Transcript Not Received

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelpy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

no.

first off, it's been like a week total. second, 2 of the 7 days was weekend and 1 (maybe even 2 counting monday) was holiday. AMCAS has probably received your transcript. but it will take them over a week (AFTER they receive it in their office) for them to get to it and consider it "received". if you call them they will only tell you exactly what you see online.

kelpy said:
My school sent my registrar to AMCAS on June 28 by 1st class mail. My school's in the midwest, but still AMCAS should have received it by now. I'm freaking out, should I contact AMCAS?

You've got the holiday weekend in there, which will take longer with the mail. Also, AMCAS seems to take about five days to process the transcripts once the arrive and you don't get notification of arrival until it enters into their system. If you contact AMCAS, they won't tell you anything you can't find out online...I tried that :)

Members don't see this ad :)
not to mention they are backlogged with a pile of transcripts when they had that massive flood down there. Im going to expect them to be exactly like they were during the release of the April MCATs, slow....

hey i also asked in a previous thread, but is it common for peple here to send more then one transcript? Is it necesssary or is it just a symptom of premed angst?

braluk said:
hey i also asked in a previous thread, but is it common for peple here to send more then one transcript? Is it necesssary or is it just a symptom of premed angst?

never heard of this. but can definitely picture a premed doing it.

Robizzle said:
never heard of this. but can definitely picture a premed doing it.
I acidentally had multiple transcripts sent one year. The school had 2 addresses for the registrars office so I sent requests to both addresses. Surprisingly, both requests went through at the same time. I just got 2 "transcript received" notifications for that particular school and that was the end of it. I was still verified pretty quickly.

i sent two...i sent mine may 24th and it wasn't there by june 10, so i had them send another one...i was notified that it was there on june 19...so i'm not sure which one made it :)

kelpy said:
My school sent my registrar to AMCAS on June 28 by 1st class mail.

Well, that's the problem. AMCAS wants a copy of your TRANSCRIPT, not the REGISTRAR. I'm sure the registrar is a very nice person, but AMCAS will probably just send her back. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: By the way, how did they fit her in the envelpe? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: