Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteveUTexas

hmmm.....
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When submitting transcripts for the 2005 application cycle is it necessary to include current course work (Spring 04)? The appliaction is avalible May 1st and I want to be complete as soon as possible but my Spring 04 grades will not be posted to my transcript until a few weeks after that date.

Members don't see this ad.

just send them what you have...

and put down the classes you took for spring as classes you are planning to take or not have yet completed....and then when those come out....you can send those as update letters later on in the app cycle or if a school interviews you and they wish to have copies of your transcripts then you can send it then. but no you dont have to wait till they come out.

If you expect those grades to improve your GPA, however, I would wait for them to come out before sending in your transcript.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by SteveUTexas
When submitting transcripts for the 2005 application cycle is it necessary to include current course work (Spring 04)? The appliaction is avalible May 1st and I want to be complete as soon as possible but my Spring 04 grades will not be posted to my transcript until a few weeks after that date.

Even though AMCAS is available on May 1st, you won't be able to submit it until June 1st... it just goes online a month early so you can fill it in and stuff. So you should be able to fill in your spring grades before submission, even if you want to be among the first people to submit.

In case this is about fear of getting bad grades this term and you're hoping to slip by without submitting them, nope, you're going to have to submit them sooner or later.

I doubt your AMCAS would process without spring grades anyway... so even if you dont' have them by June 1, you'll have to send them in separately sometime before they'll send your info to the schools. This is just my guess though, not sure about that.

Originally posted by No Egrets

In case this is about fear of getting bad grades this term and you're hoping to slip by without submitting them, nope, you're going to have to submit them sooner or later.

I doubt your AMCAS would process without spring grades anyway... so even if you dont' have them by June 1, you'll have to send them in separately sometime before they'll send your info to the schools. This is just my guess though, not sure about that.

This is not correct. If you have your school submit your transcript to AAMC prior to posting of spring quarter grades, you can (and, in fact, must, unless you resubmit a second transcript with spring quarter grades prior to actually submitting your primary app) fill out your AMCAS application without the spring quarter marks written. You will have to send to any school that offers you an acceptance a final transcript; however, you will unlikely have to submit your spring grades before then.