Transcript problem so start all over again?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

here2learn

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting this for a friend.

"I was born in Denmark and got my BSc from a college in Denmark. Then I immigrated to the US and worked for a few years before I had the urge to go to medical school. When I applied to a local college for pre-med classes with my marksheets (transcripts), the local college told me that they have no record of my college in Denmark. That college has shut down. I suppose because I never paid them all the tuition money, they didn't bother to inform me they were shutting down.

There is no way of getting official transcripts from them since they have shut down - I have explored all the options going all the way up to the Education Ministry.

Do I have to start all over again with a fresh BS degree?"

Members don't see this ad.

"I was born in Denmark and got my BSc from a college in Denmark. Then I immigrated to the US and worked for a few years before I had the urge to go to medical school. When I applied to a local college for pre-med classes with my marksheets (transcripts), the local college told me that they have no record of my college in Denmark. That college has shut down. I suppose because I never paid them all the tuition money, they didn't bother to inform me they were shutting down.

There is no way of getting official transcripts from them since they have shut down - I have explored all the options going all the way up to the Education Ministry.

Wow! That sucks. If there is NO way to get the official transcript, then I guess he has no choice but to redo his degree.

Find the right people in the Danish Education Ministry and ask what you can do (either pay off your tuition balance, or offer a bribe.. it works sometimes)

Considering she already has a degree in Biology from Denmark that she cannot document, what is the quickest way for her to get a complete second degree? She is also a distant cousin to me, by the way.

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS doesn't accept foreign transcripts anyway, and med schools require 60-90 semester hours (including all the prerequisites) earned at accredited US or Canadian schools, except for a very few that only require 30 hours, like Yale.

The fastest way to get a complete second degree is to attend summer sessions as well as the usual academic year and to take a heavy hourly load each term.

BTW, it's common in the US also that a transcript will not be released until all indebtedness to the school is cleared.

Higher education is free in Denmark, and I do not believe there are any private universities in the country, so an issue of fees makes no sense; I'm calling BS. If their university shut-down, then the university will have transfered their transcripts to another university, so all he/she needs to find out is which university now holds all the transcripts, and get a copy from them.

Perhpas what the administrator meant was that the university was not in the intenational handbook of universities (I cannot remember the book's exact name, but it is published by the UN, and all accredited/approved universities are listed in it). Regardless, there is no reason why a degree from a first-world country should be an issue

I am pretty sure if someone is a designated citizen of Greenland, which is a territory of the Kingdom of Denmark, they have to pay full tuition in Denmark. My cousin is a Utah resident and the University of Utah does not accept foreign degrees. So her problem of getting a quick BS degree from the US remains. So which is the quickest way to get a BS degree?

I am pretty sure if someone is a designated citizen of Greenland, which is a territory of the Kingdom of Denmark, they have to pay full tuition in Denmark. My cousin is a Utah resident and the University of Utah does not accept foreign degrees. So her problem of getting a quick BS degree from the US remains. So which is the quickest way to get a BS degree?

If she's a Utah resident, then doesn't she get in-state at Utah?

Do CLEPs, APs, credit by exams, whatever to skip through first/second year, earn 60-90 more credits over 2-3 years, get ECs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.