Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surferdoc

SurFeR DoC
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just submitted my application and all my transcripts from my university have been received. But...Im taking calc 2 :mad: at a community college. It is the last course I need to graduate. I put that under my courses and now my AMCAS status says that it is waiting for them to receive that transcript fom the community college before they look at my application. But thats wrong because you dont have to have to have graduated for them to look at your application. What do I do? Thankss

Members don't see this ad.

Did you send a transcript from your community college? I know you must send transcripts from every school you attend. I don't know how that works considering you shouldn't have any grades on that transcript until you finish calc 2.

Members don't see this ad :)
I put it as current because Im taking it now...but it doesnt end until august. I mean I could ask them to send transcripts..although thats pointless because they would be empty haha. But I just dont know what to do.

sounds like you're going to have to wait until it's done. I don't think they'll submit it if you have courses in progress.

or you can try to convince them to submit it right now without the transcript.

I put it as current because Im taking it now...but it doesnt end until august. I mean I could ask them to send transcripts..although thats pointless because they would be empty haha. But I just dont know what to do.

Yeah, I think that is your problem. If you don't have a grade yet you probably should have put it as future...

This is exactly where where the problem lies. You assumed the transcript would be empty but it would not. You don't have to wait until you get a final grade to request a transcript. Ask the CC to send in the transcript, as is, ASAP. It would list the course you're taking right now with an "IP" (in progress) grade. Then AMCAS will see this and enter the same "IP" grade. By the rules, your AMCAS application is incomplete and will not be processed until a transcript is received from every school you attended or are currently attending. If you wait until peak season in August you won't get your AMCAS processed until October or November when it's pretty much over.

Yeah, I think that is your problem. If you don't have a grade yet you probably should have put it as future...

I don't think that's the real problem. You can still put it in as current and that is OK so long as you send in a transcript. I did this last year and everything worked out fine.