Transcript issue, school error. need help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nekrogg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so the issue is that my school messed up one of my classes on my transcript. Rather than being the 4 units that it is, they wrote it as 1 unit on my transcript instead. now this class affects my overall gpa by decreasing it 0.006 and does not affect my bpcm gpa because it is a communications class. my main concern is getting my application in early to beat the 4-5 week rush. my transcript (the messed up one) is already in and it would take up to two weeks to get in another fixed one sent in.

so i have 4 options.

1) To submit it and have them notice a discrepency between what I entered and my transcript.
Question: would they change my unit amount and proceed to give it verified status or would they send it back to me and make me redo it?

2) Say on my transcript that this class was only one unit to avoid issues during the verification process.
Question: Is this considered academic dishonesty? even though im not benefiting from lieing about the units besides that I want to get the application in early?

3) Submit and call them telling them a new transcript is coming.
Question: would they just not begin the verification process until it comes?

4) Wait for the new transcript to get there, then submit.

Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

nekrogg said:
Okay so the issue is that my school messed up one of my classes on my transcript. Rather than being the 4 units that it is, they wrote it as 1 unit on my transcript instead. now this class affects my overall gpa by decreasing it 0.006 and does not affect my bpcm gpa because it is a communications class. my main concern is getting my application in early to beat the 4-5 week rush. my transcript (the messed up one) is already in and it would take up to two weeks to get in another fixed one sent in.

so i have 4 options.

1) To submit it and have them notice a discrepency between what I entered and my transcript.
Question: would they change my unit amount and proceed to give it verified status or would they send it back to me and make me redo it?

2) Say on my transcript that this class was only one unit to avoid issues during the verification process.
Question: Is this considered academic dishonesty? even though im not benefiting from lieing about the units besides that I want to get the application in early?

3) Submit and call them telling them a new transcript is coming.
Question: would they just not begin the verification process until it comes?

4) Wait for the new transcript to get there, then submit.

Any help would be great. Thanks everyone.

bump please?

I would call them or email them asking what they would suggest without using your amcas email address or telling them who you are lol. Just see what they suggest, tell them you don't want to slow down your application and you don't really care about the gpa difference. See what they say.

Members don't see this ad :)
do i submit my primary b4 i send in my transcripts or can i send them in first b4 submitting my AMCAS?

doublehh03 said:
do i submit my primary b4 i send in my transcripts or can i send them in first b4 submitting my AMCAS?

what? your primary are your amcas and you need your transcript to complete your amcas. you should send your transcript in before you finish your amcas so you dont have to wait and have maximum time to work on your app. gl