1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Transcript Question

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by poke101, Jan 5, 2009.

1. poke101

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Well here is my question. I once enrolled in a technical college for a CNA class, but later ended up dropping the class before it even started. I plan on applying to medical school, and I was wondering if they would require me to submit a transcipt from that school? even though i never attended the school??:confused:? also i called the admissions office of the school, and they said i cant get a transcript cuz technically i never went there.

Thanks!:thumbup:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Catalystik

Catalystik Platinum
    Physician Faculty SDN Advisor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

In some situations AMCAS has required a student to get a letter from the school stating that (s)he did not matriculate and no transcript exists. To know for sure, I'd call AMCAS and ask, as finding this out after you've submitted your application could result in weeks of delay before your transcripts are certified and sent out, if you belatedly have to obtain such a letter. If you were accepted to the school and your data was submitted to the national educational clearinghouse, AMCAS will know it, but perhaps not that you never actually attended.