDNers,

Your help would be immensely appreciated.

I haven't sent one of my transcripts to AMCAS and here's why: One of the courses on the transcript is undergoing a "name change". [It's a complicated story.]

Apparently, it'll take my university up to another two weeks to process the name change which was requested a week ago. I'm planning on politely inquiring as to the status of the name change tomorrow.

**Anyway, the name change may have some relevance as to whether the course goes under the BCPM GPA or the AO GPA. And the changed name, incidentally, is in my favor.

If you were me, would you wait to send the transcript? Bear in mind, I'm not getting my MCAT score until the 25th anyway.

Worst case scenario: Is June 15th too late to send a transcript? What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Dear SDNers,

I haven't sent one of my transcripts to AMCAS and here's why: One of the courses on the transcript is undergoing a "name change". [It's a complicated story.]

Apparently, it'll take my university up to another two weeks to process the name change which was requested a week ago. I'm planning on politely inquiring as to the status of the name change tomorrow.

**Anyway, the name change may have some relevance as to whether the course goes under the BCPM GPA or the AO GPA. And the changed name, incidentally, is in my favor.

If you were me, would you wait to send the transcript? Bear in mind, I'm not getting my MCAT score until the 25th anyway.

Worst case scenario: Is June 15th too late to send a transcript? What are your thoughts?
probably doesnt matter...chances are its not gonna hurt or help your gpa much anyways, and if you do wait you wont be too late regardless.

Dear SDNers,

Jesus this is the 4th time today Ive seen people OMGPANIC over June 15. QUARTER PEOPLE CANT EVEN SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS UNTIL JUNE 23!!11111!!1 Yet somehow we get in. Chill. Out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus this is the 4th time today Ive seen people OMGPANIC over June 15. QUARTER PEOPLE CANT EVEN SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS UNTIL JUNE 23!!11111!!1 Yet somehow we get in. Chill. Out.

1. Thanks a bunch for your reply (even if I seriously annoyed you).

2. See, I learned something new about the quarter system?

3. That wasn't an OMGPANIC post, it was a "what would you do in my shoes?" post.

[An OMGPANIC post looks like this::eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!:eek:!]

i know sdners like to harp "apply early and broadly" but seriously, i think if you were verified by mid to late july, you'd still be considered early.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I really appreciate it. I can def. use the time to look closely at my app.