Transcript Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poke101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well here is my question. I once enrolled in a technical college for a CNA class, but later ended up dropping the class before it even started. I plan on applying to medical school, and I was wondering if they would require me to submit a transcipt from that school? even though i never attended the school??:confused:? also i called the admissions office of the school, and they said i cant get a transcript cuz technically i never went there.

Thanks!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

In some situations AMCAS has required a student to get a letter from the school stating that (s)he did not matriculate and no transcript exists. To know for sure, I'd call AMCAS and ask, as finding this out after you've submitted your application could result in weeks of delay before your transcripts are certified and sent out, if you belatedly have to obtain such a letter. If you were accepted to the school and your data was submitted to the national educational clearinghouse, AMCAS will know it, but perhaps not that you never actually attended.