Transcript not received by AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiteralLungs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I requested electronic transcripts from my institution on May 12th, and they were sent on May 23rd. To this day, AMCAS has not received them. I contacted AMCAS about this multiple times since then, and I've put in multiple escalation requests. AMCAS recently got back to me to say that they do not have my transcripts. When I had them sent, I gave my institution instructions on how to send them electronically, as AMCAS has detailed online. I checked with them after sending to make it clear that these were the instructions to be followed.
Whatever the case, they have told me that they will resend the transcripts by mail since the email seemed to not work. I really would like to avoid this, seeing how it's mid July and the mailed transcript will take at least a month (probably 2.5 months-4 months) to be received and processed.

Should I email the institution and ask them to send electronically, then make it clear that this is an urgent matter, and that every delay further jeopardizes my application? I don't know if saying this would do any good, or if it would sound overly dramatic.

Members don't see this ad.

I would have them resend electronically. Instructions are on the AMCAS Coronavirus FAQs page. Make sure your school includes the AMCAS transcript cover page.

I would have them resend electronically. Instructions are on the AMCAS Coronavirus FAQs page. Make sure your school includes the AMCAS transcript cover page.

Where are there instructions for including the "AMCAS transcript cover page"? I didn't see anything about an official cover page.

I'm asking how I should go about asking the institution to send them electronically. That's what they did the first time, and I feel like they did something wrong because it didn't go through. Maybe they sent the transcript directly to [email protected] instead of sending a message asking for "instructions" first, like the directions say to do.

When I asked them to resend it, they said they wanted to send it by mail since the electronic one didn't appear to work. I'm asking, would it be appropriate for me to inform that it is urgent to avoid delay, and that they should send electronically anyway? They don't normally do electronic transcripts, so I think this is all new for them. I don't know how much of a difference it would make for me to argue with them about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry that you’re dealing with this, I had a lot of issues with one of my transcripts too. I ended up resending mine both by email and overnight mail. Email was faster. I sent it directly to [email protected].

Sorry that you’re dealing with this, I had a lot of issues with one of my transcripts too. I ended up resending mine both by email and overnight mail. Email was faster. I sent it directly to [email protected].
Yours was sent directly to [email protected] and amcas received it? Ah, I assumed since AMCAS told me that they never received it that it must have been something my institution did wrong. I guess it could have gotten lost after getting to AMCAS too.

Yours was sent directly to [email protected] and amcas received it? Ah, I assumed since AMCAS told me that they never received it that it must have been something my institution did wrong. I guess it could have gotten lost after getting to AMCAS too.
Yes, I did! I wasn’t sure if it would work, but it was the only way my school was sending electronic transcripts so I went for it. It was marked received after 10 business days.

Where are there instructions for including the "AMCAS transcript cover page"? I didn't see anything about an official cover page.

Log into your AMCAS and click on "Print Transcript Request Forms". Thatis the cover page that the institution sending the transcript needs to send along with the transcript.

Log into your AMCAS and click on "Print Transcript Request Forms". Thatis the cover page that the institution sending the transcript needs to send along with the transcript.
OP this is important Without this form your transcript will just float around AAMCS. The form is important. If you didn’t use it before that’s why your transcripts weren’t received and processed to your file!

Reactions: 1 user
OP this is important Without this form your transcript will just float around AAMCS. The form is important. If you didn’t use it before that’s why your transcripts weren’t received and processed to your file!

No, I did include that form before. I was confused about what a "cover page" was. I thought that was something new that the AAMC is not asking for. I did include that page last time.

Did your school? Make sure they do use it.

I'm not sure. I'm going to contact them to make sure that they used it. They said they would mail it this time because the emailing didn't work. Do you think I should tell them that I'd prefer they email since it is quicker? And should I inform them that it is urgent that it gets to AMCAS as quickly as possible?

Email should be quicker if done correctly. Maybe try talking directly to the registrar(not just a person working in that office). And yes tell them in very strong terms that you are two months delayed in the process through no fault of our own. Stress the importance of getting the transcript form and transcript sent immediately! You requested the transcripts 2 months ago. Even if AMCAS gets your transcript and it enters in the queue for verification by July 17, they won’t get to verifying it until mid August. This year you have extra time but it is infuriating that a glitch someplace a long the line is causing you issues. Good luck. Please let us know what happens.

I'm not sure. I'm going to contact them to make sure that they used it. They said they would mail it this time because the emailing didn't work. Do you think I should tell them that I'd prefer they email since it is quicker? And should I inform them that it is urgent that it gets to AMCAS as quickly as possible?
My suggestion is to have them send it electronically and via paper. It is ok for AMCAS to have multiple copies. In my case, one of the schools did send multiple times through multiple methods because several students were complaning. AMCAS marked that particular transcript as "Received" four times!