Transcript receipt by AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdm2fly

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent my transcripts to AMCAS a week ago, and I'm wondering if there is some type of notification section on the online application where I can actually see that they received them. Does it exist? Has anyone found it? Thanks in advance for your help!:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, click on application status and it will show your transcript status. AMCAS will also send you an email when they receive your transcripts. :D

Yes, click on application status and it will show your transcript status. AMCAS will also send you an email when they receive your transcripts. :D

gracias

Members don't see this ad :)
I received e-mail notification that AMCAS received my transcripts, so you could find out that way, too.

after receiving the transcripts, how/when do they give us our amcas GPA?

I have a slightly related question:

Can we submit our transcripts before we submit our AMCAS application if we are still working on certain sections but have the courses section completed? Or do you have to wait to submit your transcript until you submit your AMCAS application? I ask b/c it seems it would speed up the process.

Thanks.

I assume we get our "official" gpa AFTER we've submitted our apps on June 5th and been verified (which takes a few weeks).

Yes, once you create an AMCAS login and receive your AMCAS ID number you can fill out your background information and your educational information and then print out the transcript requests to send to your schools. Meanwhile, you can work on entering your coursework, activities, personal statement, etc. When all of your transcripts have been received by AMCAS (you can check by clicking on "details" on the main page of your application), AND you've finished filling out all of the other information, you can submit and wait to be verified. If you haven't received your MCAT score yet, that's fine too. There's a section to indicate what date you will be taking it, and AMCAS will send the score out to the schools when it comes in.

you get your AMCAS GPA after they verify your application. if your transcripts are received before you submit, and you submit in early june, you'll get the numbers within a week usually. after june is when stuff starts backing up pretty quickly (early july isn't bad, but august on takes a couple weeks)

hope this helps!